What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

Wow you guys absolutely dominated Utah so congratulations on owning your new rival in the 2 most important sports!

Arizona handled ASU rather easily
Cal destroyed UCLA
Stanford/USC and WSU/OSU are close games with time left
Then Oregon gets to see if its for real tonight when they play UW.

I wonder if any teams will rest their starters against Utah.

Wow you guys absolutely dominated Utah so congratulations on owning your new rival in the 2 most important sports!

Poor Utes. Nice folks. Underachievers.

After Udub gets done with the duckies, they head to Boulder.
Check back and let us know how to beat them.

UCLA falls 0-2 with the loss at Cal. The real question at this point is whether UCLA is going to even make the NIT. It looks like these guys have zero fight left in them, falling to 7-7 (0-2). As expected, Cal is off to a nice start in league play at 12-3 (2-0).

Arizona killed ASU in Tucson. No surprise there, at 4-9 (0-1) ASU has cemented themselves as the 11th team in the Pac. Should be one hell of a pillowfight when the Devils and Utes face each other.

Stanford held off USC at home, but Stanford looks like ****. Their 12-2 (2-0) record is misleading. USC falls to 5-10 (0-2), ouch. They're the clear 10th team in the Pac.

Wazzu was able to hold off Oregon State at home. Wazzu really needed this one after losing to Oregon a few days ago. Cougs are 9-5 (1-1), it's an absolute "must" that CU beats these guys in Boulder in a few days. Oregon State falls to 10-4 (0-2) - despite being improved, the Beavs will be lucky to win 8 or 9 games in the Pac

Washington up 39-28 on Oregon in Seattle

Arizona killed ASU in Tucson. No surprise there, at 4-9 (0-1) ASU has cemented themselves as the 11th team in the Pac. Should be one hell of a pillowfight when the Devils and Utes face each other.

I wonder how much leeway Sendek has in Tempe. After three 20-win seasons they went 12-19 last year and are pretty terrible this year.

Guess what? Pac 12 b-ball officials suck as much as their football officials ... and what's worse, more than Big 12 b-ball officials. :wow:

If you're not watching the UO-UW game, #5 of UO threw a blatant elbow to the face of a UW player ... two UW players confronted him VERBALLY but did not retaliate physically. The refs looked at the video ... which clearly showed a blatant foul that should have gotten #5 ejected ... instead they assessed a DOUBLE TECHNICAL against both teams. In other words, CU should be prepared to absorb blatant thrown elbows without recourse or relief from the officials ... at least when playing against Oregon.

I'm beginning to hate the Ducks and everything they and Phil Knight represent. :sad2:

Washington ended up beating Oregon 76-60 in Seattle. Huskies move to 8-5 (2-0). Ducks fall to 10-4 (1-1).

Heading into Boulder, Washington has only played two true road games all season, and lost both of them: @ Saint Louis -L- 77-64
@ Nevada -L- 76-73 (OT)

Washington ended up beating Oregon 76-60 in Seattle. Huskies move to 8-5 (2-0). Ducks fall to 10-4 (1-1).

Heading into Boulder, Washington has only played two true road games all season, and lost both of them: @ Saint Louis -L- 77-64
@ Nevada -L- 76-73 (OT)

Washington has not won a road game all year. Also lost to Duke and Marquette in NY. I would be surprised if the Huskies don't come out playing hard this week looking for their first road win... Should be a good game. UW against OSU and UO seemed to play better defense and seemed to have more chemistry than earlier in the year. We'll see if they can be consistent moving forward.

Washington has not won a road game all year. Also lost to Duke and Marquette in NY. I would be surprised if the Huskies don't come out playing hard this week looking for their first road win... Should be a good game. UW against OSU and UO seemed to play better defense and seemed to have more chemistry than earlier in the year. We'll see if they can be consistent moving forward.

UW has looked a lot better the last couple of games, to be fair their road games to date haven't been cupcakes. Saint Louis appears to be legitimately good, Nevada appears to be better then CU at this point and a 2 pt loss to Marquette is nothing to be ashamed of. Granted they haven't won any of their "tough" games and that loss to South D ST at home is inexcusable you have to figure UW will come out ready to play.

