What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

OSU up 34-32 @ Cal at the half.

Just in case anyone's interested. :huh:

[h=4]Pac-12 Standings[/h]
TEAMCONFOVERALL
California12-322-6
Washington12-319-8
Colorado10-418-8
Arizona10-519-9
Oregon9-518-8
Stanford8-618-8
UCLA8-615-12
Washington State6-914-13
Oregon State5-1015-12
Arizona State4-118-19
Utah2-125-21
USC1-136-21

Late February, and we're alone in 3rd just one game out of first place. Take a second and enjoy it.

Remaining games for the other contenders:

Cal: @ Utah, @ Colorado, @ Stanford
Washington: @ Washington State, @ Southern California, @ UCLA
Arizona: Southern California, UCLA, Arizona State
Oregon: @ Stanford, @ Oregon State, Colorado, Utah

Pac-12 leaders Cal and Washington both have to close the season with 3 road games each, you've got to like that. Obviously we plan on making life hell for Cal, and their trip to Palo Alto will be a dogfight as well. Washington is going to face tough tests in Pullman (Wazzu always gets up to face the Huskies) and UCLA. Arizona's schedule shows why it's better that UW beat them today -- three home games and zero likely losses to close the season. I expect Oregon to either lose in Palo Alto tomorrow, or else in Corvallis in the game after that and thus not really be in the picture as we go down the final stretch.

Oh, I think I see what you mean. That they'll get a bid if they win out. I was thinking that they would have an automatic bid if they win out, which might be the only way any Pac-12 should feel safe these days...

I agree that the only team that will feel safe is the one that wins the tourney to get the auto-bid.

I also think that any regular season conference champion or co-champion will go. I don't think the selection committee has the cajones to keep a BCS conference champion out of the dance. It could happen but I don't think it's ever happened before. I think the regular season champ and tourney champ will be guaranteed spots essentially...

If Cal or UW win out they are guaranteed at least a share of the regular season conference title. But I really doubt that UW will win @ WSU and @ UCLA. I think they drop at least one, as they've proven to be a very youthful team that fails to show up for some games (see Oregon).... Assuming a UW loss, if CU wins out they would earn, at a minimum, a share of the conference title. And I think any team with a share of the regular season conference title has a great shot at the Dance.

Let's say UW and CU win out.... Then CU is at least tied with Cal for 2nd place in the Pac. I have to believe that all year everyone assumed Cal is getting the auto-bid for the Pac and would win the conference. If CU tied Cal in the conference that would open some eyes to CU. Especially if CU ended up in the conference tourney title game... at a minimum it would put CU on the bubble watch list, and could make it hard to keep them out. If there is a 3 way tie for 1st then I think that any of those teams that tied, if they make the conference tourney title game, would be in. I don't know if that would be the case if they flame out in game one.

The only way I personally see any of those 3 teams not getting in if they win out (conference season before the tourney) would be to flame out in the first tourney game... I'm not a guru so I can't say for sure but that's how I see it going down.

My guess is that we'll have CU, Cal, UW & UA as the top 4 seeds (in some order). Then, it will go by the chalk for these teams to the semis until UA pulls a couple upsets and wins it.

If that happens, UA, Cal and UW will make the tourney and CU will get left out.

Not sure whats up with pac 12 offenses this weekend but Stanford leads Oregon 17-12 with 7:29 left in the half. Oregon shooting 29%

Not sure whats up with pac 12 offenses this weekend but Stanford leads Oregon 17-12 with 7:29 left in the half. Oregon shooting 29%

Want Stanford in this one. Gets Oregon completely out of the way and gives us a chance to make our win against Stanford on Thursday look as solid as possible.

29-24 'Furd late in the 1st

Stanford is falling off.

Only 3-6 since we faced them on Jan. 14. Best bet is they go 1-2 down the stretch with a win at Utah and losses at CU and at home to Cal. That would put them 19-11 (9-9) and likely the 7th seed. Probably safe for a low NIT seed, but may need a win in the P12 tournament.

