What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

ASU lost at home to Northern Arizona tonight. I don't know how the conference can be this bad.

Edit: Gonzaga also beat Arizona by 11.

Georgia @ USC is definitely one to keep an eye on tonight.

I can't believe the p12 is this bad, i am definitely guilty of drinkng the kool aid before the season. .

My power rankings to date:
Stanford - overrated i know, but the p12 stinks right now, i don't see them ending up here
Cal - 2 bad losses, i expect them to hang around the top
Arizona - another loss today, talented young team, i expect them to get it together
UW - for some inexplicable reason i love this team, i have no reasons to like uw,but ross wilcox and wroten could create some noise
Oregon st - could be 2 spots higher, have played well ths year(big w over ut) i just don't see them keeping it up
Oregon - kind of a mess right now, be interesting to see how they play against virginiamtomorrow
Cu - right in the middle, cu needs to blow out the next couple of teams, get things clicking for p12 play
Wsu
Ucla - the bruins aren't this bad, too much talent
Usc
Asu
Utah - finally picked up their 2nd w of the season, it may be their last

For Pac-12 basketball aficionados, a pretty good Virginia squad pays a visit to Eugene in a little over an hour. This will be a good barometer of what the Ducks are capable of. UVA's defense is absolutely smothering.

UW - for some inexplicable reason i love this team, i have no reasons to like uw,but ross wilcox and wroten could create some noise

My love affair is officially over, UW and I broke up today. UW loses at home to South Dakota St by 19. Vegas and ken pomeroy had them favored by 13 that means they failed to cover by -32..... awful

My love affair is officially over, UW and I broke up today. UW loses at home to South Dakota St by 19. Vegas and ken pomeroy had them favored by 13 that means they failed to cover by -32..... awful

Wow, just wow. That's beyond inexcusable. If Cal wins the Pac-12 tournament, it's conceivable that this could be a 1 bid league

For Pac-12 basketball aficionados, a pretty good Virginia squad pays a visit to Eugene in a little over an hour. This will be a good barometer of what the Ducks are capable of. UVA's defense is absolutely smothering.

Hoos 67
Ducks 54

Oregon now 6-3. Word is Jabari Brown might land at Georgia Tech

CBS' College Basketball Blog "Eye on College Basketball" has an article on the woeful state of P12 hoops today

Some of the low-lights:

There's no East Coast bias here. The Pac-12 stinks. Plain and simple.
"No excuses," one head coach in the league texted me. "You're right."

This could be a two-bid league. Probably should be a two-bid league.

The league doesn't have a single victory against a Top 25 team.

The league is currently ranked ninth in the RPI, behind the A-10 and Missouri Valley and barely in front of the WCC and C-USA.

Wow, just wow. That's beyond inexcusable. If Cal wins the Pac-12 tournament, it's conceivable that this could be a 1 bid league

At this point Cal, Oregon St, Stanford, Oregon, and Arizona all have a shot to get in, but the Pac-12 schedule will eliminate two of them most likely at least. Stanford/Oregon St would need to go AT LEAST 11-7 and more than likely 12-6 to be considered for the NCAAT.

Utes beat equally miserable Portland 72-67 to climb to 3-8.

Bunch of other Pac schools in action at the moment, we'll see if we can avoid any further humiliation..

Southern Miss beats Arizona State 64-61 in Tempe. Sun Devils fall to 4-7, including a 2-5 mark at home, ouch.

Cal beats UCSB 70-50 to move to 10-2.

Stanford over Bethune Cookman 75-56. Cardinal are 9-1 and the pleasant surprise of the Pac-12 thus far.

USC is about to go final with a blowout win over TCU. This is by far the strongest showing of the season for the Trojans, who move to 5-7 with the win.

BASKETBALL-SUCKER-PUNCH.gif

espn released their first version of bracketology the other day. 3 P12 hoops teams included. Stanford 6 seed, Cal 8 and Arizona an 11. I understand Arizona has had a fairly tough non-conf schedule, but they haven't won any of those "tough" games. If I am oregon st. I can't be happy about that. They haven't played anybody other than texas, but at least they are winning those games.

espn released their first version of bracketology the other day. 3 P12 hoops teams included. Stanford 6 seed, Cal 8 and Arizona an 11. I understand Arizona has had a fairly tough non-conf schedule, but they haven't won any of those "tough" games. If I am oregon st. I can't be happy about that. They haven't played anybody other than texas, but at least they are winning those games.

I'd be very surprised if the Pac-12 got 3 teams into the dance. This is a 2 bid league if there ever was one.

Oregon State isn't worthy of being in the tournament discussion, IMO. Sure, they're 8-2 but that's 7 extremely weak wins and then the victory over Texas (who is down this year). They've also lost at home to Idaho by 14. That's not tournament caliber, and they aren't going to post the 12-6 or 13-5 record in league play to put them in the discussion.

I'd be very surprised if the Pac-12 got 3 teams into the dance. This is a 2 bid league if there ever was one.

Oregon State isn't worthy of being in the tournament discussion, IMO. Sure, they're 8-2 but that's 7 extremely weak wins and then the victory over Texas (who is down this year). They've also lost at home to Idaho by 14. That's not tournament caliber, and they aren't going to post the 12-6 or 13-5 record in league play to put them in the discussion.

oregon st is terrible, i don't think they should or will be in the tournament either, just saying AZ isn't more deserving then they are right now.

Ducks barely beat North Carolina Central State 58-45 thanks to one of the ugliest games I have ever seen. Thanks to NCCS shooting less then 30% and the Ducks barely climbing over 30% in the last few minutes.

A stats article that examines exactly why the P12 is so bad.

CU is only mentioned once and this is because of their poor defense and inability to create turnovers, CU also struggled mightily at this last year.

– The number of Pac-12 teams whose defensive turnover rates are among the 50 worst in the nation. Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon State, Utah, and Washington are proving that defense is optional in the league this season. Sadly two of those teams are expected to challenge for the regular season title.

We don't do much overplaying or risk taking in our man defense. I'd like to see more of that. Maybe some full court press. Not all the time, but enough so that we're mixing it up and so that we've got something to go to when the team is flat.

We don't do much overplaying or risk taking in our man defense. I'd like to see more of that. Maybe some full court press. Not all the time, but enough so that we're mixing it up and so that we've got something to go to when the team is flat.

Boyle definitely seems to be risk averse on his defensive game plan. There are enough athletes and depth on this team it makes sense to try to press or trap a little.

Boyle definitely seems to be risk averse on his defensive game plan. There are enough athletes and depth on this team it makes sense to try to press or trap a little.

Or at least not allow the other team to pass the ball around the outside as the please. At least get a hand in one pass passing lanes (within reason of distance from the 3 point line and threat of the player).

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

Stanford has been exposed. 5-7 Butler just knocked them off in Palo Alto.

Utah falls to 3-9 with a 29 point loss to Weber State

Oregon currently in a battle with Stephen F. Austin

USC hosts Kansas later on tonight

Back