What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 11/23 - 11/27

You know how I make fun of moral victories, but I'm gonna make an exception. KU lost 34-28 to WVU. As bad as that program has been and with the scandal causing all that turmoil, that coach & players have done a good job this year. Beat UT. Almost had OU & almost beat TCU. I think they are close to turning the corner to respectability.

CSU got their nice new stadium right there in town yet still nobody goes to the games. I realize they're not a good team and it sucks when the majority of your games start at 8pm but come on, this is just bad. At least you had an excuse when your stadium was way out in the foothills
But, but,

The only thing holding them back from having P5 conferences fighting over them as expansion candidates was an on-campus stadium Once they got that they were going to average 35,000 easy, probably more when they expanded capacity.

CSU's entire football existence is based on playing us. Without us they have nothing that grabs their alumnus (I hesitate to call them a fan base) attention.

Play us and lose, the normal, and it is wait until next year while complaining about how unfair it is. Win and they get excited and show up for the next few games until they realize that their conference sucks and the games just aren't that entertaining.

Unfortunately though CU fans should care some. Despite their protestations they still owe a huge amount of money on that white elephant and getting crowds small enough to fit in one parking lot doesn't help that situation.

They school already subsidizes the program with a huge amount of money. If they end up having to pay for a big chunk of the stadium debt as well there will be students, taxpayers, and others justifiably upset. In that case the state legislature may overreact (like they have plenty of times before) and impose rules that would make it harder for CU to use debt to develop facilities even though CU has no history of not being able to pay.

But, but,

The only thing holding them back from having P5 conferences fighting over them as expansion candidates was an on-campus stadium Once they got that they were going to average 35,000 easy, probably more when they expanded capacity.

CSU's entire football existence is based on playing us. Without us they have nothing that grabs their alumnus (I hesitate to call them a fan base) attention.

Play us and lose, the normal, and it is wait until next year while complaining about how unfair it is. Win and they get excited and show up for the next few games until they realize that their conference sucks and the games just aren't that entertaining.

Unfortunately though CU fans should care some. Despite their protestations they still owe a huge amount of money on that white elephant and getting crowds small enough to fit in one parking lot doesn't help that situation.

They school already subsidizes the program with a huge amount of money. If they end up having to pay for a big chunk of the stadium debt as well there will be students, taxpayers, and others justifiably upset. In that case the state legislature may overreact (like they have plenty of times before) and impose rules that would make it harder for CU to use debt to develop facilities even though CU has no history of not being able to pay.
It’s like Mtn has a library of these anti-CSU rants to pick from, when needed. That, or he’s prolific without notice! 😀

But, but,

As much as I hate CSU I really wish they had good support because as Jens said, college football support is just sad in the state. It would make things much more interesting locally in CO if they had the support of Boise, or Utah and BYU when those schools were in the MWC. It doesn't help when the media puts so much emphasis on the Broncos and other pro sports in the Denver area and discarding college sports for the most part

Back