What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - MBB & WBB

Penn State won at Michigan State.

B1G may get 10-12 teams into the Dance, but it may be that none of them is better than a 5-seed.

Anthony Edwards went off in the first half. UGA up by 15 on UF in Gainesville at the break. Dude's definitely looking like a Top 5 pick.

Florida killed UGA in the 2nd half to get the win.

1 shocker so far: #17 Iowa didn't just lose at 12-10 Purdue, they lost by 36. o_O

Great basketball in the #10 Villanova at #19 Butler game. Nova hit a 3 to tie and then Butler came back and hit one to answer and win on the final possession.

Virginia just beat Clemson 51-44. That had to be painful to watch.

KU defense is salty. Only gave up 18 in 1H at TCU.

Some potential upsets brewing. Michigan up 6 on Michigan State at the half. Miami within 5 at FSU as the 2nd half starts (whoever decides to play some defense in 2H will win). DePaul up at half at Georgetown, which would knock the Hoyas to the far outside of the bubble. And #18 LSU is whipping #11 Auburn at Auburn (KenPom and Torvik metrics don't like Auburn, so the voters will be quick to drop them down in the polls with losses).

LSU & Auburn heading to OT. I don't know if I believe in Auburn, but damn have they been impressive with big comebacks and close games this season.

This game is insane. LSU/Auburn have combined for 31 points in the 5 minute OT. Raining buckets. LSU up by 1 with 9 seconds left. Auburn ball.

A couple bad bubble losses this morning. VA Tech lost in OT at home vs Boston College. SMU lost in OT at Temple.

Michigan took down Sparty :love::love:. That helps Michigan's bubble case a lot, but that's not why I'm smiling.

Georgtown got the win it needed today. Rhode Island made a strong case with a blowout win. TCU's loss to KU isn't bad, but the might have needed it.

A couple bad bubble losses this morning. VA Tech lost in OT at home vs Boston College. SMU lost in OT at Temple.

Michigan took down Sparty :love::love:. That helps Michigan's bubble case a lot, but that's not why I'm smiling.

Georgtown got the win it needed today. Rhode Island made a strong case with a blowout win. TCU's loss to KU isn't bad, but the might have needed it.

Another quality loss for MSU. They should climb a few spots in the rankings.

Another quality loss for MSU. They should climb a few spots in the rankings.
That's the way the B1G reaction has been all season. Losing isn't penalized much but winning rockets a team up.

I recognize that the B1G is very good and very deep this year. But it is also overblown.

Michigan State is 16-8 (8-5) with a 29 point loss at Purdue. Even before the current loss I couldn't understand why every bracketologist and the committee had them slotted as a 4-seed or better for the Dance.

Bobby Knight looks very very old in his return to Assembly Hall

Today is seeing a lot of bubble softening. All week, really.

Tennessee lost at home to Kentucky being the latest.

Got me thinking: maybe Utah gets into that conversation if they beat Cal tonight. If they're 14-9 with wins over Kentucky, BYU, Nevada and Minnesota in the non-conference then that is a very good tournament resume if the committee considers who they've beaten over a few really bad losses they've had.

Getting caught up since I headed to our pre-game before 2pm:

- South Carolina improved its bubble position with a 20pt home win over aTm
- Dayton keeps its streak alive with a tight win over St Louis
- Florida seriously hurt its case by losing by 17 at Ole Miss
- Purdue looking bubbly at 14-10 after winning at Indiana (which hurt its own case today)
- Pitt still in the conversation after a home win vs GA Tech
- Oklahoma with a statement win over #13 West Virginia in Norman
- Seton Hall making a case for a 2 seed by winning at Villanova
- Arkansas resume takes a big hit with a loss at Mizzou
- Northern Iowa beat a pretty good Drake and makes its case to be in the Top 25
- Texas Tech gonna be hard to keep out after its Final Four run. Won at Texas today, which was a very bubbly matchup. Shaka Smart makes twice what Tad does?
- Memphis may be don after losing a home game to a bad USF squad
- Virginia had played its way back to being in good shape but the loss at Louisville makes them very bubbly again (they can't shoot)
- Minnesota is only on the bubble due to the SOS in the B1G. Lost again today at Penn State to fall to 12-10.
- Stanford has more work to do after losing both of its games on the road trip. But just about anyone would lose at CU, so hard to hold that too much against them.
- Alabama won at Georgia. I guess they're still both technically on the bubble, but I think it was an NIT preview.

And I'm caught up.

Getting caught up since I headed to our pre-game before 2pm:

- South Carolina improved its bubble position with a 20pt home win over aTm
- Dayton keeps its streak alive with a tight win over St Louis
- Florida seriously hurt its case by losing by 17 at Ole Miss
- Purdue looking bubbly at 14-10 after winning at Indiana (which hurt its own case today)
- Pitt still in the conversation after a home win vs GA Tech
- Oklahoma with a statement win over #13 West Virginia in Norman
- Seton Hall making a case for a 2 seed by winning at Villanova
- Arkansas resume takes a big hit with a loss at Mizzou
- Northern Iowa beat a pretty good Drake and makes its case to be in the Top 25
- Texas Tech gonna be hard to keep out after its Final Four run. Won at Texas today, which was a very bubbly matchup. Shaka Smart makes twice what Tad does?
- Memphis may be don after losing a home game to a bad USF squad
- Virginia had played its way back to being in good shape but the loss at Louisville makes them very bubbly again (they can't shoot)
- Minnesota is only on the bubble due to the SOS in the B1G. Lost again today at Penn State to fall to 12-10.
- Stanford has more work to do after losing both of its games on the road trip. But just about anyone would lose at CU, so hard to hold that too much against them.
- Alabama won at Georgia. I guess they're still both technically on the bubble, but I think it was an NIT preview.

And I'm caught up.

ACC with 3 teams solidly in but after that there's no guarantees. Cuse, UVA, VT, Pitt, and NC State all squarely on the bubble.

Back