What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/31 - 9/4

chip kelly has caused me to pull for Notre Dame this year, and I can never forgive that.
HC Marcus Freeman has been pretty easy to like so far. Stack that with Kelley being a total phony ass (and also a great football coach), so he was easy to hate. I'll probably be cheering for ND whenever I watch them this year. Definitely when they play Ohio State, USC, Clemson, Pitt and Stanford.

HC Marcus Freeman has been pretty easy to like so far. Stack that with Kelley being a total phony ass (and also a great football coach), so he was easy to hate. I'll probably be cheering for ND whenever I watch them this year. Definitely when they play Ohio State, USC, Clemson, Pitt and Stanford.

Go FSU.

Nice to see the refs didn't penalize Rutgers on that last play. Absolutely crushed the QB as he was completing his throwing motion. Absolutely crushed the receiver as he tried to catch the ball on the sideline. Both hits were textbook - on time and body shots which didn't involve the helmet. I was afraid either/both would get flagged as targeted an unprotected player. But they allowed them to play football. Good job, refs.

How do you feel about Texas St v Baylor?

In general, I felt like the Big XII looked like shyte. Even most of the teams that won still struggled.
A power 5 team losing to a below average Sun Belt team is an embarrassment. Sadly had we kept Dorrell Texas State would probably beat us as well but that's a different post.

Likely that Baylor walked in thinking they had already won and got punched in the mouth. It does though also show that despite the money they have dumped in and their willingness to do anything to win the Baylor program is decaying.

Other than TCU (by accident, when they scheduled CU we stunk,) WVU who got beat by Pedo State, and maybe Tech who played on the road at Wyoming who has battled some P5 schools in the past every B12 school should have been embarrassed charging admission for those "games" most of which featured opponents who had lower rated talent than the B12 schools backups.

Even then, as pathetic as some of the opponents were, some of the B12 schools managed to struggle. Houston barely escaped UTSA, Okie Light didn't dominate Central Arkansas, and Texas looked worse against Rice than the score indicated.

I am surprised that the TV networks haven't stepped in and told the conferences that if they want to get paid they need to provide some better quality content in these out of conference weeks.

If our game hadn't had the Prime factor the entire slate of Saturday games would have been garbage.

It can't be good for college football as a whole to have the first couple weekends of games consisting of mostly dull blowouts and garbage games. If I wasn't a serious college football fan this past two weekends would have turned me off to the game.

I am going in thinking that we should win by a 2 possession final score. I'm confident, but prepared to be biting nails.
I think is going to be a terrible matchup for knu. You can’t get in good enough shape to play this offense in one week. Sonny Dykes even referenced this in his post game by disparaging his own team’s conditioning….and TCU goes hard! This time we’re at home, at altitude, and playing an offense that is no real threat to throw the ball around the yard.

I am guessing we run a bunch of Cov 1 and Cov 5, to load the box (something we could not do against TCU), and when we get up by 14, kNU will start giving the ball away in their attempt to come back. We are going to completely gas these dudes

Maybe it’s the old, scared Buff fan in me, but I think next week is going to be closer than we would prefer.
Possible, but one of the easiest ways to take their run game away is to jump on them early. This offense can and probably should score TDs against a defense that was 76th last year in total d.

Ignore the propaganda coming out of Lincoln lol-theyre comparing their D to the 2015 Broncos because they held Minnesota and that ****ty quarterback to 13 points.

A power 5 team losing to a below average Sun Belt team is an embarrassment. Sadly had we kept Dorrell Texas State would probably beat us as well but that's a different post.

Likely that Baylor walked in thinking they had already won and got punched in the mouth. It does though also show that despite the money they have dumped in and their willingness to do anything to win the Baylor program is decaying.

Other than TCU (by accident, when they scheduled CU we stunk,) WVU who got beat by Pedo State, and maybe Tech who played on the road at Wyoming who has battled some P5 schools in the past every B12 school should have been embarrassed charging admission for those "games" most of which featured opponents who had lower rated talent than the B12 schools backups.

