What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson leads nation in rec yards

One of the only players I have seen that literally only needs a foot of space and he is gone. Nobody will ever catch him.

Leash, a player has to be 3 years removed from hs to declare for the league. Normally, rs sophs and jr's are the early entrants. PRich didn't redshirt. We get the pure joy of watching this guy again next year -- in Black-n-Gold.

That was one hell of a performance. But he's not the best wr in the country or anything. As mentioned, he needs to add about 20 lbs of muscle. Kinda looks like a high schooler out there. Tons of talent though. I hope it doesn't go to his head because he needs to put some real work in.

That was one hell of a performance. But he's not the best wr in the country or anything. As mentioned, he needs to add about 20 lbs of muscle. Kinda looks like a high schooler out there. Tons of talent though. I hope it doesn't go to his head because he needs to put some real work in.
So who is clearly better than him? Only one that comes to mind is Blackmon.

Blackmon. He is a man amoungst toddlers. Big, fast, strong, good routes, great hands, and he makes the plays. You all realize that we tried to recruit him?

PRich reminds me of Broyles, who is obviously much more polished at this stage. Size, speed, quickness and play making ability are similar.

Let's wait a few more games before we anoint him the best WR in the country. It's 2 games. He's been great, but I want to see some consistency throughout the season.

Blackmon. He is a man amoungst toddlers. Big, fast, strong, good routes, great hands, and he makes the plays. You all realize that we tried to recruit him?

PRich reminds me of Broyles, who is obviously much more polished at this stage. Size, speed, quickness and play making ability are similar.

Blackmon has size and speed. he's #1 to me. like Crabtree. he's eady for the next level and unguardable one on one at this one. kid at ND is good, but they are 0-2. Broyles is a helluva college player but not much size to speak of for next level. reminds me of former OU WR Mark Clayton but maybe even smaller.

edit: i knew PRich was good to great when i was at the fall scrimmage in Hawk's last year. kid was outrunning everyone *and* Cody's deep ball.

Let's wait a few more games before we anoint him the best WR in the country. It's 2 games. He's been great, but I want to see some consistency throughout the season.

He was a freak the last four/five games of last year too.
Against TT he had 4-79-2td and long of 60
Against ISU he had 5-121 Long of 55 yards
Against KU he had 11-141-2td long of 62
Against NU he had 2-62-1td long of 50
Against KSU he had 3-19-1TD long of 14

Over his last 7 games he's had 755 yards and 10 tds.

Point being it's not like he just came out of nowhere. Sky's the limit for this guy.

I'm not saying he's the best WR in the country but he's a top WR in the PAC12, no doubt.

From my perspective, he is a great wide receiver. He gets to the place he needs to be on routes and he catches the ball and he can get places after the catch. What makes him not the best in the nation is the absence of size and strength to make "boss" plays. Plays where there is great coverage on a broken play where he isn't in stride and gets the catch just because he is the ****ing man. That is what the best players do. The Blackmon, Jeffery, A.J. Green (I know he went pro).

With virtually no run game, we need some of these other receivers to step up. Richardson is our team. While me don't have any other talents like Richardson at WR, it appears to me we have some varying skill. McCullogh is very tall and can get open. Cefalo seems reliable. I still want to believe Gray and Clemons can do something approaching special if given the opportunity. Starting with the CSU game, some of these other receivers are going to have to step up as Richardson is going to be mobbed. Probably won't stop him anyway.

I listened to the game on the radio. Did we try to get the ball to McCullogh high in the air like a jump ball? Can he do that? With his size I was hoping he might have that ability, especially in the end zone.

CAREER STATS
RECEIVING
SEASON
RECYDSAVGLNGTD

Dang, P-Rich is 2/3 of the way to last season's stats in yards and TDs 2 games into this season.

I listened to the game on the radio. Did we try to get the ball to McCullogh high in the air like a jump ball? Can he do that? With his size I was hoping he might have that ability, especially in the end zone.

I think he was the closest guy for the hail mary at the end of the first half, but the ball was thrown a little too low and short to be a jump ball situation, the Cal corners had good position to block him out of that catch.

Not to be hyper sensitive, but in today's Denver Post, Henderson's column indicated that the Buffs are last in kickoff returns. Of course he made no mention of Richardson leading the nation - what a prick.

Not to be hyper sensitive, but in today's Denver Post, Henderson's column indicated that the Buffs are last in kickoff returns. Of course he made no mention of Richardson leading the nation - what a prick.

Don't bother with Henderson. Krieger had a pretty glowing column about PRich yesterday.

When it's all said and done, he will be considered one of the best. He is just starting to get national attention The guy is a rare freak!

Back