What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

Pac-12 Standings

TEAMCONFOVERALL
Washington8-215-7
California7-317-6
Oregon7-316-6
Colorado7-315-7
Stanford6-416-6
Arizona6-415-8
UCLA5-512-10
Oregon State4-614-8
Washington State4-612-10
Arizona State3-77-15
Utah2-85-17
USC1-96-17

Washington faces USC at home, so that's a gimme, but then they have to visit the Oregon schools. They'd be in the driver's seat and likely not looking back if they get the sweep in Oregon next week.

Obviously we've got it in our own hands to take care of Oregon and knock the Ducks back. Then Oregon has to face Washington and visit the Bay Area. As I've said many times, I expect we'll see the Ducks fall back down the stretch here.

Cal has ASU, @USC and @UCLA coming up. Bruins should beat Cal in LA.

Arizona and Stanford face off in Palo Alto on Saturday. That's going to be another great game. The loser of that game is basically eliminated from having a shot at winning the Pac, and both teams know it. As we (unfortunately) experienced firsthand, Stanford can be extremely effective in the post when they're executing. They're going to attempt to do the exact same thing to this small/athletic Zona team that they did to us.

This has been a really fun ride for the Buffs in this rebuilding year, and it's about to get even better. Should be an awesome atmosphere for the game on Saturday. Let's take care of business and kick some ass down the stretch! Go Buffs!!
Great post. Will promote to article.

Arizona gets a huge win at Stanford today, so they completed the sweep in the Bay Area. Cats move to 7-4 in the Pac and keep themselves alive in the race, Stanford drops to 6-5. Going to be a huge game for the Buffs in Tucson on Thursday.

Still. You don't do that as a coach. I have tons of respect for Gutierrez. That guy is one hell of a player and from what I've seen (granted, I missed the episode tonight), plays the way I'd hope all our players would play. He's talented but scrappy and I like it.

You might want to check out what happened before you declare the coach wrong and Gutierrez right, then. Gutierrez flew off the court into the UA bench after a loose ball (nothing wrong with that). Landed next to/across the UA assistant, whose flailing arm and leg made contact with Gutierrez (given the situation, if any of it was intentional it was a hell of an athletic move by the coach, and still didn't amount to more than a swipe). Gutierrez then went nuts, got in the face of the UA bench, incited a bench clearing situation, the game came to a stop for several minutes to calm him down. You may admire that reaction, most of us some to consider it hot headed douchbaggery deserving of at least a technical, if not an ejection.

In November how many of us would have predicted that at this point in this season CU would be in the thick of the conference title hunt? Sure the conference sucks. Still... Go Buffs!

IMO, Arizona is the team to beat in the Pac12- just beat Stanford on the road.

UNLV #15 losing to Wyoming in 2nd.

Beavers bounced back and won big in Salt Lake today. Beavs move to 15-8 (5-6). They look like they might be NIT bound, which would be a huge step forward for that program.

UCLA gets a narrow win in Pullman. Bruins move to 13-10 (6-5), Cougs drop to 12-11 (4-7).

As expected, Cal killed hapless ASU in Berkeley, so Cal moves to 18-6 (8-3). Devils fall to 7-16 (3-8). Sendek is fealing the heat.

As mentioned earlier, Arizona got a huge win in Palo Alto that keeps them alive and well in the Pac12 race. The 'Cats are still very much on the outside looking in at 16-8 (7-4), but they're now within reasonable striking distance. Stanford falls to 16-7 (6-5), and this loss today realistically ended their hopes of winning the Pac.

CU needs to win tonight.:thumbsup: Kill the dux:nod:

As for UW, I'm pretty nervous. U$C has taken 3 of the last 4 in Seattle and seems to have UW's number. Doesn't matter if they are putrid this year. Wilcox is still recovering from a stress fracture and Wroten's status is still unknown (thigh injury against UCLA)... It's definitely T.Ross time if we hope to win tonight.

As bad as this conference is, the parity is making for a heckuva February:nod:

Cal, UW, CU and Arizona still all have a very good shot at the title going into the second half of conference play...

