What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/20-10/22

What happens to Houston now? Arkansas?

Will be nice seeing the Buffs move in

What happens to Houston now? Arkansas?

Will be nice seeing the Buffs move in

Houston surely has to drop all the way out. I know they're way up there at #11, but their last 3 games are losses to Navy, barely beating Tulsa in the final seconds, and now getting destroyed 38-16 by a 2-4 SMU. They're due to fall all the way out, or at a minimum certainly below CU.

Arkansas was #17, but after losing 56-3, they've got to be gone.

#23 Ole Miss will be out too. Now just 3-4 with two straight losses (including one to that Arkansas team that just lost tonight by 53).

We may well jump #24 Navy as well. They had a win over Memphis, but our road win was more impressive.

#20 Western Michigan continues rolling over their MAC schedule with a 45-31 win over Eastern Michigan, but how much is that really worth?

#22 UNC rolled over struggling UVA 35-14. Again, we beat a better opponent, but not sure we'll leapfrog them.

Buffs should be at least #23, if not higher. Not a ton of breaks today, but this was a road win over a Stanford squad that was primed to make their own push in or close to the top 25 had they won today.

As a sidenote, Wazzu is going to be damn close to #25 themselves with their win in Tempe. Utah will climb up a bit to around #16 at least.

Stanford's schedule lightens up now. There's a good chance this win looks even better at the end of the season. Cardinal could conceivably finish 9-3.

Reactions: dio
**** no it isn't football, it's a joke.

And it kills them. Kingsbury at TT: 8-5, 4-8, 7-6 and now 3-4 destined for 6-6.

He could try caring just the tiniest bit about defense and improve those results a bit...

Scoring 59 and 55 twice this year and losing both games. Completely ridiculous. God man, do something to have a semblance of effort on D. Results are going to be pretty predictable when you don't give a **** whatsoever about half of the team.

#20 Western Michigan continues rolling over their MAC schedule with a 45-31 win over Eastern Michigan, but how much is that really worth?

Whoahh, bunky ... hold your damn horses there. Don't be dissin' my undergrad alma mater. I'll have you know that EMU is only one game from bowl eligibility for the first time since ... well, forever. And the only two games they've lost in conference are to WMU today and Toledo, easily the two best teams in the conference, and teams that have already proved they can play and beat P5 teams.

BTW, WMU and Toledo play each other in the last regular season game ... that will be must-see TV.

How pitiful is that? It's flat ridiculous. I'd be embarrassed and very ****ing pissed if I played D for either team. It's a joke do something about it. I heard the numbers and I turned it.

Decent chance Buffs could be matched with OU in the Alamo Bowl. Would be fun to watch.

Book it - CU will have a Pac-12 defensive player of the week. A) there were a few guys with some clutch plays, 2) multiple turnovers that saved the game, d) not a single other team in the Pac-12 even played defense this week.

Whoahh, bunky ... hold your damn horses there. Don't be dissin' my undergrad alma mater. I'll have you know that EMU is only one game from bowl eligibility for the first time since ... well, forever. And the only two games they've lost in conference are to WMU today and Toledo, easily the two best teams in the conference, and teams that have already proved they can play and beat P5 teams.

BTW, WMU and Toledo play each other in the last regular season game ... that will be must-see TV.

I'm not dissing EMU. I'm glad to see them finding success, although they should have kept their original name or found something better than "Eagles" as a replacement.

My point is more about Western Michigan. They're a good team, but at some point our wins such as road victories at Stanford outweigh what they're facing in the MAC week after week. Unfortunately for WMU, their two big power conference opportunities came against Illinois (currently 2-5) and Northwestern (horrendous start, but playing better and up 4-3 on their way to a 6-6 season) Good win, hardly great. For Western Michigan to really rise, they needed a tougher OOC. Shredding a decent Central Michigan side is impressive, but it's just simple common sense that a power conference side tearing off wins over top competition should go ahead of a MAC side feasting on Akron. Western Michigan had 4 OOC games and by having Georgia Southern and North Carolina Central as two of those, they've limited themselves. I know the MAC can field some damn good teams, but I question how much more WMU should rise in the polls. They'll keep creeping up by default as others lose, but I'm not sure they deserve to be ranked ahead of a 6-2 CU team coming off ripping ASU and winning at Stanford. WMU was #20 and CU #26 this past week so they may remain ahead for now, but do they really deserve it? In a way it's a shame, because by having a fairly weak OOC, we may never know just how good WMU actually is. With Houston collapsing, it could have been WMU had their schedule been stronger.

I'm not dissing EMU. I'm glad to see them finding success, although they should have kept their original name or found something better than "Eagles" as a replacement.

You're preaching to the choir, brother .... they'll always be the Hurons to me. But other than that, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl that my two alma maters, both mired in sucktitude for the past decade or so, have risen up from the ashes and are actually beating some pretty decent teams.

One thing that throws a wrench into the voting is that the 2-loss Penn State has to be ranked. I don't think they got any votes last week.

A - depends who you ask. If you're asking me, you only get to call yourself an Aviator if you have a tailhook.
2 - Thanks!!!
Us army folk refer to ourselves as aviators, too. Pretty much, if you leave the ground in it and return in it, you are an aviator.

**** drone wanna be's.

Book it - CU will have a Pac-12 defensive player of the week. A) there were a few guys with some clutch plays, 2) multiple turnovers that saved the game, d) not a single other team in the Pac-12 even played defense this week.

This was prescient.

TT QB Mahomes had 819 total yards himself. And lost.
i watched part of that trainwreck game....bad bad bad football but mahomes made some amazing plays. ou was crap on D for sure.....but mahomes made some plays all by himself that were silly.

a handful of 3rd and 15 type conversions. 3rd and 22....no prob. foolishness.

not at all a fan of the 80's style turf in Lubbock.

Back