I do wish that CU would have caught UW on Saturday rather than Thursday.

UW has looked a lot better the last couple of games, to be fair their road games to date haven't been cupcakes. Saint Louis appears to be legitimately good, Nevada appears to be better then CU at this point and a 2 pt loss to Marquette is nothing to be ashamed of. Granted they haven't won any of their "tough" games and that loss to South D ST at home is inexcusable you have to figure UW will come out ready to play.

I do wish that CU would have caught UW on Saturday rather than Thursday.

On the flipside, the Huskies could also practically be 6-7 right now as they nearly lost to UCSB and struggled to put away Florida Atlantic.

They definitely looked better against the Beavs and Ducks these last two games, but we're lucky to be getting UW in early January instead of six weeks from now when they may have finally figured everything out. Unfortunately for the Huskies they have already done a ton of damage to their resume. With the state of the Pac-12 this year, they probably need something like a 14-4 record to even be remotely considered for an at-large bid (even that would only put them at 20-9 heading into the conference tournament).

On the flipside, the Huskies could also practically be 6-7 right now as they nearly lost to UCSB and struggled to put away Florida Atlantic.

They definitely looked better against the Beavs and Ducks these last two games, but we're lucky to be getting UW in early January instead of six weeks from now when they may have finally figured everything out. Unfortunately for the Huskies they have already done a ton of damage to their resume. With the state of the Pac-12 this year, they probably need something like a 14-4 record to even be remotely considered for an at-large bid (even that would only put them at 20-9 heading into the conference tournament).

To be fair UCSB is probably a tourney team. They're good.

The resume is damaged but the season sets up well. Glad to get CU on Thursday and not Saturday. We only play Stanford and Cal once this year, in Seattle. Anything less than a 14-4 conference record would be disappointing. The Huskies probably need to win the pac regular season or the tourney to go this year...

Looking forward to the game Thursday...

hoopspeak (part of espn now) had a pretty interesting article today on the P12 and their "new years resolutions" to get better.

While I don't completely agree with what they say about CU, they do have a point. Booker needs to have better shot selection and be more efficient on offense.

7. Colorado, 9-4 (1-0)Let’s get the ball out of Askia Booker’s hands.
Booker is averaging 21.5 minutes per game on the season, but in those minutes he hasn’t been shy chucking the ball up. Booker is only shooting 41.5% from the field and only 42.1% on his two-pointers. His ORating is a mere 98.6. And yet, the ball just keeps finding Booker’s hands as the freshman leads the team in percentage of possessions used at 24.3%.

Booker's numbers are skewed by a couple real bad shooting nights. He's also had to adjust to the fact that he's unlikely to be able to finish at the rim at this level, even against weaker competition.

But the thing I love about Ski is that he doesn't have a conscience. The last thing we need to do is take that away. He'll learn the difference between a good and bad shot.

Let’s get the ball out of Askia Booker’s hands.
I also don't agree. Booker has brought a very important element to this team. More than the stats show. He is also improving. Lets allow the ball to keep finding Booker.
I hope opposing teams are reading these stats as well so Booker can surprise some of them.

I also don't agree. Booker has brought a very important element to this team. More than the stats show. He is also improving. Lets allow the ball to keep finding Booker.
I hope opposing teams are reading these stats as well so Booker can surprise some of them.
If not ski's hands, whose? Not like we got offensive options.

Booker's numbers are skewed by a couple real bad shooting nights. He's also had to adjust to the fact that he's unlikely to be able to finish at the rim at this level, even against weaker competition.

But the thing I love about Ski is that he doesn't have a conscience. The last thing we need to do is take that away. He'll learn the difference between a good and bad shot.

Yep, ski needs to learn the floater a la tony parker, that could make him dangerous finishing those drives.

If not ski's hands, whose? Not like we got offensive options.

Bingo. Some of Ski's "bad shots" are because we had no other options on the floor at the time and he had to force it. I'm not worried about Ski at all.

