What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/27-9/29

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
We are now in the fourth full week of the season. We are supposed to be playing for real now with conference games that matter. A chance to start finding out who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

In that light the number one team in the land, the mighty Crimson Tide of Alabama is testing their strength against the mighty 1-2 Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana, I hope they don't have to over exert themselves.

In real games we do have some quality games this week. Game of the week looks to be Urban Meyers return taking (4) Ohio State into the land of (9) Penn State. In the battle of covering for a wife beater against covering for a serial pedophile a win might be a well placed asteroid.

Saturday we also get (7) Stanford visiting (8) Notre Dame. Not only would a win here by the trees help the status of the PAC12 but Notre Dame is one of those programs that we just want to see lose anyways. So far this season both of these teams have struggled to stay undefeated.

This weeks other games pitting top 25 teams against each other also include PAC teams. (20) BYU goes to (11) Washington. (19) Oregon takes their glow in the dark uniforms to play (24) Cal. Outside of the PAC (14) West Virginia goes to (25) Texas Tech. A solid win by WVU could clear a spot for the Buffs to move up in the standings.

Other than the Bama scrimmage we get a couple of other games that could be significant blow outs. (2) Georgia host the Tennessee Volunteers (in this case volunteering to get blown out. The Baylor Bears (or Bares, how they prefer their lies about their criminal activities) think they are back going 3-1 so far beating mighty Abilene Christian, UTSA, and Kansas. They got beaten soundly by Duke. (6) Oklahoma who rarely hesitates to pile it on might score 70 on them, we can always hope.

Speaking of teams that might give up 70 it won't happen to Nebraska this week but to show how little respect the corn is getting they are getting points in Lincoln against Purdue? Husker boards should be fun next week after Frost again throws somebody else under the bus.

Locally the sheep fans get a break with their team having a bye week. Wyoming host Boise and AFA host Nevada.

In FCS action the 0-4 UNC Bears are likely to fall to 0-5 against a solid North Dakota squad.

Local small colleges give us Colorado Mesa and CSU Pueblo, both at 2-1 in conference trying not to fall further behind 4-0 Mines. Pueblo host South Dakota Mines while Mesa gets their shot in Golden against the Orediggers in what should be a great game.

UNC had a good first drive that ended in a FG. ESPN announcers gush over Miami something fierce. Typical half empty stadium in Miami.

North Carolina just isn't good. Fedora is probably on borrowed time. No idea on his contract details.

Who do we, as a collective, want in the USC v Ariz game? I realize the emotional response is for USC to lose. But I feel like the less uncertainty there is in the standings with fewer tie-breaker scenarios, the better it is CU. I also feel like if Ariz wins, it'll give them confidence that could artificially boost their win total, whereas if they lose, they may just fall back to the bottom of the pack. I think I'm rooting for USC.

Who do we, as a collective, want in the USC v Ariz game? I realize the emotional response is for USC to lose. But I feel like the less uncertainty there is in the standings with fewer tie-breaker scenarios, the better it is CU. I also feel like if Ariz wins, it'll give them confidence that could artificially boost their win total, whereas if they lose, they may just fall back to the bottom of the pack. I think I'm rooting for USC.

Wasn't it a road loss to AZ that got Joey Freshwater canned on the tarmac?

If we want Helton there in 3 weeks, we need to be SC fans.

Luckily for him, as much as SC is an underachieving hot mess, AZ is worse. SC -3 seems an easy bet.

With Arizona, you better contain. I don't give a damn what he's done so far. Make him beat you with his arm. He beats you with his arm and legs, well, we saw how that worked out. Landman, bust him in the mouth early, he'll struggle. Just worry about tonight.

Last edited:
It was ASU, but agree that we should be $C fans. AZ scares me if they can string a few together - I'd like them to be tapped out by the time we make that Fri night trek to Tucson

Not really worried about Arizona right now, and I don't think they're magically fixed because they won in Corvallis. Beat Chipper tonight and let's start talking about bending the forks tomorrow.

