What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/7-9/9

Ducks should cover, they are going to put up a lot of points and I don't see Nebraska putting up over 35 on the road.

I still call it UC Berkeley or Cal Berkeley. Much like we call Davis UC Davis or Cal Davis...or UCD

I mostly mentioned it because I have family that went to UNR and they beat me over the head if I call it Nevada-Reno during football season. Lots of acrimony between the two schools and regions.

For sure, I would never call UC Berkeley "California" except for in the context of sports. Even then I tend to say Cal.

If I said California lost to Howard, you would never think I meant UCLA.

I grew up in Sacramento, my grandpa played at Cal. He would either say he played for California or at Berkeley. I still call the law school Boalt Hall, even though they did away with that. Same with King Hall at Davis.

He also invariably referred to them as the Golden Bears, never the Bears. For years I only ever heard CU be called the Golden Buffaloes in the context of the band (bands love long esoteric names for whatever reason.... see the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band). But recently, the "spirit jersey" shirts that the books store sells (and are quite popular) say "Colorado Golden Buffaloes" on the back.

I'm really struggling with the Oregon-Nub game. If Oregon wins this one, the insufferable Duck fan is going to be back in force but I cannot bring myself to root for the bug eaters. Hope for Godzilla to show up?
Having lived here for most of a year now, there are too many similarities between the fan bases - I trust that the subtle differences will become more obvious as time goes by. Nebraska is down, no longer a conference foe, and isn't likely to recover their former prominence any time soon - rooting against the ducks feels like the best bad choice.

No harm in rooting for the missile.
As long as it's a small, accurate one?

Lol just look at these idiots.

Blue hairs out in force supporting the scarlet and cream! Herbie the Husker would be so proud.

B0F_QbmCQAAdimO.jpg

(In Herbie's mind) 1, 2

Last edited:
Back