What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games - Week 1 - FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
WE HAVE FOOTBALL. Lots of football.

Thursday, August 31
Florida International at Central Florida | 6 p.m. | CBSSN
Presbyterian College at Wake Forest | 6:30 p.m. | ACC Network and Watch ESPN
Austin Peay at Cincinnati | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
Buffalo at Minnesota | 7 p.m. | BTN
Tennessee State at Georgia State | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
Elon at Toledo | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
Rhode Island at Central Michigan | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
RELATED: 7 freshmen who could have a huge impact right away
Holy Cross at Connecticut | 7: 30 p.m. | ESPN 3
North Dakota at Utah | 7:30 p.m. | PAC12
No. 2 Ohio State at Indiana | 8 p.m. | ESPN and Watch ESPN
Florida A&M vs. Arkansas | 8 p.m. | SEC Network and Watch ESPN (War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock, Arkansas)
Louisiana Monroe at Memphis | 9 p.m. | CBSSN
Sacramento State at Idaho | 9 p.m. | ESPN 3
New Mexico State at Arizona State | 10:30 p.m. | PAC12
Friday, September 1
Fordham at Army | 6 p.m. | CBSSN
Charlotte at Eastern Michigan | 6:30 p.m. | ESPN 3
Central Connecticut at Syracuse | 7 p.m. | ACC Network
Navy at Florida Atlantic | 8 p.m. | ESPNU and Watch ESPN
RELATED: 7 comeback players to root for in 2017
Colorado vs. Colorado State | 8 p.m. | PAC12 (Sports Authority Field, Denver, Colorado)
No. 8 Washington at Rutgers | 8 p.m. | FS1
Utah State at No. 9 Wisconsin | 9 p.m. | ESPN and Watch ESPN
Boston College at Northern Illinois | 9:30 p.m. | CBSSN
Saturday, September 2
Kent State at No. 5 Clemson | 12 p.m. | ESPN and Watch ESPN
Ball State at Illinois | 12 p.m. | BTN
Wyoming at Iowa | 12 p.m. | BTN
Bowling Green at Michigan State | 12 p.m. | ESPNU and Watch ESPN
Akron at No. 6 Penn State | 12 p.m. | ABC and Watch ESPN
Maryland at No. 23 Texas | 12 p.m. | FS1
Missouri State at Missouri | 12 p.m. | SEC Network and Watch ESPN
California at North Carolina | 12:20 p.m. | ACC Network and Watch ESPN
MORE: Best schedule posters and wallpapers for 2017 season
Bethune-Cookman at No. 18 Miami | 12:30 p.m. | ACC Network and Watch ESPN
Youngstown State at Pittsburgh | 1 p.m. | ACC Network and Watch ESPN
Portland State at Oregon State | 2 p.m. | PAC12
Virginia Military Institute at Air Force | 2 p.m. | ESPN 3
North Carolina State vs. South Carolina | 3 p.m. | ESPN and Watch ESPN (Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina)
No. 11 Michigan vs. No. 17 Florida | 3:30 pm. | ABC and Watch ESPN (AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas)
Temple at Notre Dame | 3:30 p.m. | NBC
Texas at El Paso at No. 7 Oklahoma | 3:30 p.m. | FOX
Nevada at Northwestern | 3:30 p.m. | BTN
William & Mary at Virginia | 3:30 p.m. | ACC Network and Watch ESPN
Troy at Boise State | 3:45 p.m. | ESPNU and Watch ESPN
Stony Brook at No. 19 South Florida | 4 p.m. | Watch ESPN
Kentucky at Southern Mississippi | 4 p.m. | CBSSN
PREVIEWS: Big Ten | Pac 12 | 50 storylines | Best new uniforms
Charleston Southern at Mississippi State | 4 p.m. | SEC Network
Western Michigan at No. 4 Southern California | 5:15 p.m. | PAC12
North Carolina Central | 6 p.m. | ACC Network and Watch ESPN
James Madison at East Carolina | 6 p.m. | ESPN 3
Appalachian State at No. 15 Georgia | 6:15 p.m. | ESPN
Stephen F. Austin at Southern Methodist | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
MORE: 6 Group of Five teams primed for successful 2017-18 campaigns
Massachusetts at Coastal Carolina | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
Hampton at Ohio | 7 p .m. | ESPN 3
Southeastern Louisiana at Louisiana | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
Houston Baptist at Texas State | 7 p.m. | ESPN 3
Georgia Southern at No. 12 Auburn | 7:30 p.m. | SEC Network and Watch ESPN
South Alabama at Mississippi | 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU and Watch ESPN
No. 16 Louisville vs Purdue | 7:30 p.m. | FOX (Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana)
Arkansas State at Nebraska | 8 p.m. | BTN
Jackson State at Texas Christian University | 8 p.m. | FOX
No. 3 Florida State vs. No. 1 Alabama | 8 p.m. | ABC and Watch ESPN (Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia)
Vanderbilt at Middle Tennessee | 8 p.m. | CBSSN
MORE: 6 non-quarterback transfers who could make big impacts in 2017
Grambling at Tulane | 8 p.m. | ESPN 3
Southern Utah at Oregon | 8:15 p.m. | PAC12
Brigham Young at No. 13 Louisiana State | 9:30 p.m. | ESPN
Montana State at No. 24 Washington State | 10:30 p.m. | FS1
Northern Arizona at Arizona | 11 p.m. | PAC12
Sunday, September 3
Texas A&M at UCLA | 7:30 p.m. | FOX
No. 22 West Virginia vs. No.21 Virginia Tech | 7:30 p.m. | ABC and Watch ESPN (FedEx Field, Hyattsville, Maryland)
Monday, September 4
No. 25 Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech | 8 p.m. | ESPN and Watch ESPN (Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia)

