What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/13-10/15

#17 VT loses 31-17 at Cuse. Hokies should drop out as they entered as 21 point favs.

#16 Miami loses to UNC, but UNC was ahead of us in votes received. They'll cancel out, at best

Not a good weekend for the ACC's marquee teams:
Louisville with a lackluster 10 point win at home over Duke
Clemson survives in OT against NCSU
Miami loses at home to UNC
VT loses to a bad Syracuse team
FSU only beats Wake by 11 at home

But in the end it won't matter if Clemson and Louisville keep winning and their respective lackluster wins will be forgotten

Not a good weekend for the ACC's marquee teams:
Louisville with a lackluster 10 point win at home over Duke
Clemson survives in OT against NCSU
Miami loses at home to UNC
VT loses to a bad Syracuse team
FSU only beats Wake by 11 at home

But in the end it won't matter if Clemson and Louisville keep winning and their respective lackluster wins will be forgotten

Definitely a bad week, although I have bought in to Clemson and Louisville being good. I was skeptical of everyone else. It's cause for concern if you're Clemson as it's mid-season and their offense is still sputtering.

Definitely a bad week, although I have bought in to Clemson and Louisville being good. I was skeptical of everyone else. It's cause for concern if you're Clemson as it's mid-season and their offense is still sputtering.

Clemson seemed to be hitting their stride after their first 2 games but then today happened. Killed themselves with red zone turnovers today.

Kizer has really regressed since last year. It's baffling that Kelly hasn't turned to Zaire especially when you consider that he started the season playing both QB's.

Clemson fans rushing the field. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As a Clemson fan who's been following the Buffs this year, I feel it's my duty to let you guys know that our fans rush the field every game, regardless. "The Gathering at the Paw" is a long-standing tradition that happens if we beat Florida State or if we lose to Wake Forest. Granted, the number of people running onto the field differs considering the game, but it's still a tradition that happens every game.

Unfortunately, since it's not a well-known tradition, we're often the subject to national criticism, but please know this is something that happens every week! We did the same thing after beating South Carolina State!

Last edited:
2016 Clemson shows you just how hard it is to win a national championship. They were close last year and the dropoff to this year's team looks stark.

Yea, unfortunately we look much like 2015 Ohio State or 2014 Florida State right now. We're incredibly talented, but terrifyingly unfocused...if we don't use this upcoming bye week to get focused, eventually we will be doomed...I just hope it's not in a public setting. This week, we gave NC State a pick 6, and we turned the ball over 3 times inside their 10 yard line (1 fumble at the 8, 1 fumble at the 1/2 yard line, 1 turnover on downs at the 1/2 yard line)...but we somehow managed a win. IF the Tigers can get their **** together, and play focused football, we can win the national championship, regardless of how well Ohio State or Alabama play...but if we continue the way we did today, we'll be lucky to make it out of this year with less than 2 losses.

Watson threw the ball 50 times today. That strikes me as off.
74% completion though...

Our starting RB was knocked unconscious/concussed on the first drive of the game, which certainly shuffled the offensive strategy when it came to running the football.

R
He shouldn't be throwing 50 times. You need to establish the run more if you're to be a playoff side
Very true, but the second half of my post partially explains why we didn't run the ball so well. Gallman is a Top 10 RB, and was knocked out on the first drive....

...with that said, as I mentioned in my other posts, we turned the ball over 3 times inside NC State's 10 yard line. This was a horrible, puke-worthy game. We deserve all the criticism we get as a result, because wow was it sloppy.

The comforting thing is, if we start playing close to our potential and stop turning the ball over carelessly, no one can defend us.

The Buckeyes escape Mad-town.

I was hoping the Badgers could reassert themselves into the playoff picture tonight.

Sorry for another Clemson-related post but, whatever, Buffs won and Tigers won, so no big deal. I'm not sure i'd say the Tigers' offense is sputtering. I think the best analogy is what I said on another board earlier:

Watching our offense is like a top-level Ferrari racing with flat bald tires. Just listening to the engine itself makes you go "Wow!!! Holy ****, listen to that baby sing!!!!" and then you look up and it’s spinning around in circles and oh my god is the engine on fire? What the **** is happening?! It’s still going like 85 miles an hour but one of the wheels is falling off

Technically, you could call our offense "sputtering" relative to expectations, but in the past 3 weeks we've gone over 500 yards per game against 3 top level S&P+ defenses (#9 BC, #20 NC State, #31 Louisville). Any level of holding onto the football (5 TOs vs Louisville, 4 TOs vs NC State) would have us winning these games handily.

Pretty weak 4th down attempt by Wiscy, at least get the ball in the air.
Agreed...Ohio State is now in the same class of Alabama where they have recruited to such an absurd level that the entertainment of watching them succeed is somehow diminished by how incredibly overwhelming their annual recruiting classes are. Bama and Ohio State are so far ahead of everyone else that it's mind-boggling.

This Clemson guy's okay IMO ... we should keep him. Might come in handy when we're playing Clemson in the NC game next year or so.

This Clemson guy's okay IMO ... we should keep him. Might come in handy when we're playing Clemson in the NC game next year or so.
Glad to be of service! Please take my business card and contact me when needed
flamingmoes9.png

Bruins back in it ... down 24-14 with about 11 minutes to go.

Last edited:
Back