Udub now killi' $c. On a side note, Andre getting a lot of love from the announcers, calling him one of the best in the conference and the west. Part of a super-sophomore class in the 12PAC.

[h=4]Pac-12 Standings[/h]
TEAMCONFOVERALL
Washington9-216-7
California8-318-6
Colorado8-316-7
Oregon7-416-7
Arizona7-416-8
Stanford6-516-7
UCLA6-513-10
Oregon State5-615-8
Washington State4-712-11
Arizona State3-87-16
Utah2-95-18
USC1-106-18

Take a step back and soak in those standings, Buff fans. It's February now, and our Buffs are in the thick of it to potentially win the Pac12 in year 1!!

First and foremost, this was just an absolutely crucial win for the Buffs tonight. This win tonight has brought possibilities of things no Buff fans have dared to imagine. These upcoming 3 road games are obviously huge.

Conversely, this is a rough loss for Oregon but not the end of the world. They fall to 16-7 (7-4), but they now return back to Eugene to play Wazzu and Washington. Win those two, and UO is still big in the picture.

Washington took care of business over hapless USC tonight, so the Huskies remain in 1st in the Pac at 9-2. The Huskies trip to Oregon next week should be interesting. However, if the Huskies can sweep the Beavs and Ducks, they will be in the drivers seat

Cal killed hapless ASU, so the Bears are even on 8-3 with the Buffs in 2nd place. They have a tricky trip to UCLA looming next week, however, and it's important to us that the Bruins win that one for us.

The team to watch right now is Arizona. They got the sweep in the Bay Area last weekend, which has saved their season. Left for dead at 5-4 last week, those wins at Cal and Stanford now have the 'Cats within striking distance. Needless to say, CU's game down there on Thursday will be intense.

[h=4]Pac-12 Standings[/h]
TEAMCONFOVERALL
Washington9-216-7
California8-318-6
Colorado8-316-7
Oregon7-416-7
Arizona7-416-8
Stanford6-516-7
UCLA6-513-10
Oregon State5-615-8
Washington State4-712-11
Arizona State3-87-16
Utah2-95-18
USC1-106-18

Take a step back and soak in those standings, Buff fans. It's February now, and our Buffs are in the thick of it to potentially win the Pac12 in year 1!!

First and foremost, this was just an absolutely crucial win for the Buffs tonight. This win tonight has brought possibilities of things no Buff fans have dared to imagine. These upcoming 3 road games are obviously huge.

Conversely, this is a rough loss for Oregon but not the end of the world. They fall to 16-7 (7-4), but they now return back to Eugene to play Wazzu and Washington. Win those two, and UO is still big in the picture.

Washington took care of business over hapless USC tonight, so the Huskies remain in 1st in the Pac at 9-2. The Huskies trip to Oregon next week should be interesting. However, if the Huskies can sweep the Beavs and Ducks, they will be in the drivers seat

Cal killed hapless ASU, so the Bears are even on 8-3 with the Buffs in 2nd place. They have a tricky trip to UCLA looming next week, however, and it's important to us that the Bruins win that one for us.

The team to watch right now is Arizona. They got the sweep in the Bay Area last weekend, which has saved their season. Left for dead at 5-4 last week, those wins at Cal and Stanford now have the 'Cats within striking distance. Needless to say, CU's game down there on Thursday will be intense.

Great update, thanks. Hey you, PAC 12. The assholes are here, and we came for your booze, women, and basketball title.

From ESPN http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/notebookweeklywatch1209/week-9

5. Colorado could win the Pac-12. The thought may have sounded crazy entering the season, but at 8-3, the Buffaloes and Cal are just one game behind league leader Washington (9-2) in the league standings. Colorado and Washington each play five of their final seven games on the road. The Buffaloes, though, get the toughest two teams remaining on their schedule (Cal and Stanford) at home. Colorado touts one of the nation's top rebounders in Andre Roberson, who averages 11.2 boards per game. Guard Carlon Brown, who began his career at Utah, leads the Buffaloes in scoring with 12.9 points per game.

In November how many of us would have predicted that at this point in this season CU would be in the thick of the conference title hunt? Sure the conference sucks. Still... Go Buffs!

