What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Day 7/24

I definitely see your point. It's by far the most tacky city in America. The whole city is built to indulge the worst of American impulses.

On the other hand, the whole city is built to indulge the worst of American impulses!

I hate kitsch. I normally try to avoid places where the tattooed, mullet-ed, spandex-clad congregate. However, I love turning that off for one weekend every other year and going to Vegas.

Vegas is a solid, no brainer move. Cheap flights, everything in one place, lots of hotels. You have to make an excuse to go to San Francisco, you don’t to go to Vegas, it’s Vegas.

PAC-12 is thinking about having games at 9/10am PT. Could happen as early as this season.

I mean, that is primetime east coast which helps exposure, but damn would that suck for tailgating...

It sucks for tailgating. Student sections would be really weak too. Is the average college student going to wake up at 7:30am or 8am to get to the game on time? I doubt it.

It sucks for tailgating. Students sections would be really weak too. Is the average college student going to wake up at 7:30am or 8am to get to the game on time? I doubt it.
They don't need to attract the average college student. Need to find a few thousand.

I actually think the early start time will work fine for attendance. Great start time for families.

They don't need to attract the average college student. Need to find a few thousand.

I actually think the early start time will work fine for attendance. Great start time for families.
I don't know, if you make it early enough, it can just be a rollover from the previous night for students and also serve families. Just give out Gatorade and Pedialyte in troughs for the student section

What? It would be terrible for attendance. I guarantee if games start that early they will have terrible attendance across the board overall.

It's a joke of a proposal. It effectively eliminates tailgating and student sections, two of the things that make college football great.

What? It would be terrible for attendance. I guarantee if games start that early they will have terrible attendance across the board overall.

It's a joke of a proposal. It effectively eliminates tailgating and student sections, two of the things that make college football great.
Article says that morning start times have been done in the Central and Mountain time zones with mixed results. That strongly suggests that there's a blueprint for doing it right and getting a good result. https://247sports.com/college/colorado/Article/Pac-12-Larry-Scott-kickoff-times-133894847/

I can’t possibly imagine they would have a PT program playing at 9am local time. I think 10am is a possibility, but it would have to be a non-marquee matchup

If you want to go watch a game with a bunch of old people (35 year olds I guess) then go too an NFL game. College students and student sections are what make college football so great and the main reason I like going to those game a hell of a lot more than NFL games.

If you want to go watch a game with a bunch of old people (35 year olds I guess) then go too an NFL game. College students and student sections are what make college football so great and the main reason I like going to those game a hell of a lot more than NFL games.

Students don’t show up to CU games so therefore the Buffs must be an NFL team.

**** Larry Scott. This idea sucks and you’re pushing the boundaries of 35 if you are in support of this at all.

Yeah, let’s relegate the PAC to freshman or JV level status before the SEC main attraction starts up.

9/10am? Yikes. That would ****ing suck and I’m in my 30’s. I would have to wake up at like 5-6am to get ready to leave and drive to Boulder.

The earliest a home game would start at CU would be 10am, games don't start before that in MDT. I don't like the idea and not sure I understand having 1-2 games a year in an early slot. Is that all of a sudden going to make people realize how amazing football is in the pac 12? If you are going to do that, then you would need to make a showcase of 1-2 games a week in that time slot. 1-2 games a year is just stupid

Wilner floated this in June. Hopefully it will be his plan.

4 game weeks a year with one early start game from the Pac-12 (including 1 home non-conference game) -- that takes care of the tv volume increase.

Then, to protect the fans & teams -- No one hosts one of these early ones more than once every 3 years. No one is forced to play more than one of these as a road conference game in a season.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podca...his-idea-to-play/id1245866571?i=1000441210668

h/t to rward on 247 for posting about this last month.

PAC 12 after dark
PAC 12 before noon
PAC 12 on Sling

I’m having flashbacks from the 1AM Hawaii cluster.

No one said being a fan of a Pac12 outpost program would be easy.

Back