What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread 9-6

865636675.gif

This should put an end to the lead-helium compound filled ball experiment.

For those still up, Texas Tech leads UTEP 30-26 with 2:23 remaining. UTEP ball on the 33 after a big kickoff return.

Which is worse; us barely winning on the road against FBS UMass or the nubs barely winning at home against FCS McNeese?

Texas, Michigan and to a lesser extent OSU all liked like unfiltered dog poo. Oh, and it's too early to say Peterson is another in a long line of BSU washouts, but it certainly is starting to look that way.

Which is worse; us barely winning on the road against FBS UMass or the nubs barely winning at home against FCS McNeese?

Texas, Michigan and to a lesser extent OSU all liked like unfiltered dog poo. Oh, and it's too early to say Peterson is another in a long line of BSU washouts, but it certainly is starting to look that way.
I'd say the Nubs because they played at home. We drug our ass across the country. That said, McNeese had quite a few transfers from big programs.

I'd say the Nubs because they played at home. We drug our ass across the country. That said, McNeese had quite a few transfers from big programs.

So did UMass. Plus they've been recruiting to D1. I'm not saying that UMass is a good football team. It isn't. But they had a few players, just like McNeese State. And it's a lot more difficult to make a long travel trip to play on the road than it is to play in your own stadium.

What's drives me the most crazy - UDub barely wins v Hawaii and E Wash, Ore St beats Hawaii by one touchdown, UCLA barely beats UVA and Tulsa (at home), Arizona barely beats UTSA, Texas get trounced at home by almost 30, Neb almost loses at home to an FCS team...yet each of those teams is going to, or would, beat us by 35. It makes me sick. Not to mention all the other "crappy" teams that took their far superior opponents to the wire. CU hasn't taken anyone to the wire (unless we were favored) in f'ing forever!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And while I'm at it, unranked VTech goes into the horseshoe and throttles Ohio State. Damn it!

And that's what's scaring the crap out of me about the Hawaii game. Yeah, you can say those last two close games were on the island. But damn it, Washington and Mannion (OSU).

Hawaii is a good team...mark my words. Don't look at their record this year and last year...look at the scores of all those games.

Hawaii is a good team...mark my words. Don't look at their record this year and last year...look at the scores of all those games.

Hawaiinis a good home team. Terrible road team. They went winless in the MWC, that's terrible.

Last edited:
Hawaiinis a good home team. Terrible road team. They went winless in the MWC, that's terrible.

Last year's UH schedule and results:

8/29/2013 USC Aloha StadiumL 13-30 Box Score Tickets Details
9/7/2013 Oregon State Corvallis, Ore.L 14-33 Box Score Details
9/21/2013 *Nevada Reno, Nev.L 9-31 Box Score Details
9/28/2013 *Fresno State Aloha StadiumL 37-42 Box Score Tickets Details
10/5/2013 *San Jose State Aloha StadiumL 27-37 Box Score Tickets Details
10/12/2013 *UNLV Las Vegas, Nev.L 37-39 Box Score Details
10/26/2013 *Colorado State (Homecoming) Aloha StadiumL 28-35 Box Score Tickets Details
11/2/2013 *Utah State Logan, UtahL 10-47 Box Score Details
11/9/2013 Navy Annapolis, Md.L 28-42 Box Score Details
11/16/2013 *San Diego State (Retro Night) Aloha StadiumL 21-28 OT Box Score Tickets Details
11/23/2013 *Wyoming Laramie, Wyo.L 56-59 Box Score Details
11/30/2013 Army (Military & Senior Night) Aloha StadiumW 49-42 Box Score Tickets Details

note that last year they lost to USC and Oregon State by less than we did. The Ostate game was in Corvallis. We would have likely gotten blown out by Fresno in Boulder and they hung in a close game with them. Yes they are not good by Pac12 standards, but they good by CU standards. They are much, much, much better than UMass. I am not saying we won't beat them and I so desperately want to...but Vegas will give UH -5 for this one.

Last year's UH schedule and results:

8/29/2013USCAloha StadiumL 13-30 Box ScoreTickets Details
9/7/2013Oregon StateCorvallis, Ore.L 14-33 Box Score Details
9/21/2013*NevadaReno, Nev.L 9-31 Box Score Details
9/28/2013*Fresno StateAloha StadiumL 37-42 Box ScoreTickets Details
10/5/2013*San Jose StateAloha StadiumL 27-37 Box ScoreTickets Details
10/12/2013*UNLVLas Vegas, Nev.L 37-39 Box Score Details
10/26/2013*Colorado State (Homecoming)Aloha StadiumL 28-35 Box ScoreTickets Details
11/2/2013*Utah StateLogan, UtahL 10-47 Box Score Details
11/9/2013NavyAnnapolis, Md.L 28-42 Box Score Details
11/16/2013*San Diego State (Retro Night)Aloha StadiumL 21-28 OT Box ScoreTickets Details
11/23/2013*WyomingLaramie, Wyo.L 56-59 Box Score Details
11/30/2013Army (Military & Senior Night)Aloha StadiumW 49-42 Box ScoreTickets Details

note that last year they lost to USC and Oregon State by less than we did. The Ostate game was in Corvallis. We would have likely gotten blown out by Fresno in Boulder and they hung in a close game with them. Yes they are not good by Pac12 standards, but they good by CU standards. They are much, much, much better than UMass. I am not saying we won't beat them and I so desperately want to...but Vegas will give UH -5 for this one.

Lost road games by an average of 16.17 points.

From the box score, they did all their damage in the 4th in what appeared to be garbage time for the Beavs.

They never took mannion or storm woods out...didn't see any major subbing though I am sure there was some. What I saw was a negative yardage kick by Ostate to the Ostate 16 and a fumble on the ensuing UH kickoff...which turned into another TD. UH got confidence and then started moving the ball...too little too late.

They never took mannion or storm woods out...didn't see any major subbing though I am sure there was some. What I saw was a negative yardage kick by Ostate to the Ostate 16 and a fumble on the ensuing UH kickoff...which turned into another TD. UH got confidence and then started moving the ball...too little too late.

They were up 31-7 at halftime, that game was never close

Lost road games by an average of 16.17 points.

Their only really bad losses came at Utah State and Navy. The latter being understandable as that is an 8hour time difference. We lost our road games by average of 27.6 in the Pac12. So far this year they lost to UW by 1 point and Ostate by 8.

Again - all I am saying is that UH is not a bad team.

They were up 31-7 at halftime, that game was never close

So we can say that about others, but when we **** the bed against asu last year we showed resilience in the second half? Wtf

Back