Last edited:
gonna take winning out to even have a prayer at the conference regular season championship. And of course, some big stumbles from ORegon/Wash. In short, we are playing for seeding in the pac12 tourney now.

Pac-12 moved up to the 8th conference this week in the power rankings, going ahead of the MVC and staying ahead of C-USA. It's obviously not where we want the conference to be, but it's a start. The A-10 is within reach, would be nice to overtake them and get to 7th as the season comes to a close.

I've never been a big "conference pride" guy. In fact, I'll usually go out of my way to cheer for Oregon and Washington to lose. However, regardless of whether we get into the Dance or not, this is a year I would love to see the Pac-12 do well and get the Eammon Brennans of the world to shut the **** up. We desperately need SOMEBODY to make the Sweet 16...ideally two (somehow).

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation

Btw, sidenote: Brennan isn't even the most clueless. That honor falls to Jason King with his "King's Court". Don't even get me started on that douchebag.

Btw, sidenote: Brennan isn't even the most clueless. That honor falls to Jason King with his "King's Court". Don't even get me started on that douchebag.

For the most part, Brennan doesn't bother me. He bashes the PAC-12 a lot, but, well, we deserve it. Seriously. As for King? I can't believe you even read his stuff. You're a better man than I.

For the most part, Brennan doesn't bother me. He bashes the PAC-12 a lot, but, well, we deserve it. Seriously. As for King? I can't believe you even read his stuff. You're a better man than I.

I'm not convinced Eammon Brennan has ever seen Colorado play. If there was ever a year for a Pac-12 team (or two) to make a nice run in the Dance. I think it's possible. Outside of 5-6 teams, everyone is pretty beatable. We obviously don't have any elite teams, but I think any one of the Pac teams that end up making the tournament are capable of getting hot and knocking off teams from top conferences.

Last edited:
Looks like USC coach Kevin O'Neill will be back. I figured that would be the case considering the injuries they've had (although quite frankly they were ****** this season regardless), but the injuries definitely made things spiral way out of control. They get all the injured players back next season, plus a couple transfers, so you figure next season will be the year in which O'Neill is either able to prove himself or USC and their 6 or 7 basketball fans will be ready to move on.

6-21 (1-13). Baring a miracle, they'll end the season 6-26 (1-17). Ouch.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/49639/oneill-confident-hell-be-back-at-usc

its unfortunate for the Pac-12 that the only team that could crack the top 25, is going to lose this Sunday :nod:

So basically, we win the regular season title if we win out and washington loses to UCLA march 3, right?

We win out, we are 14-4
Cal wins except for here they are 14-4
UW wins all except at UCLA they are 14-4

I Know we have the head to head vs UW, but IDK how it works agaisnt Cal

WSU could knock UW out of contention tonight for us. Buff fans should be cougar fans. Also Utah could in theory knock off Cal for us as well, giving us a clear path to the title. (Utah will eventually win with how they are playing of late, if they were playing like this, at the beginning they could have become a serious threat as they progressed, it will be interesting to see them next year.)

Last edited:
We win out, we are 14-4

I think that it's head-to-head record against the next highest team in the conference -- which will either be Oregon or Arizona.

I think that it's head-to-head record against the next highest team in the conference -- which will either be Oregon or Arizona.

If UW is next in line we are tied with Cal
If UO is next in line we have to beat them to tie Cal
If Zona is next in line we lose the tie breaker because Cal only played them once and won where as we split the series

Wouldn't it be udub?

I wasn't clear in my post. I meant for a 3 way tie. So if CU, UW & Cal all tie for first, then the tiebreaker would be whomever is #4.

Right?

****. This is confusing.

We win out, we are 14-4

WSU could knock UW out of contention tonight for us. Buff fans should be cougar fans. Also Utah could in theory knock off Cal for us as well, giving us a clear path to the title. (Utah will eventually win with how they are playing of late, if they were playing like this, at the beginning they could have become a serious threat as they progressed, it will be interesting to see them next year.)