Not really worried about Arizona right now, and I don't think they're magically fixed because they won in Corvallis. Beat Chipper tonight and let's start talking about bending the forks tomorrow.
I agree. I was just posing the question (a few comments up), who are we rooting for THIS weekend: Usc v Arizona.

I agree. I was just posing the question (a few comments up), who are we rooting for THIS weekend: Usc v Arizona.

Yeah I know........To give you another answer, I'm gonna go Arizona here. They have UCLA (I'd argue that game might be UCLA's best shot at a win remaining), Cal, Utah, and Oregon still to play between now and the time we make that trip, and I think they'll come out of that stretch no better than 2-2. We've still never beaten USC. They weren't impressive against Wazzu (still on the proverbial edge of the cliff they were going into that game-a loss this week could push them off of it), and I'd still like to have a two game lead on them for the division going in there.

While some of you lucky bastages will watch the game in the cool, crisp fall Boulder evening tonight, I'll be stir frying at Spectrum stadium in Orlando tomorrow for UCF/Pitt. Sunscreen will be the flavor of the day.

Going to be chilly here tonight.
Glad I brought a coat.

Hope it's cold enough to make those LA kids uncomfortable.

With Arizona, you better contain. I don't give a damn what he's done so far. Make him beat you with his arm. He beats you with his arm and legs, well, we saw how that worked out. Landman, bust him in the mouth early, he'll struggle. Just worry about tonight.
What is your take on buff fans taking it one game at a time?

Tulane - Memphis, looks like an epic battle. The Tulane helmets have got to be the most hideous and ridiculous in CFB.

We are now in the fourth full week of the season. We are supposed to be playing for real now with conference games that matter. A chance to start finding out who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

In that light the number one team in the land, the mighty Crimson Tide of Alabama is testing their strength against the mighty 1-2 Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana, I hope they don't have to over exert themselves.

In real games we do have some quality games this week. Game of the week looks to be Urban Meyers return taking (4) Ohio State into the land of (9) Penn State. In the battle of covering for a wife beater against covering for a serial pedophile a win might be a well placed asteroid.

Saturday we also get (7) Stanford visiting (8) Notre Dame. Not only would a win here by the trees help the status of the PAC12 but Notre Dame is one of those programs that we just want to see lose anyways. So far this season both of these teams have struggled to stay undefeated.

This weeks other games pitting top 25 teams against each other also include PAC teams. (20) BYU goes to (11) Washington. (19) Oregon takes their glow in the dark uniforms to play (24) Cal. Outside of the PAC (14) West Virginia goes to (25) Texas Tech. A solid win by WVU could clear a spot for the Buffs to move up in the standings.

Other than the Bama scrimmage we get a couple of other games that could be significant blow outs. (2) Georgia host the Tennessee Volunteers (in this case volunteering to get blown out. The Baylor Bears (or Bares, how they prefer their lies about their criminal activities) think they are back going 3-1 so far beating mighty Abilene Christian, UTSA, and Kansas. They got beaten soundly by Duke. (6) Oklahoma who rarely hesitates to pile it on might score 70 on them, we can always hope.

Speaking of teams that might give up 70 it won't happen to Nebraska this week but to show how little respect the corn is getting they are getting points in Lincoln against Purdue? Husker boards should be fun next week after Frost again throws somebody else under the bus.

Locally the sheep fans get a break with their team having a bye week. Wyoming host Boise and AFA host Nevada.

In FCS action the 0-4 UNC Bears are likely to fall to 0-5 against a solid North Dakota squad.

Local small colleges give us Colorado Mesa and CSU Pueblo, both at 2-1 in conference trying not to fall further behind 4-0 Mines. Pueblo host South Dakota Mines while Mesa gets their shot in Golden against the Orediggers in what should be a great game.

Great work as usual (at least in the football forum :p).

Such a great result tonight.

So many great games tomorrow and I'm going to be in such a good mood while watching them. **** yeah!

This league needs Stanford and Washington to get wins tomorrow in a bad way. I'm pulling for Cal over Oregon for no other reason than we play Cal and don't play the Ducks. And Fusker games have been highlights of the two weeks since I've been back from the glorious win we got there.

Back