What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Day 7/24

When did they ever say this?
I can't find a link to the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was said they were looking for a strategic partner to invest in the "NewCo Holding Company", that said investor will receive a 10% stake in, and help navigate the new media deal environment. Maybe I'm misinterpreting that, but I have never seen them seeking an equity partner as strictly a cash infusion, but more aligning with the "strategic partner" line they have continued to use.

Move it around. So many big cities and good stadiums to put it in-other than Levis.
I disagree a bit here. I like that Vegas is a true neutral site that is very easy for fans to get to from within the conference footprint. It could turn into a destination weekend trip for a lot of people, regardless of who is playing in the game. It could easily become an "event", and if that happens it heightens the conference prestige and exposure.

Also, that timeslot is much more palatable in LV next to the strip than it is in SF. Rush Hour is not as big of an issue IMO.
Local time is the only reason I think the conference should try Phoenix one year. Could start the game at 6:30 local time and 5:30 on the west coast.

This makes going to a P12 champ game SO MUCH EASIER. and cheaper. and way more fun. I would now consider going to the game as just one part of a vegas weekend.

Easy trip for pretty much every fanbase aside from Wazzu.

This is so awesome! I could make this an annual event.

Its only a two year deal, so hopefully Scott doesn't screw this up.

Vegas makes too much sense as the permanent location.

Of all the cities in the western US it is far and away the most prepared to host an event of this type. It has the easiest air access (and is in driving range for a lot of schools.) Booking hotel rooms on short notice is not a problem, weather at that time of year is almost idea, the city doesn't lack for entertainment options making a trip to the CCG more appealing for couples or even families.

It is popular with the media as a destination and popular as well with the corporate types that the conference wants to work on selling during the event.

As mentioned earlier the city doesn't have the traffic issues of a lot of other cities meaning that scheduled starting times don't create issues with getting to the stadium.

Vegas makes too much sense as the permanent location.

Of all the cities in the western US it is far and away the most prepared to host an event of this type. It has the easiest air access (and is in driving range for a lot of schools.) Booking hotel rooms on short notice is not a problem, weather at that time of year is almost idea, the city doesn't lack for entertainment options making a trip to the CCG more appealing for couples or even families.

It is popular with the media as a destination and popular as well with the corporate types that the conference wants to work on selling during the event.

As mentioned earlier the city doesn't have the traffic issues of a lot of other cities meaning that scheduled starting times don't create issues with getting to the stadium.
Also doesn't hurt that there are 13 million people in the LA metro and another 5 million in the Phoenix metro who can decide on a whim to drive to Vegas and go to the game.

I like the move to Vegas.

Now let's just get back to the ****ing conference championship game soon, please.

Clearly I'm in the minority since I cannot think of a worse ****hole town then Vegas.
It isn't about Las Vegas itself. It is really about the access it provides. Cheap, non-stop flights from pretty much the entire footprint. Cheap, diverse, and plentiful lodging options. Proximity of lodging to the event center.

Ya Vegas has its scummy/dirty aspects. It also is the entertainment capital of the country, with options covering just about any interest someone may have. It also has some of the best and most diverse food options you can find in any one place.

For a weekend, I am not sure how Vegas wouldn't be a top destination for a HUGE majority of football fans.

Back