What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 11/23-11/25

He’s coaching a lot looser this year than before.

Among possible upsets, I’d watch out for South Carolina this week.

Rivalry week is always fun to watch. Obviously The Game and the Iron Bowl are the headliners, but two of the rivalries I like to watch are Clemson-South Carolina and Arizona-Arizona State (easily the most underrated rivalry nationally IMO).

I understand it is the nature of the business, but it sucks to have a guy who has at least 4 more years (?) on his contact actively campaigning to weisel his way out of it. Not exactly living up to your commitment.

And I write this being perfectly good with MikeMac leaving. In fact, I think it is probably time for a change. I just think it’s a little silly that these coaches expect these kids to commit, but can’t even live up to the terms of their own contracts.

I understand it is the nature of the business, but it sucks to have a guy who has at least 4 more years (?) on his contact actively campaigning to weisel his way out of it. Not exactly living up to your commitment.

And I write this being perfectly good with MikeMac leaving. In fact, I think it is probably time for a change. I just think it’s a little silly that these coaches expect these kids to commit, but can’t even live up to the terms of their own contracts.

Can't say I disagree with you, but you're right, it's the nature of the beast.

Personally, it could be mutually beneficial for him to go to an SEC school, but I'm not sure going to what might be a toxic situation in Oxford is it. I might be wrong, but him jumping ship to go there screams "I can't wait to get out of Boulder" to me. I know he's a Southern guy, but he has to know that the odds of success there are long.

Terrible targeting call in the Houston Navy game. Kid obviously led with his shoulder, went for the body, with incidental contact to the head.

Calls like that are why I hate that rule.

Rivalry week is always fun to watch. Obviously The Game and the Iron Bowl are the headliners, but two of the rivalries I like to watch are Clemson-South Carolina and Arizona-Arizona State (easily the most underrated rivalry nationally IMO).
My only problem with the UA-ASU rivalry is that so often it turns into a blowout. The fun part with that is that it's often a blowout in the opposite way you'd expect going into the game. That and the fact that there's usually so much scoring that the game takes 4 hours. Really good one, though.

Is that considered a "rivalry game"?
Big time. Got especially heated over the fact that **** bailer's political lobbying forced TCU into the G5 while Baylor went to the Big 12. Every reasonable consideration about the schools, athletic departments and home markets pointed strongly in TCU's favor. But the TX governor and a lot of big hats at the time were **** bailer grads. The merger was going to get blocked if **** bailer wasn't included. It was a rivalry before that. After that, TCU folks have a special kind of hate for the folks in Waco.

Expected this Narduzzi team all year long smh. I took them for over 6.5 in that O/U thread and thought that was a sure thing :|

Sphincters might be tightening on the Miami sideline.

Pitt is playing inspired ball.

USC's chances are still on fumes, but this opens the window for them too. The'll all be rooting hard for South Carolina.

I think SC's chances died when UW lost.

I suppose Stanford beating ND could give SC a chance to impress in the Pac-12 title game, but I doubt it.

Damn.

Richt benched Rosier.

Panic move, imo.

Even if they come back, now you have a big problem going into next week.

Dang near a shocking amount of balls Pitt has batted down at the LOS. Still think Pitt needs a another score to pull this one out.

Fun game though!

I suppose Stanford beating ND could give SC a chance to impress in the Pac-12 title game, but I doubt it.
USC needs Wazzu to beat UW. Wazzu's got the tiebreaker over Stanford (beat them) and are ranked higher at #13 than UW right now. Might put Wazzu in the Top 10 while giving USC a chance to avenge a 3pt road loss in a game that was a road Friday following a road Saturday game on their schedule. We may be splitting hairs at the end, so USC having a good argument that one of its losses was due in large part to the schedulers ****ing them over would be a big deal for their chances.

Edit: Would also help if Stanford beats Notre Dame. Makes the USC loss at ND look a little flukey since USC whipped Stanford. Also would go a long way to improving the perception of the Pac-12 with a Cardinal win.

Last edited:

Agree. For USC to have any shot, I think the following would need to happen:

-Clemson loses tomorrow and then beats Miami next week.
-Auburn wins tomorrow, Georgia loses tomorrow, and then Georgia wins next week.
-Stanford beats Notre Dame tomorrow.
-Ohio State loses to Michigan tomorrow and then beats Wisconsin next week.
-USC wins big in the Pac-12 Championship.

The pure chaos here would be hilarious.

Pitt keeps snapping the ball with 7,8,9 seconds on the play clock.

Every one of those is a potential extra play for Miami.

Kid needs to be snapping at 1 or 2 seconds.

Play by play guy said something about Miami maybe not getting the ball back when they punted it with 9 minutes left. I thought he was being an idot, but he might be right at this rate.
Dang near looking that way.

I think I take the FG here.

Back