What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 expansion is now inevitable

The Big 12 doesn't give a rats ass about LGBT issues. It's the farthest thing from their mind in all this.

UT doesn't care. OU doesn't care... None of them care. They care about making money. That letter went into the circular file.
You could definitely be right and they are just using it as an excuse to they can add Cincy and Houston instead, which is who Texas (houston) and Oklahoma (Cincy) want.

Since BYU's policy on homosexuality is under fire as a potential Big 12 addition, I decided to post Baylor's policy which is pretty much the same as BYU's. LINK

Statement on Human Sexuality

Baylor University welcomes all students into a safe and supportive environment in which to discuss and learn about a variety of issues, including those of human sexuality. The University affirms the biblical understanding of sexuality as a gift from God. Christian churches across the ages and around the world have affirmed purity in singleness and fidelity in marriage between a man and a woman as the biblical norm. Temptations to deviate from this norm include both heterosexual sex outside of marriage and homosexual behavior. It is thus expected that Baylor students will not participate in advocacy groups which promote understandings of sexuality that are contrary to biblical teaching.

To think that both of these schools can't understand why the Pac would never consider either of them. Or, if they hear that this is a problem that causes a blackball, they cry religious persecution. Which it is not. As a religious institution, they are free to hold these beliefs and students who enroll there are well aware of the policy. So that's their business. It's also the business of Pac schools that they don't want to associate and align with these views by accepting this in a conference member. For this reason, there's very little chance that a school with a strong religious affiliation ever becomes part of the Pac.

While explicitly in opposition to BYU becoming a Big 12 member, there's also an obvious implicit condemnation of **** bailer!:

On another note, people didn't seem to be worried about the revenue gap but Minnesota building a $160 million athletes village is why we should be very very concerned. You are talking about one of the teams in the lower tier of the Big-10 building a brand new stadium, brand new operations facilities, and now a brand new athletes village right next to the practice fields within 5 years. There is absolutely no way Colorado can keep up with that.

On another note, people didn't seem to be worried about the revenue gap but Minnesota building a $160 million athletes village is why we should be very very concerned. You are talking about one of the teams in the lower tier of the Big-10 building a brand new stadium, brand new operations facilities, and now a brand new athletes village right next to the practice fields within 5 years. There is absolutely no way Colorado can keep up with that.
Ding, Ding, Ding.

This is why Pac 12 expansion is ultimately inevitable.

We already have a village. Its called Newton Court Married Housing. Just gotta find somewhere else for those folks to live...

Better to just accept that the Pac-12 will be a second class P5 conference. That is a better outcome IMO.

To clarify, is this a place for athletes to live as upperclassmen, or just a fancy dorm complex? I was on the track team at Arizona, and briefly at CU before an injury. The "athlete" dorms were nice but no way in heck would most college athletes want to stay there past freshman year...kids gotta party

To clarify, is this a place for athletes to live as upperclassmen, or just a fancy dorm complex? I was on the track team at Arizona, and briefly at CU before an injury. The "athlete" dorms were nice but no way in heck would most college athletes want to stay there past freshman year...kids gotta party
I don't really know. I think they can probably stay there after their freshman year but I remember going by the one at OU a couple years back and the people we were with just said that it was where all the athletes stayed.

Better to just accept that the Pac-12 will be a second class P5 conference. That is a better outcome IMO.

The Pac12 is probably geographically the largest conference in the country with the lowest population density. The B1G and SEC are more likely the opposite of that statement on both counts. So, I think your probably right.

The Pac12 is probably geographically the largest conference in the country with the lowest population density. The B1G and SEC are more likely the opposite of that statement on both counts. So, I think your probably right.
The Pac-12 also doesn't share any markets with any other conferences while all four other conferences do.

I'm pretty sure the 160 million encompasses the athletes village, new operations and practice facility for both football and basketball.

Honestly Duff, what's your solution? What schools are we going to bring in? You like to whine a lot about this, but I can't for the life of me ever remember you coming up with a plan for what to do about it. I hear "We have to expand", but never who we are going to expand with or why those schools would be interested in joining the PAC 12.

The athletes village does not appear to include housing FWIW. We already have all the facilities they are including in there project. Just not located in one area.

Back