What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Week 5 (12/3 - 12/9)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Big Monday doesn't offer much except a couple interesting Big Ten games following a good Sunday for the Pac-12 that saw Arizona take down UConn, Washington eke out a win against what was a 6-1 UC Santa Barbara and UCLA roll an undefeated Long Beach State.

4:30 #18 Iowa at #10 Michigan State on FS1
6:00 Rutgers (5-2) at #12 Wisconsin on BTN

I’m in Tucson. Utah Valley is giving ‘zona all they can handle. UV is up 5 with 10:49 to play. I fully expect AZ to win, but man.....

Why is Wisconsin rated so high? For that matter, why is Iowa rated so high, and why are Nebraska and Maryland rated at all. B1G getting way too much respect early in the season.

Buffs up to 58 on KenPom.
Wash 50, 'Zona 49, UCLA 48, ASU 45, Ducks 31. Stanford a woeful 97.

What a conference.

Buffs up to 58 on KenPom.
Wash 50, 'Zona 49, UCLA 48, ASU 45, Ducks 31. Stanford a woeful 97.

What a conference.
So what's holding the Buffs back this year? Efficiency ratings are pretty good. Record is good. Is it the lack of high caliber opponents? It seems some teams ahead of us haven't exactly played a murderers row either.

So what's holding the Buffs back this year? Efficiency ratings are pretty good. Record is good. Is it the lack of high caliber opponents? It seems some teams ahead of us haven't exactly played a murderers row either.

Highest KenPom ranked team we've played is my Toreros at 87. Best win is over South Dakota who is at 159. Schedule is Charmin soft at this point. Got to hope for a matchup against TCU in Hawaii, because the other "name" schools in that tournament have lousy ratings right now too, Rhode Island and UNLV are not that good right now.

This is far and away the worst schedule we’ve played maybe ever (ooc, but also overall seeing that the PAC is horrendous this year). And we couldn’t even win out, which is sort of disappointing.

Remember when we used to beat Kansas at the buzzer. Play ranked teams like Iowa St, Oklahoma St, Baylor, Notre Dame, Xavier, and then teams like Auburn, Georgia, Texas.

Maybe it’s a thing of the past. Guess if we make the tournament this year then we’ll keep going for cupcakes, because it’ll work. But we can’t really blame people for not packing the place for Nebraska Omaha et al.

Last edited:
This is far and away the worst schedule we’ve played maybe ever (ooc, but also overall seeing that the PAC is horrendous this year). And we couldn’t even win out, which is sort of disappointing.

Remember when we used to beat Kansas at the buzzer. Play ranked teams like Iowa St, Oklahoma St, Baylor, Notre Dame, Xavier, and then teams like Auburn, Georgia, Texas.

Maybe it’s a thing of the past. Guess if we make the tournament this year then we’ll keep going for cupcakes, because it’ll work. But we can’t really blame people for not packing the place for Nebraska Omaha et al.
Agree...I have been to every game thus far but I have a 45 min one way drive in and it’s been hard to get motivated for some of these games

I want to see the team win. Honestly, I don't care about who they're playing. I watch every game. Never been more pumped to watch a game because it's against a good team. Just my feelings.

terrible, disgusting OOC schedule. for the all the love Rick George gets.....give the hoops fans something. play someone at home? the CEC is a tough venue. always has been.....why should be afraid to schedule a good team.....and then go to their place. home home in recruiting areas....let's play TCU. no one is showing up to see this crap slate of teams you never heard of. surprise.

i used to bitch endlessly on this board and others about how Ricardo and Dick Tharp needed to schedule for the RPI and not padding W's. and i liked Ricardo until the last couple years.

i guess we are back to that. another big one against Stetson or College of the Valley.....?

terrible, disgusting OOC schedule. for the all the love Rick George gets.....give the hoops fans something. play someone at home? the CEC is a tough venue. always has been.....why should be afraid to schedule a good team.....and then go to their place. home home in recruiting areas....let's play TCU. no one is showing up to see this crap slate of teams you never heard of. surprise.

i used to bitch endlessly on this board and others about how Ricardo and Dick Tharp needed to schedule for the RPI and not padding W's. and i liked Ricardo until the last couple years.

i guess we are back to that. another big one against Stetson or College of the Valley.....?
AD doesn't have anything to do with the basketball schedule except for the occasional case when he negotiates a football series and tacks on a basketball series as part of it or needs to get involved in a long-term series contract for hoops like what CU has had with CSU, AFA or WYO.

