What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/7-9/9

Scenario: my 10 year old son and I are out to breakfast and college game day is on. They are running through games and I'm asking him who he wants to win.

Me: Buddy, Oklahoma or Ohio State
Son: I don't really like either team, but I guess Oklahoma because Ohio State is ranked higher.
M: Oregon or Nebraska?
S: Oregon. They're Pac-12 and I like their uniforms better.
M: Stanford or USC?
S: Stanford! You know that. Mostly because that's where I'm going to school. But also because USC is ranked higher.
M: #24 Notre Dame or #14 Georgia
S: Georgia.
M: Really? Even though they're ranked higher?
S: (face pursed up like he smelled the worst fart the ever) I don't care who Notre Dame is playing. I never want them to win.

Last edited:
Scenario: my 10 year old son and I are out to breakfast and college game day is on. They are running through games and I'm asking him who he wants to win.

Me: Buddy, Oklahoma or Ohio State
Son: I don't really like either team, but I guess Oklahoma because Ohio State is ranked higher.
M: Oregon or Nebraska?
S: Oregon. They're Pac-12 and I like their uniforms better.
M: Stanford or USC?
S: Stanford! You know that. Mostly because that's where I'm going to school. But also because USC is ranked higher.
M: #24 Notre Dame or #14 Georgia
S: Georgia.
M: Really? Even though their ranked higher?
S: (face pursed up like he smelled the worst fart the ever) I don't care who Notre Dame is playing. I never want them to win.
Stanford? Start saving now!! I may hate 'em in football, but I'd have loved my kids going there. If they'd had a scholarship though.

Stanford? Start saving now!! I may hate 'em in football, but I'd have loved my kids going there. If they'd had a scholarship though.
Amen! I told both of my kids that if they got into one of the big 3 Ivy League (Harvard, Princton, Yale) or Stanford, I would sell my soul to pay for it, no questions asked. But they also better get s scholarship.

Amen! I told both of my kids that if they got into one of the big 3 Ivy League (Harvard, Princton, Yale) or Stanford, I would sell my soul to pay for it, no questions asked. But they also better get s scholarship.
I have no idea what your income is, but if your kid gets into Stanford and your family makes less than $125,000 - tuition is free (and there's a sliding scale after that). Harvard has a similar program (last I heard, their number was around $100k).

Michigan's DL rotation might be better than tOSU's and that's saying something. Just as much depth and it allows them to play more hybrids like they like doing. So much speed on the field.

Gary, Hurst, Winovich is crazy.

"AJ Epenesa was highly recruited and a big win for Iowa."

Uh yeah, he was a 5*, and the #1 SDE in the nation lol. He and Jaelan Phillips already look so damn good.

I mostly mentioned it because I have family that went to UNR and they beat me over the head if I call it Nevada-Reno during football season. Lots of acrimony between the two schools and regions.

For sure, I would never call UC Berkeley "California" except for in the context of sports. Even then I tend to say Cal.

If I said California lost to Howard, you would never think I meant UCLA.

I grew up in Sacramento, my grandpa played at Cal. He would either say he played for California or at Berkeley. I still call the law school Boalt Hall, even though they did away with that. Same with King Hall at Davis.

He also invariably referred to them as the Golden Bears, never the Bears. For years I only ever heard CU be called the Golden Buffaloes in the context of the band (bands love long esoteric names for whatever reason.... see the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band). But recently, the "spirit jersey" shirts that the books store sells (and are quite popular) say "Colorado Golden Buffaloes" on the back.
Hey. My grandpa played for Cal too. Was yours on the team with Roy Riegels?

Last edited:
That Peoples-Jones kid at Michigan is something else. He's one of the better receivers I've seen so far, you can do more than throw to to him as well, get the ball in his hands. True Freshman.

I feel bad for the RB on that last **** play. He blocked 3 different linemen while his qb refused to throw it away, then had to fall on the fumble for a 25 us loss.

I think some people are just born to look like a douchebag and they can't help but talk like a douchebag but deep down they aren't a douchebag. That may be Lane Kiffin. He is a good coach.

I think some people are just born to look like a douchebag and they can't help but talk like a douchebag but deep down they aren't a douchebag. That may be Lane Kiffin. He is a good OC.
Fify

He wears out his welcome very quickly, he also hired that tool Kendal Briles.

I have to go to my father-in-law's wedding in Nov. Small upside is it's in Arizona and it's the week we play ASU, so I should be able to find it on tv.

Simple. If you have a subscription that includes PAC-12 you should be able to get the game. If not, get a VPN (free exist) and put yourself in a colorado region and you'll get the mountain channel.

Back