What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

Looks like a nice place, wouldn't say the seats are on top of the court however. Facade of the building is pretty sick, and inside looks purty good

Looked better on the outside flooded with Buff fans in September 2010 before our HaLk-humiliation.

Hope our NorCal Buffs can infiltrate the place and give the Buffs some support. I'm sure they will. Cal averaged a little over 7k at home games last year (very close to what we did) and the place seats a little below 12k, so seats should be easy to obtain for Buff fans fortunate enough to be able to attend.

The P12 has had it just about all this year, from guys getting kicked off teams (UCLA, ASU) to teams looking for practice players in the student body (utah). Now, we have football players joining the basketball team. Freshman UW tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins has joined the basketball team, Austin averaged 19pts and 8rbds as a SR. This isn't necessarily new territory for UW, Nate Robinson played hoops and fball at UW.

The P12 has had it just about all this year, from guys getting kicked off teams (UCLA, ASU) to teams looking for practice players in the student body (utah). Now, we have football players joining the basketball team. Freshman UW tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins has joined the basketball team, Austin averaged 19pts and 8rbds as a SR. This isn't necessarily new territory for UW, Nate Robinson played hoops and fball at UW.

Attention Zach Banner and Arik Armstead....

As bad as the Pac is, I think the next couple of months in Pac basketball could be very interesting to watch. There is not one dominant team in the league.

Attention Zach Banner and Arik Armstead....

As bad as the Pac is, I think the next couple of months in Pac basketball could be very interesting to watch. There is not one dominant team in the league.

Well, so far, actually, there has been one dominant team. :smile2:. Here is a hint: their closest league game was an 11 pt win.

Which AllBuffer is this?

Pete in Los Angeles writes: I think you're dead on when you write that the Pac-12 is completely up for grabs. But as someone that has watched almost every Colorado basketball game this year, for better and worse, I wanted to tell you what I'm seeing. This team I'm watching now is completely different from the team I saw early in the year. Early in the year they were lost, the offense was stagnant and they seemed confused as they learned how to play with each other. It's understandable considering CU lost four of it's five starters from last year (two players now playing in the NBA). They have three freshmen logging significant minutes and three other rotation players playing their first season for Boyle after transferring. With so much turnaround it just took some time.

Now this team is jelling. Carlon Brown has taken the leadership role, Andre Roberson continues to prove he's one of the best rebounders in the nation, Spencer Dinwiddie and Aski Booker (their two freshmen guards) are playing with a ton of confidence, and Boyle has got them all playing swarming defense. I know it's easy to look at their play earlier on and dismiss them, but watch them play. They're really good, and that Washington win was no fluke.

Brennan: This email came in before Monday, when I ranked Colorado No. 3 in the Pac-12 power rankings. I will retain my doubts on whether the Buffaloes are "really good" -- that's just way too strong a term right now. Improved? Sure. Really good? Let's give it a week or two and see where Colorado is at that point. The Pac-12 is just too weird to get too excited about a 3-0 team that hasn't played a conference game on the road yet. If the Buffs go to Cal (Thursday) or Stanford (Saturday) and come away with a road split, I'll be more inclined to believe. (Or, if you prefer, #Buffalieve. You're welcome, Colorado hoops fans. OK, let's just move on.)

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/44101/bag-on-uconn-cronin-and-colorado

you know it wasn't because because it wasn't peppered with insults and contained no spelling mistakes

"They're really good when compared to the Utes, and that Washington win was no fluke."

FIFrandomBuffFan

I'd take good enough for a 3rd to 5th seed in the Pac12 tourney. Hoping they can find the way to split the next two and earn a second thought for some national Buffalievers.

Tante in Denver writes: Hey numnuts Brennan a ****ing miracle happened and you were write for the first time when yo said the PAC-12 is up for grabs. They are going to grabs my nuts (rolls on the floor laughing). I watch Colorado b-ball and this team is way better now then earlier in the year, we bent Utah over and blew it all over Washington face, so why don't you have uz as the number 1 team? Look at the standings bitch, I'm pretty sure they say Colorado iz number 1. I'm sure you are too big of a pussy to responded.

Well, so far, actually, there has been one dominant team. :smile2:. Here is a hint: their closest league game was an 11 pt win.

Are you referring to CU by chance? With zero wins against Top 25 teams and zero conference road wins?

When I say dominant, I mean dominant. CU is playing very well right now. If they win out over the next month without a loss, they could probably be considered dominant.

But right now I do not see a single dominant team in the Pac. It is wide open with no less than half of the teams having a realistic shot at the conference title...

:smile2:

RTC Power Rankings:

3. Colorado, 11-4 (3-0): Buffalo fans couldn’t have asked for a better week. Thursday night they got a statement win over Washington, an 18-point victory which saw five Buffaloes score in double figures. On Saturday they solidified their spot atop the Pac-12 standings with a 71-60 win against Washington State. Up Next: 1.12 @ California

Are you referring to CU by chance? With zero wins against Top 25 teams and zero conference road wins?

When I say dominant, I mean dominant. CU is playing very well right now. If they win out over the next month without a loss, they could probably be considered dominant.

But right now I do not see a single dominant team in the Pac. It is wide open with no less than half of the teams having a realistic shot at the conference title...

:smile2:
I'm talking about in Conference play. Don't be a bad loser :smile2:. You guys got yours in the Football season :lol:

I'm talking about in Conference play. Don't be a bad loser :smile2:. You guys got yours in the Football season :lol:

Bad loser? Not sure where you're coming up with that, but whatever.

CU is certainly #1 in the Pac right now, and when you don't lose conference games that's where your team will stay.

That said, I still do not see a single dominant team in the Pac. None.

And yes, I'll be pulling for the 'Buffs tomorrow:thumbsup:

CU is certainly #1 in the Pac right now, and when you don't lose conference games that's where your team will stay.

Bad loser was pretty obvious joke referring to you talking down the Buffs after they curb stomped UW.

only undefeated team = dominant.

only undefeated team = dominant.

I was watching the Cal vs Oregon game the other night and during the half time report, Marques Johnson talked about CU and how we were in first place w/ 5 cali/LA players(as he's from the LA area too). and how did these LA players ever get out of the state and that clearly, UCLA and USC could have benefitted...then after that blurb he went off on "have you heard about the colorado kid named "Sabatino Chen"....w/ tape of his spin moves.... go figure...GO BUFFS

Back