What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

I've just accepted that CU won't get any respect from anyone until we show consistent success and continue to beat the top teams.

We really lucked out not having to play UDub/WSU away this year

You could also say that we got screwed by not getting to play UCLA & USC at home. USC would have been an easy win, and a home win against UCLA would have kept them from having the 1-0 record against us this year.

I think CU ending up in a cluster**** of a tie for second with a bunch of teams is most likely. Too early to say how that would affect our seeding, because it's too much of a mystery who will end up in first.

1. Results of head to head
2. Each team's record vs the team occupying the highest position in the final regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains and advantage. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective teams as a group (prior to that group's own tie-breaking fixture), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
3. Won-lost % against all Division I opponents
4. Coin toss by Commissioner or designee.

The guys doing the UW/OSU game today were talking about CU in 5th due to CU's overall record being half a game worse than UA, and a game worse than Oregon. It's obviously way too early to start figuring out all the tie-breakers, so they just based it off that for the hell of it.

This upcoming week is going to be good for us. We'll be sitting in even better shape seven days from now

Well I don't expect anyone having to worry about including Oregon in the tie-breaking scenario. Oregon's upcoming schedule does not exactly set up well for a top 4 finish in the Pac-12 based on how Oregon performed against the teams. The two most winnable games are Utah and Stanford, but playing at Cal, at OS are pretty much guaranteed loses based on what happened for this years matchups. The game that makes or breaks Oregon's chances of a top 4 seed in the Pac-12 tournament is Colorado, but unless Olu Ashalou learns how to play well at home it will be an easy win for Colorado.

Well I don't expect anyone having to worry about including Oregon in the tie-breaking scenario. Oregon's upcoming schedule does not exactly set up well for a top 4 finish in the Pac-12 based on how Oregon performed against the teams. The two most winnable games are Utah and Stanford, but playing at Cal, at OS are pretty much guaranteed loses based on what happened for this years matchups. The game that makes or breaks Oregon's chances of a top 4 seed in the Pac-12 tournament is Colorado, but unless Olu Ashalou learns how to play well at home it will be an easy win for Colorado.

I guess it is just up to the refs then.

Judging by the calls Oregon is getting at home I think Oregon need to pay the refs more.

Big game tomorrow canard. My prediction?

shootduck.jpg

:nod:

UCLA gets a 64-54 victory over USC tonight. Bruins now 15-11 (8-6), Trojans fall to 6-21 (1-13).

UCLA will be a team to keep an eye on in the Pac-12 tournament. They'll be either the 6th or 7th seed, and while they've been a major disappointment this season, we saw first hand what they're capable of. You never know when they might get hot. Also, assuming they don't win the Pac12 Tournament, I'd expect to see them in the NIT - even if their final record wouldn't normally be deserving of it - simply because of their name.

What a brutal year for USC. I know they've been hit by the injury bug, but if they finish 6-26 (1-17), you've got to wonder if Kevin O'Neill isn't in danger of getting the boot. I expect he'll get another year given that this is only his third season and they made the NCAA Tournament just last year (even if they didn't deserve to weasel in over CU), but to be this noncompetitive in such a down year for the Pac has got to be of concern to USC's dozen or so basketball fans

Arizona up 40-39 at the half in Pullman. Come on Wazzu, help us out! Go Cougs!!

OSU @ Stanford, Oregon @ Cal and ASU @ Washington tonight as well

Arizona escapes Pullman with a 76-72 victory. Dammit, we could have gotten a big break there had the Cougs pulled it off. Arizona moves to 19-8 (10-4), with a big game against Washington in Seattle coming up on Saturday

Cal leads Oregon in the 1st half

Stanford and Oregon State are going back and forth right now

Cal was able to squeak out an 86-83 win against Oregon. I think this is probably the better outcome for us, considering we get Cal at home and have to travel to Eugene (and we want our upcoming victory over Cal to look as impressive as possible). Cal moves to 21-6 (11-3), Oregon drops to 18-8 (9-5) all alone in 5th for the time being. Now, all of a sudden Oregon has to win at Stanford (Stanford beat Oregon St tonight to get to 8-6) on Saturday or they could fall as low as 7th.

Well good game Liverflukes... I expected Cal to win big, but to my surprise Oregon outplayed Cal right up until the last 5 minutes. That is the 3rd or 4th crucial game where Oregon has had the lead and come apart in the final 5 minutes which is why Oregon still needs a lot of work before they can talk about winning the Pac-12.

liverflukes needs to shut the **** up and realize that some of us don't masturbate to bear pictures.

Glad I briefly appeased you Vader. Now, back to my schtick with a new and improved formula.

*sniffle*

Last edited:
Just looking at Pac-12 contender RPI W/L breakdown. These resumes are all strikingly similar. Facing the RPI 100, CU's 4-7 record is identical to Arizona's, Washington is 2-8, Oregon is 2-7. Georgia is around 100th in the RPI, last week they got up to 95th, but this week they've fallen a few spots below 100th. We really need the 'Dawgs to end the season inside the top 100 to give us another 'decent' win to count. Most importantly, however, we have to beat Cal. Arizona's win over Cal did wonders for their chances of getting in, and Oregon's loss to Cal all but ended their hopes. An RPI top 50 win (Cal is currently 31st) would put us on an equal playing field with Arizona in terms of quality wins, and give us a leg up on Washington

Colorado:
1-50 (0-3), 51-100 (4-4), 101-150 (2-1), 151-200 (2-0), 200+ (7-0)

Cal: 1-50 (0-3), 51-100 (6-1), 101-150 (5-1), 151-200 (3-1), 200+ (7-0)

Arizona: 1-50 (1-4), 51-100 (3-3), 101-150 (5-1), 151-200 (3-0), 200+ (7-0)

Washington: 1-50 (0-4), 51-100 (2-4), 101-150 (6-0), 151-200 (2-0), 200+ (8-0)

Oregon: 1-50 (0-5), 51-100 (2-2), 101-150 (3-1), 151-200 (4-0), 200+ (9-0)

Back