Alabama is going to roll FSU, right?

Also, with the news that former Alabama 4* DT Dee Liner (yes, that's his real name) will play, the Arkansas State/Nebraska line has been rapidly dropping. Some forecasts have it going as low as 10.

Tonight, ESPN is going absolutely insane to kick off the season with the Ohio State @ Indiana game. They call it their "Megacast".

ESPN has the game
ESPNU has what they call the "Homers" telecast with partisan personalities from each side calling it
ESPN News has the coaches corner broadcast
ESPN3 / online content has the skycam view plus real time stats

Crazy.

Alabama is going to roll FSU, right?

Also, with the news that former Alabama 4* DT Dee Liner (yes, that's his real name) will play, the Arkansas State/Nebraska line has been rapidly dropping. Some forecasts have it going as low as 10.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was pretty even. FSU is one of the only teams that recruits like Bama on a consistent basis and has the sheer size to be able to compete.

IMO its going to come down to the QB's.

But how much better in week one against a talented front seven? Trial by fire I suppose.
A lot of improvement probably comes down to Francois being more experienced, recognizing pre-snap reads and getting rid of the ball more quickly. But, yeah, of all the teams to open against.

East coast Bias!
Everyone should note that those times are for the east coast. Do the conversion math for your zone (show your work).

Some interesting games.

The (21)WVU-(22)VTU game should knock one of those two out of the top 25. (25)Tennessee at Georgia Tech could knock UT out. That gives two spots for the Buffs to start their move into and up the rankings.

With all the suspensions for Sparkles team (11)Michigan may mudhole (17)Florida enough to drop them significantly. The situation for the Gators could get ugly before this is all over.

The Pirate always seems to figure out how to lose a game to somebody he shouldn't. Does (24) Washington State lose to FCS Montana State? Wouldn't surprise me and I do think that even if they win Washington State is not a top 25 team.

Hopefully there'll be at least one decent game tonight - closest point spread is 15.5, most are 20s or 30s

did not realize scum devils tonight, interesting.
I will be watching. Not only is my hate for the scum devils only surpassed by that of the Nubs, but NMSU's QB is someone I've been close to for a long time, as I grew up with his Dad, Mom and Uncle (all stud athletes). I am very close to his uncle and Grandparents. Tyler's Dad spent most of Tyler's childhood in prison on drug offenses.
I was always convinced that if the kid had the benefit of the personal QB coaches that so many of those elite 11 guys have, he'd have been P5 out of high school.

He is actually getting some notice from NFL scouts. Kid has some tools. Check it out!

I'll be at the Georgia State game tonight at the old Turner Field, hopefully it doesn't rain

A lot of improvement probably comes down to Francois being more experienced, recognizing pre-snap reads and getting rid of the ball more quickly. But, yeah, of all the teams to open against.
I think that might be the biggest problem I see with qbs these days.

I will be watching. Not only is my hate for the scum devils only surpassed by that of the Nubs, but NMSU's QB is someone I've been close to for a long time, as I grew up with his Dad, Mom and Uncle (all stud athletes). I am very close to his uncle and Grandparents. Tyler's Dad spent most of Tyler's childhood in prison on drug offenses.
I was always convinced that if the kid had the benefit of the personal QB coaches that so many of those elite 11 guys have, he'd have been P5 out of high school.

He is actually getting some notice from NFL scouts. Kid has some tools. Check it out!
I'll be watching and hope he opens a can of woopass

I know it's only FIU, but Troy Walters looks like he's got things rolling as the OC at UCF. Rooting for him to do well. Nothing but class during his time at CU.

Reactions: dio
East coast Bias!
Everyone should note that those times are for the east coast. Do the conversion math for your zone (show your work).

Actually those are central zone times ... I suspect Snow got those from the LSU site?

@Darth Snow ... you might want to note that at the top of your post.

Utah losing 3-0 at home to North Dakota after Q1. They open Q2 at the ND 16, so this might not last for long.

Back