Also I think he had his best shooting game against Utah, he was lighting it up from distance in the second half. Shooters keep shootin'

Conf play fully underway tonight:

Stanford @ Oregon - Stanford squeaked by both USC and UCLA, I don't see them winning in Eugene tonight

ASU @ USC - if you want to watch Sh**Y basketball, watch this game! USC should win this one at home

Wash St @ Utah - very well document how terrible Utah is, WSU by all accounts is about the caliber of CU, WSU is only favored by 11 in vegas, I don't care that this game is @ Utah, that spread is 4/5 pts not enough

Zona @ UCLA - preseason this would have been a marquee game, UCLA is still trying to figure it out and Zona is getting closer - UCLA is favored by 1.5 that spread is on the wrong side.

CAL @ Oregon St - This weekend could be Oregon St's season, after losing to UW and WSU last weekend they can't afford 2 losses at home. I don't see them winning either of their games this weekend, looks like an 0-4 start for the beavers

and of course WU @ CU - tough matchup for the buffs, how do they handle UW's size and athleticism?

Last edited:
Conf play fully underway tonight:

Stanford @ Oregon - Stanford squeaked by both USC and UCLA, I don't see them winning in Eugene tonight

ASU @ USC - if you want to watch Sh**Y basketball, watch this game! USC should win this one at home

Wash St @ Utah - very well document how terrible Utah is, WSU by all accounts is about the caliber of CU, WSU is only favored by 11 in vegas, I don't care that this game is @ Utah, that spread is 4/5 pts not enough

Zona @ UCLA - preseason this would have been a marquee game, UCLA is still trying to figure it out and Zona is getting closer - UCLA is favored by 1.5 that spread is on the wrong side.

CAL @ Oregon St - This weekend could be Oregon St's season, after losing to UW and WSU last weekend they can't afford 2 losses at home. I don't see them winning either of their games this weekend, looks like an 0-4 start for the beavers

and of course WU @ CU - tough matchup for the buffs, how do they handle UW's size and athleticism?

Must-wins for UCLA and Oregon State.

Bruins lose tonight and they fall to 7-8 (0-3).

Same thing for the Beavs - a loss, and their promising start has turned into a 0-3 conference record with a road game at Arizona looming..

At this point, I think we ought to be able to look at games against USC and ASU as wins - both at home and on the road. Add to that the game at Utah, and we're nearly guaranteed 6 conference wins. Win 6 of the remaining 12 games (not out of the question, IMO), and we're looking at a 20-win season before we even go to the Pac 12 tournament. Win 1-2 games there, and we should be an NIT team for sure. Win tonight, and I think we're in fantastic shape for the rest of the conference schedule. Tonight is a big, big game.

At this point, I think we ought to be able to look at games against USC and ASU as wins - both at home and on the road. Add to that the game at Utah, and we're nearly guaranteed 6 conference wins. Win 6 of the remaining 12 games (not out of the question, IMO), and we're looking at a 20-win season before we even go to the Pac 12 tournament. Win 1-2 games there, and we should be an NIT team for sure. Win tonight, and I think we're in fantastic shape for the rest of the conference schedule. Tonight is a big, big game.

While I feel incredibly good about our odds in those 6 games, I'm not counting the USC & ASU games on the road until I see us put a consistent effort on the floor away from the Keg. I saw Texas Southern give us a scare. I feel confident about nothing*.

* - other than Utah. Because WOW.

Utah has taken Washington St into overtime. One minute left Utah leads by 1. 59-58.

I am not sure after last nights game if I know more or if I am more confused. Utah wins? UCLA wins against zona? ASU missing 3 starters wins on the road at USC? CU blows out UW? The other 2 games seem a little more plausible, Oregon St getting it together against CAL and Oregon winning at home against Stanford.

I know last night was only 1 game and a game at home against a team that hasn't won on the road but there is a lot of parity in the P12, CU is going to lose a game or 2 they shouldn't, but after last nights performance there doesn't seem to be a reason why CU can't be in the top half of this conference.

Back