What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - MBB & WBB

Best rivalry in college basketball and it's not even close for 2nd. To me, it's the best rivalry in all of sports. Period. And I feel confident I can defend it.

Last 101 games are 51-50 in Duke's favor with them up by 2 points. That's insane. And both have been elite in the sport for most of that history.

Yea not much argument that it's the best rivalry in college basketball. They showed that stat this morning on Gameday where it was 50-50 and total points were dead even over the past 100 games. Throw in the fact the they're 2 in-state schools who are very different - flagship state school vs. elitist private school and they're a mere 9 miles apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
KU defense is salty. Only gave up 18 in 1H at TCU.

Some potential upsets brewing. Michigan up 6 on Michigan State at the half. Miami within 5 at FSU as the 2nd half starts (whoever decides to play some defense in 2H will win). DePaul up at half at Georgetown, which would knock the Hoyas to the far outside of the bubble. And #18 LSU is whipping #11 Auburn at Auburn (KenPom and Torvik metrics don't like Auburn, so the voters will be quick to drop them down in the polls with losses).
What is it about Auburn that they don't like? I get that they aren't a good 3 point shooting team, normally, today they did alright. 2 bad losses weeks ago and pretty solid since. TIA

What is it about Auburn that they don't like? I get that they aren't a good 3 point shooting team, normally, today they did alright. 2 bad losses weeks ago and pretty solid since. TIA
KenPom and Torvik are really designed as predictive metrics. They look at points scored or given up per 100 possessions and rank teams on that margin. (That's the very basic description of their stats, anyway.) Auburn plays a lot of close games, so they don't have much spread despite their record. I think they're around #35 on both. That's all good and will influence me on my Dance picks. But in terms of AP & Coach's Poll ranks, you've got to go by the results of games and not worry so damn much about metrics or style points.

Utah beat Cal to get to 14-9. Call me crazy, but I think they're on the bubble.

Syracuse held on to beat Wake by 2 at home. They needed that.

Xavier beat Providence. They look like a tourney team to me.

Also, has Gonzaga missed a shot yet in the Saint Mary's game? :eek:

**** Indiana for honoring that asshole.
Sure, let's go with that. It's better than me soul searching by asking myself just how much I'd overlook if a CU hoops coach ever delivered an undefeated national championship season. 😧

Zona has 3 baskets in 16+ minutes in the 2d half. At home. With 3 first round draft picks on the floor. They better fire Sean Miller.

arizona st up 2 on usc with 16 seconds left. Scum devils hadn’t made a FG for ten minutes until Remy Martin threw up some garbage off the glass from 15 feet that rolled all the way around the rim and fell to take the lead.

UCI goes down on the road 64-61.

Don't look now but Wyo is in last place in the Mostly Worthless Conference. The current 2nd place team? The FoCo Chamois'.

arizona st up 2 on usc with 16 seconds left. Scum devils hadn’t made a FG for ten minutes until Remy Martin threw up some garbage off the glass from 15 feet that rolled all the way around the rim and fell to take the lead.

Here’s the Remy Martin shot that ended up being the winner.

Back