What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 countdown

So I have to shill for Barry? I remember watching him on two Bob Hope Christmas Specials.....and he has two Superbowl rings. Not to mention he was the holder for feild goals and he threw a pass for a touchdown in a bowl game (Bluebonnet?) Plus, his name is on the ring of fame at Folsum. Is there any further discussion on this or what?

Tyler wears #9.

I'm a big believer in special teams, so Barry Helton will always have my greatest respect. CJ was a great Buff, too. If either of these guys wore a different number, like 23 or something, it wouldn't even be an issue. But Pritch was perhaps the best WR ever to play at CU. He suffered from playing in a running offense, but he was extremely talented.

Tyler wears #9.

I'm a big believer in special teams, so Barry Helton will always have my greatest respect. CJ was a great Buff, too. If either of these guys wore a different number, like 23 or something, it wouldn't even be an issue. But Pritch was perhaps the best WR ever to play at CU. He suffered from playing in a running offense, but he was extremely talented.

This. Theres gonna be a lot of hard ones to pick from with just about every number left now.

So I have to shill for Barry? I remember watching him on two Bob Hope Christmas Specials.....and he has two Superbowl rings. Not to mention he was the holder for feild goals and he threw a pass for a touchdown in a bowl game (Freedom Bowl v. Washington, 1985 - touchdown pass going to none other than Jon Embree http://www.cuatthegame.com/1985/washington-freedom-bowl/) Plus, his name is on the ring of fame at Folsom. Is there any further discussion on this or what?

fify :thumbsup:

Concur. :nod:
Not to mention that, when EB was suspended for the 1990 opener against Tennessee, Mike Pritchard subbed at tailback.
How did Pritchard do? 20 rushes for 217 yards - the best opening day rushing effort in CU history! :thumbsup:

Even after we're officially members of the Pac, can Montana keep swinging by this thread to tell us allesome stuff? I know, I know, I promise to visit "CU at the game" weekly also, but just a little teaser right here on Allbuffs?

Concur. :nod:
Not to mention that, when EB was suspended for the 1990 opener against Tennessee, Mike Pritchard subbed at tailback.
How did Pritchard do? 20 rushes for 217 yards - the best opening day rushing effort in CU history! :thumbsup:

10 ypc is nothing to sneeze. but, says a lot about what kind of athletes we had on the team and Mac's willingness to get the ball to the best players.

A lot of people love to talk about that awesome day against Tennessee. The play I'll remember most from Pritchard was against NU in the rain in Lincoln. CU was facing 3rd and long at around the 50 yard line. It was the fourth quarter. I don't remember the score at the time, but CU was still behind. Hagan rolls out and chucks a ball in the direction of Pritchard. It looked like the ball was going out of bounds. Pritchard went up, caught the ball and somehow managed to get his foot in bounds. First down. It was an amazing play.

A lot of people love to talk about that awesome day against Tennessee. The play I'll remember most from Pritchard was against NU in the rain in Lincoln. CU was facing 3rd and long at around the 50 yard line. It was the fourth quarter. I don't remember the score at the time, but CU was still behind. Hagan rolls out and chucks a ball in the direction of Pritchard. It looked like the ball was going out of bounds. Pritchard went up, caught the ball and somehow managed to get his foot in bounds. First down. It was an amazing play.

That Tennesee game was my first as a CU student. We all watched in the common room at Kitt West. My time in the dorm lasted for roughly three more weeks until I time I released myself on my own recognizance, with the full support of the Kitt West staff.

That was on the go ahead drive

June 23rd - 8 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 8

QB Sal Aunese
WR Ron Brown
QB William Lam
LB Hannibal Navies

That Tennesee game was my first as a CU student. We all watched in the common room at Kitt West. My time in the dorm lasted for roughly three more weeks until I time I released myself on my own recognizance, with the full support of the Kitt West staff.

Holy ****, you were a Kitt West kid to? ****. Buncha weirdo's and assholes lived in KW. :lol:

Holy ****, you were a Kitt West kid to? ****. Buncha weirdo's and assholes lived in KW. :lol:

That's where Rosga and I were for our Freshman year so. . . . depending on your perspective your statement above may have some validity.

That's where Rosga and I were for our Freshman year so. . . . depending on your perspective your statement above may have some validity.

There are always exceptions. They are called pretty girls. Does that fit your description?

P.S. There were a few football players in KW during my time there as well. I always found that odd.

There are always exceptions. They are called pretty girls. Does that fit your description?

P.S. There were a few football players in KW during my time there as well. I always found that odd.

I ran up $350 worth of parking tickets while we were there and, yes, the talent level was good even back in the early "grunge" days.

I ran up $350 worth of parking tickets while we were there and, yes, the talent level was good even back in the early "grunge" days.

Not bad. I have seen MUCH worse. Scholar Athletes get INSANE amounts of tickets at CU. Judging by the situation at UNC, its not limited to here though :lol:.

:stupid: So many people thought there would be a huge drop off going to the Magic Man.

I don't know who those people are. I recall that the biggest concern was Hagan's youth. His talent was unquestioned. I remember an article on him talking about how he can throw the ball both left and right handed.

It's weird to think that the QB for the first two years I was at CU was Marc Hatcher. Followed by one year of Sal Aunese, then two years of Hagan.

Hagan learned a lot from Sal, I don't think Hagan would have been who he was without Sal. Direct qoute from hagan...

"He just said now that i'm sick, it's your team and your chance. That made me just realize that damn, I gotta grow up, I gotta get educated, I gotta learn a system."

Hagan was very raw before the 89 season, a big reason we lost the Freedom bowl was because Mac pulled Aunese and put Hagan in. And FYI, on-field performance or injury was NOT the reason Sal was pulled.

Last edited:
#8 has to go to Sal. Wouldn't matter much who he was up against. The first person who comes to mind when we see #8 on a CU jersey should always be Sal Aunese.

etick_salanuese08_850.jpg

June 24th - 7 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 7

QB John Hessler
QB Cody Hawkins
QB Ken Johnson
LB Jashon Sykes
SS Bruce Young

And as much as I like Jashon, I'm rolling with Hessler here. Great Buff and overall great person.

Back