Even then, as pathetic as some of the opponents were, some of the B12 schools managed to struggle. Houston barely escaped UTSA, Okie Light didn't dominate Central Arkansas, and Texas looked worse against Rice than the score indicated.

I am surprised that the TV networks haven't stepped in and told the conferences that if they want to get paid they need to provide some better quality content in these out of conference weeks.

If our game hadn't had the Prime factor the entire slate of Saturday games would have been garbage.

It can't be good for college football as a whole to have the first couple weekends of games consisting of mostly dull blowouts and garbage games. If I wasn't a serious college football fan this past two weekends would have turned me off to the game.
I'm gonna include Utah here because Im watching them right now-they looked good Thursday night.

Prime and Whittingham should be licking their chops on their way into the Big 12.

🤣🤣🤣🤣. Exactly! You just used your words better to express my sentiment.

You watch the Northwestern game to see which DL and LB transfers we can get

Same goes for a lot of teams, we all turn into scouts for the 2024 team. Prime is holding back recruiting HS kids for probably a lot of top transfers again

I think is going to be a terrible matchup for knu. You can’t get in good enough shape to play this offense in one week. Sonny Dykes even referenced this in his post game by disparaging his own team’s conditioning….and TCU goes hard! This time we’re at home, at altitude, and playing an offense that is no real threat to throw the ball around the yard.

I am guessing we run a bunch of Cov 1 and Cov 5, to load the box (something we could not do against TCU), and when we get up by 14, kNU will start giving the ball away in their attempt to come back. We are going to completely gas these dudes
Playing at altitude at that speed is going to be brutal for them.

Bigger issue is watching the Minny game they are not a disciplined defense. They had multiple major blown assignments against the Gophers that Minny didn't capitalize on because they frankly aren't very good.

Blow those assignments against Shedeur and his receivers and those same plays are TDs.

Same situation with their offense. They weren't good enough against Minnesota and good enough against Minnesota isn't good enough against our athletes.

Don't be surprised if the game is a bit of a struggle until we break a couple of big scoring plays then Nebraska playing from behind falls apart.

You watch the Northwestern game to see which DL and LB transfers we can get

Same goes for a lot of teams, we all turn into scouts for the 2024 team. Prime is holding back recruiting HS kids for probably a lot of top transfers again
Gonna be very interesting this year with how Coach Prime works the portal for grad transfers and regular transfers. He'll be going from the 2023 approach of "we need everything except a starting QB since that's locked down with Shedeur to a 2024 approach of strategic targets -- specific positions of need and BPA playmakers who elevate the team. When he's able to focus like that and has more time to make it happen, the results should be incredible.

Congratulations to Northwestern with the moral victory touchdown with 19 seconds left. 24-6 and kicking the XP instead of going for 2 to potentially make it a 2-score game. And then they didn't even try to onside kick. Nub fans be like, "You can't kick that! Amateurs! Act like you've chased a moral victory before!"

Last edited:
Gonna be very interesting this year with how Coach Prime works the portal for grad transfers and regular transfers. He'll be going from the 2023 approach of "we need everything except a starting QB since that's locked down with Shedeur to a 2024 approach of strategic targets -- specific positions of need and BPA playmakers who elevate the team. When he's able to focus like that and has more time to make it happen, the results should be incredible.
And also, who's he going to have left next year with the draft.

Kinne upgraded that team massively like Prime did us.

JSU getting hammered. FAMU and JSU last year was close in talent but this year, it's clear, there is a gap.

With Hunter, Cooper, and other players from the portal, this team will be elite to recruit a top flight QB.

fun fact: JT Daniels started for Rice against Texas. USC, UGA, Pitt, WVU, Rice.

JT has started for 3 different teams against Texas at DKR.

and speaking of "JT's".....JT Shrout started for Ark State against OU. 12-26. how far we have come.....LOL. love it.

How has Daniels been able to transfer that many times?

Back