What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - MBB & WBB

I’m watching FSU down the stretch. Don’t get me wrong I think the ACC is horrible. But not THAT horrible. They have some players on that team.

What are your cutest dad horses for the tourney? I still think West Virginia. Flawed but I really like then. Teams I’m off? Too many to mention.
It's tough. Very few teams I can see winning six straight games against good-to-great competition playing different styles.

Maybe a team like Seton Hall as a bit of a dark horse. Star scorer on the perimeter, great defense and slump-proof size on the interior.

Nine top 25 teams lose tonight and a couple others came very close, only one of those losses was to another top 25 team.

#19 Illinois at #18 Iowa is on FS1 right now.

I hadn't seen much of either team yet, so I'm excited to see how this one plays out.

I keep hearing that Iowa might have the best offense in the country, but is soft on D. The book on the Illini is that they're over-achieving but have a star in the making with Dosunmu and maybe also with Cockburn.

Not disappointing so far. 28-27 Iowa late in the 1st. Luca Garza is fun to watch for Iowa. Really skilled big who plays with a ton of intensity. I like this Iowa team.

Garza's got the whole Illinois front court in foul trouble. 45-42 Iowa, but starting to feel like they can pull away

Tied at 50 with under 8 minutes. Illinois's bench has been the equalizer today. Outscoring Iowa's bench 22-0.

Iowa went on a big run to close the game. Impressive team.

UCLA is rolling Utah early. Looks like Cronin finally has them playing defense like he wants. They've also figured out to run the offense through Chris Smith. Turning into a good team, at least at home.

Iowa went on a big run to close the game. Impressive team.

UCLA is rolling Utah early. Looks like Cronin finally has them playing defense like he wants. They've also figured out to run the offense through Chris Smith. Turning into a good team, at least at home.

Need them to get good, I guess.

I feel dirty for having suggested it.

Need them to get good, I guess.

I feel dirty for having suggested it.
Top 75 NET by Selection Sunday is what I want. They don't have the talent to be truly good this year. Maybe NIT. But they could be good next year if Smith comes back for his senior year. Nix coming in at PG (#1 PG recruit in the country) and I think they're about to get a commit from Joshua Christopher (#3 SG/ #10 overall) who is another Marcus Smart but bigger. 2 spots left after them, too.

I always get annoyed when the announcers say that a team doesn't need a 3 -- which they say every damn time. Coaches often follow the same bad logic. It's not that I don't mind an easy 2 if there's time to foul and then have a reasonable offensive set on your next possession after fouling. But too often I see teams focused on getting a 2pt shot in that situation instead of running offense with the first option being a shooter getting a look at a 3. That 2 should be when it's there as an easy layup due to an overplay by the defense toward your shooter.

Definitely one of the most overused sports' sayings that at times makes no sense. I rank it up there with hearing people say, "Set it up," because back in the day, offense was slower and often focused inside. So if a quick 3-pointer is missed these fans yell, "they need to slow down and set it up." No... ...3's in rhythm are just fine, and what does "set it up" even mean, except this vague notion by peripheral fans that quick shots = bad. It's as annoying as fans uttering "come on, pick-6" in football, instead of rooting for you know, just a 3rd down stop.

Sorry. *current dark horses lol

I'm going to be stubborn and say my darkhorse is Florida. I've seen very little of them this year, but at the start, they were one of my teams to watch for FF (they were preseason top 5ish or so). Now, sure, they may not even make the tournament, but that makes them fit the darkhorse profile. If they get in, they have talent...apparently just can't play defense.

Tonight might be a good night to check out a WBB game. #3 Oregon is at #4 UConn at 5pm on ESPN2.

Wrong thread, dick.
Not really. There's not a lot on with men's games. UNC with Cole Anthony goes to a probably overrated FSU for our early game. KU-UT is later. Just not a lot to choose from for watching hoops tonight. So a good chance to take a peak at a women's game to see it performed at its highest level.

Not really. There's not a lot on with men's games. UNC with Cole Anthony goes to a probably overrated FSU for our early game. KU-UT is later. Just not a lot to choose from for watching hoops tonight. So a good chance to take a peak at a women's game to see it performed at its highest level.
Take it to the Other Games Thread - WBB thread.

So far, I'm not impressed with FSU. One of those teams that is filled with guys who are better athletes than basketball players. Gamble a lot. They're capable of taking a team out of its game and rolling them. But if a team stays efficient, follows its rules and plays its game then I think the'd be pretty easy to handle for a good team. Wouldn't mind drawing them in our Dance bracket.

I agree with you Nik. Michigan State for the same reason despite that Kobe transfer. They should be better. This weekend will be interesting in the Big East. Seton Hall are at Nova but first they get Georgetown and Nova get a pissed off Butler.

Maybe it ends up less “wide open” than we all think. Maybe the cream rises. I would never take Duke on my brackets it’s so boring but yeah. They could win it in a “wide open” year.

And SDSU. What do we make of them? I’m looking at their schedule and wondering where the slip is that will prevent them from
Being a one. And if they lose but win their conf tourney they still get a one right? So who is they 8-9 that beats them?

And SDSU. What do we make of them? I’m looking at their schedule and wondering where the slip is that will prevent them from
Being a one. And if they lose but win their conf tourney they still get a one right? So who is they 8-9 that beats them?
Lundardi's last bracket had the 8/9s as: Wisconsin, Texas Tech, USC, Ohio State, Arkansas, Michigan, Indiana and St. Mary's. His 7/10s were Wichita St, Florida, Arizona, BYU, Rutgers, Stanford, Houston and Northern Iowa.

I don't think there's such a thing as an easy Rd of 32 game this season. The 1s thru 4s simply aren't dominant enough and don't have the NBA talent to be counted on to steamroll those sorts of teams. Some will, but we'll likely see some upsets too.

I had a 5 team parlay last night with the bonus of Embiid scoring over 22 and it all came down to the 76ers. And they got blown out giving up 137 in regulation. It was a $50 bet for $2300 mind you.

Tonight: Kentucky will handle Miss St after that bad loss to Auburn. Penn State over a hurting Mich St. Portland/Den over 225. Lebron over pts. TTU -9

Their toughest game left looks to be that trip to Boise on 2/16. I don't see somebody like CSU going out there and taking them down. As far as them being a one with a loss-that comes down to what Gonzaga does and what happens with teams on the 2 line. Does it matter though? If they drop a game, Gonzaga takes the west number one, and if that's the case-I'd rather be the west number 2 if I'm SDSU.

My viewing schedule for tonight (if family cooperates):

5pm: #11 Auburn at 16-5 Arkansas. 5 other high-major games to track & check in on if they're close.
6pm: check in at halftime of the above to see #22 Penn State at #16 Michigan State. Tune back in after the earlier games end.
7pm: another halftime check in. Pick the closest of MSU-#15 Kentucky, Xavier-DePaul & OU-TTU to watch to the end.
9pm: Air Force at Nevada. Game sucks, but I'll tune in some time after the fam is asleep and at least have it in the background while I read.

Too many good games on right now. Well, other than the beatdown 10-12 GA Tech is putting on 14-8 VA Tech. 55-25?!?! Seriously?!?!

Back