What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Coaching Carousel

Mora has never recruited in his life. He was a petulant, uncompromising NFL coach who only had success while his message was still fresh and before his personality wore players out. For UCLAs sake, he'd better hire an unbelievable staff. I see him failing in < 2 years.

Mora has never recruited in his life. He was a petulant, uncompromising NFL coach who only had success while his message was still fresh and before his personality wore players out. For UCLAs sake, he'd better hire an unbelievable staff. I see him failing in < 2 years.

Per the UCLA Scout board he is looking at Klemm from SMU and Broussard from the former ASU staff...those two guys would give him two VERY good recruiters, particularly Klemm, who might want to jump ship at SMU after June Jones just pissed off their admin royally by accepting the ASU job before that school screwed him over.

I actually think Mora could be a really good college HC. I don't think his failures in the NFL translate as failures in the NCAA. He has an engaging personality and succes at the NFL level to command respect at a university and with recruits.

Would be funny if he got his dad to be the DC that would be a twist to the cross-town rivalry with USC. Then ASU should hire Brian Schottenhiemer and get his dad, Marty, to be the DC it would be a trifecta of father-son duos in the Pac-12 South. just kidding.

Sounds like Pete Carroll.

BryanDFischer
Bryan Fischer

RT @CBSSports: Former UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel will serve as guest analyst on this week’s INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL (Tuesday at 8 pm ET).
Should be a great platform for his usual post leaving a job snide remarks. Also, Whittingham is out of the ASU search.

Should be a great platform for his usual post leaving a job snide remarks. Also, Whittingham is out of the ASU search.

Pretty sure the extent of Whittingham's interest in the ASU job was how his agent could use it as leverage in his contract extension/pay raise.

Neuhisel is a recruiting machine, too. Lot of good that did him. Honestly, recruiting to UCLA isn't difficult. They don't need recruiters, they need coaches.

Back to Jones? :lol: They're not even gonna get someone hired by the Dead Period. FAIL

Hiring McDaniels would immediately give the Buffs support in the Denver market when we play him :lol:

Might even put some butts into Folsom

Marc Whipple wouldn't be a bad hire for ASU. Good offensive coach in NFL. Has college experience. Develops QBs (Big Ben)

the points per game and yards per game say otherwise.

Miami is always going to have their athletes and thus find ways to score some points. I follow the ACC closely, I have no agenda against Miami, but Whipple's offense was unimaginative and lame and played a role in Shannon going down the ****ter. It's one thing to put up some points on Florida A&M or Duke thanks to getting 4 interceptions, it's another thing to do it consistently. I witnessed his offense manage 19 points on a 4-8 Virginia team last year with only one other FBS win. It's fine if you want to lose sleep over ASU potentially hiring Mark Whipple, but you're wasting your time. They'd have been much better off just keeping Noel Mazzone if they wanted to hire an O.C. If you want to get concerned over any Pac-12 hires, get worried about Rich Rod at Zona. People have been too dismissive of what he's capable of doing there, imo.

Todd Graham taking the ASU job.

http://bit.ly/uuRdLY

4th head coaching job since 2006. One year at Rice, then 4 years at Tulsa with 3 conference titles and went 6-6 with Pitt this season

Whoaa, Todd Graham? There is a name out of left field...what is it with ASU hiring the highly mobile? First Erickson, now Graham...

Back