What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 countdown

http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/football/2010_Info_Guide/all_time_numbers_pg355-356.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600

14 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

Football greats to wear 14:

Bernie Bustler, OG
Mike L. Davis, SS
Koy Detmer, QB
Eric Harris, CB
Craig Keenan, QB
Joel Klatt, QB

Today's school covered by CUBuffs.com:

oregon-logo.jpg

oregon-football.jpg

oregon-campus.jpg

I feel obligated to give Klatt a little love. I am friends with his sister. I still would pick Koy though.

Detmer.

I was at his first game in the Metrodome in '92. What an awesome comeback that was.

Trivia Question: Kordell was hurt for this game and Detmer replaced Kordell's backup. Can you name the 2nd string QB for this game ?

Detmer.

I was at his first game in the Metrodome in '92. What an awesome comeback that was.

Trivia Question: Kordell was hurt for this game and Detmer replaced Kordell's backup. Can you name the 2nd string QB for this game ?

Throwing out a guess of Vance Joseph?

Detmer.

I could have told you that without looking up.

14 goes to Detmer, but Klatt was a very good buff who was underappreciated IMO. He did a lot of good for us during some rough times off the field.

I could have told you that without looking up.

14 goes to Detmer, but Klatt was a very good buff who was underappreciated IMO. He did a lot of good for us during some rough times off the field.

Klatt was a stand-up guy. I think his experience in dealing with the media when we were going through all that crap really helped him launch his broadcasting career.

I want to go to bat for Klatt here:

I don't think the offensive skill players that Klatt worked with were quite as talented as the offensive skill players that Detmer played with.

How many Big 8 titles did Koy lead CU to and how many division/conference titles did Klatt lead CU to?

My question is how effective would Koy be if he was lined up with Klatt's offensive skill players and given how Klatt was sucessful under those trying circumstances, would Klatt have gotten us the Big 8 titles that Koy didn't get us?

Both were very good QBs but I think I'd choose Klatt over Koy in that case.

I want to go to bat for Klatt here:

I don't think the offensive skill players that Klatt worked with were quite as talented as the offensive skill players that Detmer played with.

How many Big 8 titles did Koy lead CU to and how many division/conference titles did Klatt lead CU to?

My question is how effective would Koy be if he was lined up with Klatt's offensive skill players and given how Klatt was sucessful under those trying circumstances, would Klatt have gotten us the Big 8 titles that Koy didn't get us?

Both were very good QBs but I think I'd choose Klatt over Koy in that case.

To be fair, Detmer was going up against one of the best college football dynasties ever in the 90's huskers, and a up and coming KSU team. While Klatt played in a terrible Big 12 North.

Both were good though!

To be fair, Detmer was going up against one of the best college football dynasties ever in the 90's huskers, and a up and coming KSU team. While Klatt played in a terrible Big 12 North.

Both were good though!

I can agree with you on that. It's safe to say that Klatt really did exceed expectations of him when he walked on at CU. :thumbsup:

JMHO but there simply is no way that Klatt was as good of a football player as Detmer. Klatt certainly outperformed expectations and he was a winner, a field general, competitor and a tried and true Buff. But so was Detmer.

AND Detmer had physical skills Klatt could only dream of. Detmer was a play-maker; Klatt won games by being a manager, staying within his game and limiting mistakes. Against Nebraska - that devastating loss in a devastating string of losses - in his senior season Klatt was a sitting duck. I can't remember how many sacks he took - and he was certainly not alone to blame - but the memory is forever etched in my mind: he simply lacked the mobility to do anything about it.

Detmer, on the other hand, simply made plays in unbelievable situations that helped his team win huge games.

This is a comparison between apples and oranges.

Back