What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paterno is out tonight / Possible riots at PSU?

I dunno. I think the whole thing is ****ed, but I think he should have been allowed to coach through the season at least. We don't know a lot of the details...there are a lot of people involved....I don't see paterno as an evil person as much as ignorant or oblivious. That doesn't make anything better, but I have a hard time believing that his legacy and job should be terminated because of everything going on. Just seems like apples and oranges. There is so much blame that goes all around, and yet for penn state the symbolic "justice" is firing him, while at the same time it has nothing to do with his career.....

Am I the only one that feels that this whole big picture doesnt sit right?? I think what is it is how many coaches or people we love and respect that would or even have done similar things to him and we don't look at or consider in the big picture.

Funny thing is I am a strong horrible about judging most people's complete character based on ****** singular events.

Oh and all Catholics calling foul can suck it.

Last edited:
I dunno. I think the whole thing is ****ed, but I think he should have been allowed to coach through the season at least. We don't know a lot of the details...there are a lot of people involved....I don't see paterno as an evil person as much as ignorant or oblivious. That doesn't make anything better, but I have a hard time believing that his legacy and job should be terminated because of everything going on. Just seems like apples and oranges. There is so much blame that goes all around, and yet for penn state the symbolic "justice" is firing him, while at the same time it has nothing to do with his career.....

Am I the only one that feels that this whole big picture doesnt sit right?? I think what is it is how many coaches or people we love and respect that would or even have done similar things to him and we don't look at or consider in the big picture.

Funny thing is I am a strong horrible about judging most people's complete character based on ****** singular events.

First bolded: Joe Paterno is a leader in the community. He should be held to a standard based on his judgment and of decency. Simply put, anybody who turns a blind eye to justice involving a person they know has molested children has not met a basic standard of humanity. It's really that simple. He should not be placed in a position of public trust without meeting that standard. If he's in a position of public trust and fails to meet the standard he should be removed immediately. Again, it's that easy. His crime of ommission (legal or not) is sufficiently glaring to tarnish all that he's accomplished. Not apples and oranges at all.

Second Bolded: It's not symbolic. He has not demonstrated the requirement of judgment and decency for his employment. Others will lose their jobs to...he's not some lone martyr.

Third Bolded: There is no bigger picture. He let a known pedophile off the hook. It appears the pedophile continued to rape children. If I would hold myself to a higher standard--ensuring that other children were protected--than I would certainly expect something more from my heroes. Nobody gets a free pass on this kind of behavior. Nobody.

Fourth: I apply the same standard for pedophile priests and anybody who protects them.

Oh ... excuse me for not reading 14+ pages of posts in order to ascertain the context of his post. Just naturally assumed Junc was being his usual ignorant self.

My bad. :rolling_eyes:

...as Wally already pointed out, you just had to read one post. The one you did read. Junc's. He has bigbang's post quoted where he spelled "Sandusky" "Sandawsky" or something like that. The boner you got when you thought Junc made a mistake should be embarrassing to you.

I was never a JoePa fan. I loved him hanging on at psu. Thought it would kill the program. Guess I was wrong there. However, it is tragic to see a legendary career end up like this. He hung on way too long, like 15 years too long, and it cost him his honor. We've seen it happen before, Woody Hays, for example, and we will see it again, Bo Pelini, for example :wink2:.

makes you wonder - If Jo and psu try and hide something this major, what else have they tried to hide all these years??
glad to see him gone and more need to go now!!

His inaction probably contributed to other kids being assaulted. Try explaining to a parent of one of those kids why JoPa deserves to finish the season. How important is football really, or one old man's legacy?

makes you wonder - If Jo and psu try and hide something this major, what else have they tried to hide all these years??
glad to see him gone and more need to go now!!

Well, we know that after the 2002 incident was reported that Sandusky was barred from bringing boys onto campus. That pretty much proves that they all believed that he was molesting boys. Their actions amounted to telling Sandusky to **** boys somewhere else.

