What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paterno is out tonight / Possible riots at PSU?

he wanted a send off, and he won't get it. Sucks for Joe Pa. I have no sympathy.

Although he won't believe it it may not suck for JoePa, if he had coached this Saturday what he expected to be his glorious send off may have turned very ugly. I can't imagine the response he would have gotten from those who are sickened by his conduct in this behavior both recently and over the extent of time that this was all going on.

So JoePa comes out this morning, announces he's staying for the rest of the season, and that "At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can."

Nice try Joe, but I guess the Regents didn't feel like letting you tell them what to do any more...

Joe was going to come out fighting, I'm not surprised by him and his lawyers doing that.

Although he won't believe it it may not suck for JoePa, if he had coached this Saturday what he expected to be his glorious send off may have turned very ugly. I can't imagine the response he would have gotten from those who are sickened by his conduct in this behavior both recently and over the extent of time that this was all going on.
Given the reaction of the students, pretty sure he would have been fully supported on gameday.

I don't want to start rumors about Gricar..... Right now it is a conspiracy theory..... Sorry....

Cannot believe McQuery is still employed, though. They still have some **** to clean before the smell will begin to go away.

Their trustees are the first people associated with Penn State who are doing the right thing in this mess. Clean house, ASAP.

"No change in his status on the coaching staff"

Just speculation but I wonder if he in fact did more than has been reported and was silenced by action within the program. In this case to fire him may open up him exposing the conduct by others that would lead to much more severe responses and actions.

I just get the feeling that there is a lot more to this story than we are hearing so far.

Given the reaction of the students, pretty sure he would have been fully supported on gameday.

Yep, he would have gone out like a conquering hero. This is how disgraced ****bags go out. On someone else's terms without the big sendoff. No victory lap, no final home game, no Rose Bowl. Just GTFO.

Yep, he would have gone out like a conquering hero. This is how disgraced ****bags go out. On someone else's terms without the big sendoff. No victory lap, no final home game, no Rose Bowl. Just GTFO.

OTOH, nobody told Paterno to stay away from the game on Saturday.

The way the Penn State media is behaving here at this presser is nothing short of a disgrace. Like a ****ing cult.

OTOH, nobody told Paterno to stay away from the game on Saturday.

The way the Penn State media is behaving here at this presser is nothing short of a disgrace. Like a ****ing cult.

yup. he gave the we are done signal and then said "I'm advised by my colleague there are 2 more questions left"
:lol:

Asking tough questions doesn't mean he's furious snow
He was practically splitting his words. He is furious.

wow that one reporter said a trustee hoped Joe Pa would keep losing in 2004 so we could get rid of him? I need to google that.

yup. he gave the we are done signal and then said "I'm advised by my colleague there are 2 more questions left"
:lol:

He was practically splitting his words. He is furious.

You should look at my Twitter feed. Granted, it´s mostly NFL people, national writers, the local Denver honks and a few Pac 12 guys, but every single one of them is questioning their professionalism.

Firing McQueary may not be so easy. He will be a Class A witness in what is now a federal investigation. Moreover he will be a witness testifying against former Penn State administrators and providing testimony that will implicate PSU regarding civil liabilities in what are certain to be multiple lawsuits against PSU. Firing him might cause problems with whistleblower protection laws. Yeah, ironic huh?

damn i knew I've seen that guy beefore. John Surma who talked today for PSU is US STeel's CEO. I saw him on Mad Money a few years ago.

You should look at my Twitter feed. Granted, it´s mostly NFL people, national writers, the local Denver honks and a few Pac 12 guys, but every single one of them is questioning their professionalism.
ya. pretty much all the national newsies are amazed at how well the Trustee is handling it and how bad the PSU guys are.

I wonder what the reaction in Lincoln would have been if this had happened to Dr. Tom? The "cult" reference made me think of that.

Last edited:
I wonder what the reaction in Loncoln would have been if this had happened to Dr. Tom? The "cult" reference made me think of that.

I was just thinking the same thing. How would this play in Nebraska.

At the same time as slimmy, miserable, cheating, disgusting as Osborne is/was I would not equate this type of behavior with him. I can't stand him but he looks like a saint compared to covering up a child rapist.

Back