I did. I knew this conference was there for the taking.

I didn't. I thot we could be middle-of-the-pack and vying for an NIT berth, to be honest. My expectations were kinda low -- 18-19 wins, .500 conference, and hope for a first round home game in the nit.

I didn't. I thot we could be middle-of-the-pack and vying for an NIT berth, to be honest. My expectations were kinda low -- 18-19 wins, .500 conference, and hope for a first round home game in the nit.
Makes no sense. We are probably going to end up there, and that was a best case scenario (maybe 20, but anyone who was guaranteeing or expecting 20 was drinking serious koolaid - Even nik was just hoping for 16)

Very, very, very few. A few months ago on this board, people who dared to suggest CU could finish 6th or 7th in the Pac were being called crazy and unrealistic

Very, very, very few. A few months ago on this board, people who dared to suggest CU could finish 6th or 7th in the Pac were being called crazy and unrealistic

At the risk of opening myself to even more ridicule, we have officially passed the number of wins that I predicted for this season. We have a good chance of tying the number of wins that Nik predicted for the season this week as well. And I think it's safe to say that we've exceeded TZISKIN, Rumblin & Zach's expectations as well.

Roundtable Day 3

Makes no sense. We are probably going to end up there, and that was a best case scenario (maybe 20, but anyone who was guaranteeing or expecting 20 was drinking serious koolaid - Even nik was just hoping for 16)
Sure it does -- I didn't expect us to be in the hunt for first place at this point. Thinking about the conference before the season began, I figured that udub, 'zona, and fucla would be duking it out for 1st, with everyone else fighting the mediocre bug.

At the risk of opening myself to even more ridicule, we have officially passed the number of wins that I predicted for this season. We have a good chance of tying the number of wins that Nik predicted for the season this week as well. And I think it's safe to say that we've exceeded TZISKIN, Rumblin & Zach's expectations as well.

Roundtable Day 3

We have 5 of 7 games coming up away. Our two home games are Cal and Stanford. We are not exactly walking into a great schedule these next few weeks.

We have 5 of 7 games coming up away. Our two home games are Cal and Stanford. We are not exactly walking into a great schedule these next few weeks.

Agreed, but if we don't win the ASU and Utah games, something went SERIOUSLY wrong.

Agreed, but if we don't win the ASU and Utah games, something went SERIOUSLY wrong.
I always go back to last year. Lost to Nebraska and Iowa St down the stretch. Dreadful. I am not getting my hopes up.

We *should* go 5-2 in the last seven games. That would be enough for a top 2 or 3 finish in the regular season. If we can steal one at UA or UO we'll win the whole damn thing. We're that close. Think about that for a second.

Jeez what were they calling me? I said we'd be anywhere between 1 and 3 lol

I always go back to last year. Lost to Nebraska and Iowa St down the stretch. Dreadful. I am not getting my hopes up.

We actually finished pretty strong down the stretch last year. CU won in Lubbock, beat Texas, lost a close one in Ames, soundly beat Nebraska, got revenge on ISU in the BigXII tournament to go 2-1 against them for the season, beat KSU in the BigXII tournament to go 3-0 against them for the season, and then played KU extremely tough in the semifinals.

What really killed us was dropping a couple winnables on the road in January. That OT loss at home to aTm really hurt too. That and Dan Beebe being a worthless piece of ****ing ****.

Nice that Washington lost tonight. Must admit I saw that one coming. It would have been bad news to have the Huskies get to 10-2 since we fell to 8-4 tonight. Need to put this one behind us and take care of business in Tempe. We've got a chance to go on a nice little winning streak here.

Meanwhile, Cal has to visit UCLA on Saturday. Obviously want the Bruins to win that one and drop Cal to 4 losses. Oregon has Wazzu but then has to go on the road for 3 straight games including the Bay Area trip.

ASU beat Utah 57-52 tonight. Sun Devils are 8-16 (4-8) heading into Saturday.

I think Mike Evans entered into a new age of stupidity this morning. He said that the Pac12 will easily place five teams in the Dance.

Back