Given that, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Paterno needed to go. But I am so sick and tired of Paterno's name being spoken more than the ****ing pedophile Sandusky.

Paterno needed to go. But I am so sick and tired of Paterno's name being spoken more than the ****ing pedophile Sandusky.

Agree, but Sandusky was in handcuffs immediately when this broke. PSU had such a lack of leadership that it left JoPa's status up in the air for the media to speculate about for days causing this firestorm. They could have avoided some of this mess IMO if they had brought the axe down on everyone the day this all went public.

I wonder what the reaction in Lincoln would have been if this had happened to Dr. Tom? The "cult" reference made me think of that.

Dude...if Tom was accused of multiple allegations of child molestation....off with his ****in' head. Not kids man....hang people who do that ****.

For anyone who thinks that Paterno is being unfairly targeted here, watch this:

[video=youtube;CQ5KZ0gh2hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5KZ0gh2hg[/video]

I was never a JoePa fan. I loved him hanging on at psu. Thought it would kill the program. Guess I was wrong there. However, it is tragic to see a legendary career end up like this. He hung on way too long, like 15 years too long, and it cost him his honor. We've seen it happen before, Woody Hays, for example, and we will see it again, Bo Pelini, for example :wink2:.
Why do you continue to try and bring Nebraska into this situation? I'm just curious.......................I think it's ridiculous that you're trying to and I just can't see how you can compare the two programs in your head right now?

Why do you continue to try and bring Nebraska into this situation? I'm just curious.......................I think it's ridiculous that you're trying to and I just can't see how you can compare the two programs in your head right now?

dude....it's a Buff fan. We're mentioned in every thread. I take it as a badge of honor :thumbsup2:

Yeah I'm not sure why people keep referring to NUb. We don't play them anymore and I could care less what they do.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

nebraska is continually mentioned because they have a cult-like following, not unlike Penn State. It's a good question. I think nebraskans could manage to be a little more manageable in a situation like this. I think.

Spanier used to be the chancellor of Nebraska before he was Pres at PSU

I just don't see how NU can be brought up in this conversation, I could care less if Spanier was the chancellor there before. It just so happens we have to play Penn State this weekend, this schedule was made last year way before any of this came up, luck of the draw I guess. I doubt you would see NU fans rioting in the streets if a similiar situation occured in Lincoln. How Joe Pa can be supported in this situation by anyone is bewildering to me. Obviously he needed to go along with the president, but the thing that is shocking is McQueary is still being allowed to coach at PSU. He's just as guilty as Joe Pa is/was and needs to go as well.

I just don't see how NU can be brought up in this conversation, I could care less if Spanier was the chancellor there before. It just so happens we have to play Penn State this weekend, this schedule was made last year way before any of this came up, luck of the draw I guess. I doubt you would see NU fans rioting in the streets if a similiar situation occured in Lincoln. How Joe Pa can be supported in this situation by anyone is bewildering to me. Obviously he needed to go along with the president, but the thing that is shocking is McQueary is still being allowed to coach at PSU. He's just as guilty as Joe Pa is/was and needs to go as well.

I know I'm just kidding with u. :lol:

I wonder how many of those students think back to 2002 when one rape was witnessed? Or the Penn State players. How many of them realize they were 9 years old then. Or 10? 11 or 12? Prime Sandusky Age. Wonder how many of those students would ask Coach JoePa, "Would you let him do that to me, Coach? Would you stay quiet and let him?"

That's what happened to some kids.

But consider the School President. EX-Prez. A trained family therapist, probably has some experience with child abuse. Amazing that he was lifting the rug while others did the sweeping.

I'm curious about McQueary's job assignment. Of the 18 GAs that year (2002), he's the only one that has a permanent job on JoePa's staff. Curious. Was the argument about his going forward ("It's going to be your word against his, an icon of the university and community, and you don't know the victim, all evidence is down the drain and we've waited a week to have this talk with you, young man.") ended with a coaching job offer?

Well, that is the end-result. How it was accomplished - will anyone but a civil case jury be interested? "How much is a kajillion?"

Back