That one's on Saturday.

Regarding tiebreakers, the Pac-12 names co-champions if there is a tie. The tie breaker rules would be used for P12T seeding purposes.

Here were the rules on tie breakers used in the Pac-10 last year (I assume they're the same):

PAC-10 TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE-SEEDING AND TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES
Seeding: The seedings and pairings shall be determined upon completion of regular season play on Saturday, March 5. The won-lost percent- age record of the teams in regular season Conference play will determine tournament seedings. The team with the best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #1, the next best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #2, and so forth through all the seeds.

Tie-Breakers: Tie breaking procedures for determining all tournament seeding will be:

1. Two-team tie

a. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
b. Each team’s record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the ␣nal regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
c. Won-lost percentage against all Division I opponents. d. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

2. Multiple-team tie

a. Results of collective head-to-head competition during the regular season among the tied teams.
b. If more than two teams are still tied, each of the tied team’s record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.

If at any point the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied.

c. Won-lost percentage against all Division I opponents.
d. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

Here's a quick look:

Washington: 0-1 vs CU, 0-1 vs Cal
Cal: 1-1 vs CU (assuming we win Sunday), 1-0 vs UDub
CU: 1-0 vs UDub, 1-1 vs Cal

A 2-way with Washington gives us the #1 seed.

A 3-way tie with Cal and Washington would eliminate Washington. It would then likely go to how CU and Cal did against Oregon (4th place team). Cal's 2-0 against them and we're currently 1-0 with a road trip left. Assuming that ties, we move to 5th place Arizona. We split with Zona and Cal's 0-1, so we'd win the tiebreaker and get the #1 seed.

A 2-way tie with Cal gives us the #1 seed for the same reason the 3-way tie did.

If we win these last 4, we're in very good shape.

(I'm going to re-post the tiebreaker scenarios as a new thread.)

That one's on Saturday.

Regarding tiebreakers, the Pac-12 names co-champions if there is a tie. The tie breaker rules would be used for P12T seeding purposes.

Here were the rules on tie breakers used in the Pac-10 last year (I assume they're the same):

PAC-10 TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE-SEEDING AND TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES
Seeding: The seedings and pairings shall be determined upon completion of regular season play on Saturday, March 5. The won-lost percent- age record of the teams in regular season Conference play will determine tournament seedings. The team with the best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #1, the next best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #2, and so forth through all the seeds.

Tie-Breakers: Tie breaking procedures for determining all tournament seeding will be:

1. Two-team tie

a. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
b. Each team’s record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the ␣nal regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
c. Won-lost percentage against all Division I opponents. d. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

2. Multiple-team tie

a. Results of collective head-to-head competition during the regular season among the tied teams.
b. If more than two teams are still tied, each of the tied team’s record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

If at any point the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied.

c. Won-lost percentage against all Division I opponents.
d. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

Here's a quick look:

Washington: 0-1 vs CU, 0-1 vs Cal
Cal: 1-1 vs CU (assuming we win Sunday), 1-0 vs UDub
CU: 1-0 vs UDub, 1-1 vs Cal

A 2-way with Washington gives us the #1 seed.

A 3-way tie with Cal and Washington would eliminate Washington. It would then likely go to how CU and Cal did against Oregon (4th place team). Cal's 2-0 against them and we're currently 1-0 with a road trip left. Assuming that ties, we move to 5th place Arizona. We split with Zona and Cal's 0-1, so we'd win the tiebreaker and get the #1 seed.

A 2-way tie with Cal gives us the #1 seed for the same reason the 3-way tie did.

If we win these last 4, we're in very good shape.

(I'm going to re-post the tiebreaker scenarios as a new thread.)

Thanks and rep. But to the bolded part - that is only the case if fUCLA beats the hounds on march 3.

Back