What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/20-10/22

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
So this week we get to watch our Buffs knock the sap out of the Trees beating Stanford to a pulp.

There is also a lot of other college football action to enjoy.

The Thursday night game brings us 4-3 BYU visiting a #14 Boise State team that had a surprisingly difficult time with CSU last week.

Also for our resident ACC fans we get a fading Miami team playing at Va Tech.

Nothing notable on Friday night but Saturday looks like a good one.

There are three games matching top 25 teams, all of which not surprisingly include SEC teams since the voters have decided to ignore records and on field results and attempt to simply rank as much of the SEC as they can.
#6 Texas A&M visits #1 Alabama in a game that could have a lot to do with who goes to the playoff, again Alabama has an opponent that could beat them but probably won't. By the way does A&M miss the B12? I don't think so.

#21 Auburn host #17 Arkansas in a battle of two loss teams, loser should drop but probably won't.

And the how in the ******* are they still ranked bowl #25 and 4-2 LSU which fired it's coach plays 3-3 (yes you read that right) #23 Ole Miss. What do these schools have to do to drop out of the rankings?

For those of us who think Pedo State should have gotten the death penalty it might come this weekend at the hands of #2 Ohio State, Penn State isn't very good, tOSU is and will show it.

Bob Stoops at Oklahoma is trying to keep his job. Blowing up 3-3 Texas Tech would probably help him.

Don't be surprised if 4-2 North Carolina State gives #7 Louisville all they want. Last week NCSU played # 4 Clemson to overtime. This could be another good game.

For those hoping that certain teams lose each week this isn't the best week.
Texas has a good chance going the K-State
Fuskers get a cream puff hosting Purdue
Notre Dame and Baylor each get byes

Closer to home suddenly stumbling AFA host Hawaii hoping to get their season back on track.

CSU travels to UNLV in a battle of 3-4 teams looking to right the ship and get back on track to a bowl. If the sheep lose it will be hard for them to maintain any reasonable hope (but who said sheep fans are reasonable.)

After losing to the previously 1-5 Cal State Davis team on the road Northern Colorado host 1-6 Sacramento State

Small colleges
Colorado Mesa host Adams State
Colorado Mines goes to Dixie State
CSU-Pueblo travels to Black Hills State

Last edited:
Blacksburg has not historically been a kind place to Miami. Both teams need this one. Miami dropping two straight at home to FSU and UNC, and VT getting Carrier Domed (they always struggle up there). Coastal Division is as muddled as the Pac12 South, but a VT win would go a long way to keeping them in good shape and Miami would be essentially out of the running for all practical purposes.

4-2 LSU at #25 is not a stretch- losing close games to good teams. They belong for now.

Florida is way over ranked but I get it with LSU. Ole Miss I don't see why they are top 25 now with record, but they are good and will belong in top 25 by the end of the year

Go Hokies!!!!

VT/Miami on Thursday night in Blacksburg with the division on the line. this is pretty much my vision of how college football should be.

4-2 LSU at #25 is not a stretch- losing close games to good teams. They belong for now.

Florida is way over ranked but I get it with LSU. Ole Miss I don't see why they are top 25 now with record, but they are good and will belong in top 25 by the end of the year

Wins over Jacksonville State, a horrible Mississippi State, a horrible Missouri, and Southern Miss. They're there by conference affiliation only. We'd barely receive any votes with their resume.

You can play this game both ways - CU has wins and losses with:
  • A bad CSU team win
  • An even worse Idaho team win
  • A bad Oregon team that might lose out win
  • A bad OSU team that picked to finish in the cellar of the North and didn't win a conference game last year win
  • Caught an ASU team with a bunch of injuries that wasn't it's usual self win
  • Lost to a reeling USC team that is down from previous years
  • Couldn't hang with a Michigan squad and looked like the Benny Hill show on special teams while being unable to stop a simple fly sweep
Now, is that the narrative I tell myself about the Buffs? Absolutely not.

At the end of the day, if we finish ranked, we will start ranked next year. If and when we lose a game next year, you start with the perception of being a ranked team until it is proven otherwise.

Just win, baby. The rest will take care of itself.

FWIW the Sagarin computer rankings, of course taking into account schedule, has 3-3 Mississipi ranked between 10 and 14, depending on the formula you like (composite and his favorite PREDICTOR are both #10). Sagarin has CU between 22 and 30, with a composite of 25 and PREDICTOR of 22.

Go Hokies!!!!

VT/Miami on Thursday night in Blacksburg with the division on the line. this is pretty much my vision of how college football should be.

UNC still has something to say, despite your fortune of weather in Chapel Hill. Not that you wouldn't have necessarily won, but for UNC's offense those conditions were their worst nightmare. Tricky trip to a Pitt squad hanging around, too. Canes loss tonight would be the end of Miami though, for sure.

Miami TD right before half, but miss XP. 16-9 Hokies heading into lockerrom. Canes fortune to be hanging around within a TD.

A VT win tonight pushes them close to being back in the top 25 (they're around 30). Miami (around 27) may not even get any votes dropping 3 straight.

It's irrelevant if we win at Stanford. We'all be well inside the top 25. Lose and we'll need to win our next 2 to get back into the rankings.

BYU knocking off #14 Boise would be a nice boost for us. Unfortunately BYU isn't very good post-Mendenhall, but Boise has been shaky at times (only beat CSU 28-23 last Saturday and somehow went up in the rankings...)

Remember when we were recruiting Squally (sp) Canada at RB.

Now transferred in and playing for BYU.

Boise leads early 7-0

Back