Last edited:
AD doesn't have anything to do with the basketball schedule except for the occasional case when he negotiates a football series and tacks on a basketball series as part of it or needs to get involved in a long-term series contract for hoops like what CU has had with CSU, AFA or WYO.
FIFY?

While the AD may have a small role in BB scheduling, I believe it is well in his authority to set expectations on the basketball regarding scheduling.

and
FIFY?

While the AD may have a small role in BB scheduling, I believe it is well in his authority to set expectations on the basketball regarding scheduling.

and if he's part of the office that is cashing donor checks......some decent home-home basketball games are not beyond expectation.

and if we want a good coach, we want fans to show up, it's all the AD.

i used to go to games at the CEC where i could hear people talking on the other side the arena.

and

and if he's part of the office that is cashing donor checks......some decent home-home basketball games are not beyond expectation.

and if we want a good coach, we want fans to show up, it's all the AD.

i used to go to games at the CEC where i could hear people talking on the other side the arena.

Ah the good ole days :D

a 3.2 beer, nachos and a GA ticket for 15 bucks. good times. sort of.

when the bathrooms were still chuck fairbanks blue.
I went to the Omaha game this year and got two center court seats 14 rows up through StubHub for less than GA tickets at the gate.... and the beer is better now.

I heard the coach of Nevada say on Tom Tolberts radio show say that he offered a 1 for two to CU and we refused.

BYU is in total control against Utah right now.

43-28 with 16:51 left to play. On an 11-0 run to start the 2nd half, forcing a Utah timeout before getting to the 16 minute tv timeout.

Hall game was great. If they had beaten St Louis they would be sitting pretty right now. Really looking forward to Hall VS St Johns down the road.
Nevada handles Arizona State 72-66 to give Bobby his first loss I believe.

I'm confused about this TAMU/ Boston College postponement thing. Where did BC's plane end up landing on Friday that they couldn't get there by Saturday?? They didn't fly back to Boston did they? This is bizarre.

I'm confused about this TAMU/ Boston College postponement thing. Where did BC's plane end up landing on Friday that they couldn't get there by Saturday?? They didn't fly back to Boston did they? This is bizarre.

From what I read it sounds like BC never left the Boston area and then A&M offered to play the game 2 hours later but BC insisted on moving it to Sunday.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2018/12/08/bc-at-texas-am-basketball-game-cancelled/
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...to-game-due-to-rain-forcing-its-cancellation/

For those bitching about our home schedule, the fact that people don't want to play in Boulder has been covered ad nauseam. Tad tries to get good teams to come here, and they refuse.

There’s got to be a way to get a decent team in to play. We’ve done it in the past.

Last edited:
Obligatory vomit remark on Oregon's floor graphics. I wanted to watch some Bol Bol, but my eyes are already watering.

Obligatory vomit remark on Oregon's floor graphics. I wanted to watch some Bol Bol, but my eyes are already watering.

Just turned it off.

The glowstick uniforms on a floor that most resembles what it would look like if Bigfoot vomited Oregon craft beer make watching painful.

Final straw was the announcers. I understand those are the Ducks home announcers but they must have gone to the tini and gasm school of broadcasting. If they get their noses any further up the Ducks players they will be risking transmission of STDs.

In a game I did not see but judging by the score probably set basketball back by 30 years, Tulsa took out #16 KSU by a score of 47-46. Ugh.

Also, how is it that Wichita State is horrible all of a sudden? 4-4 and lost 48-80 at Oklahoma today. Wow. Not what the AAC was hoping for when they added the Shockers.

Back