What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phil Steele has CU#4 Most Improved 2018

First, I admit I was thinking pre-bowl game records, but even post-bowl, while it can happen, it seemed unlikely. So you made me check. The following is from 2001 when the Pac tie-in started. Shows the winners final records and the Pac participant if they lost. The Pac team went in with an average record of 7.3-4.6 and came out with an average record of 7.8-5.1, having 9 or 10 win seasons 4 times in 16 seasons (no Pac-12 team in 2016).

I can hardly believe you put in this much work over this. Seems like something I'd be crazy enough to do. :D

Phil Steele is the most insightful college football guy and works his tail off to get really deep into each teams entire situation before he throws stuff out like most improved teams. I would think he is feeling that 8 wins is the likely place this team goes to, and that we even become a fun team to watch. We have enough talent to win 8 games if things go our way like they did in 2016 when we had a lot of magic and luck finally on our side.

I have always thought that as magical as 2016 was, it actually set the table for 2017's struggles, not just because we lost so much talent and coaching, but that the depth was used so little that many guys that played last year were truly unprepared to step up and those guys faded and did not make plays like maybe they should have. In that same vane, 2017 will set up 2018 for success with more kids experienced, more talent from younger guys, coaching stabilized, and many guys pretty hungry to get back to the RISE, that turned into the LANDSLIDE. I am very excited and optimistic, and am only slightly critical of a few guys that will play roles this year that I am concerned about. Depending on how the season goes, I just hope that the BEST players always play (cough, cough, ILB!!!)

Go Buffs, thank you Phil for giving me some more hope!

Phil Steele is the most insightful college football guy and works his tail off to get really deep into each teams entire situation before he throws stuff out like most improved teams. I would think he is feeling that 8 wins is the likely place this team goes to, and that we even become a fun team to watch. We have enough talent to win 8 games if things go our way like they did in 2016 when we had a lot of magic and luck finally on our side.

I have always thought that as magical as 2016 was, it actually set the table for 2017's struggles, not just because we lost so much talent and coaching, but that the depth was used so little that many guys that played last year were truly unprepared to step up and those guys faded and did not make plays like maybe they should have. In that same vane, 2017 will set up 2018 for success with more kids experienced, more talent from younger guys, coaching stabilized, and many guys pretty hungry to get back to the RISE, that turned into the LANDSLIDE. I am very excited and optimistic, and am only slightly critical of a few guys that will play roles this year that I am concerned about. Depending on how the season goes, I just hope that the BEST players always play (cough, cough, ILB!!!)

Go Buffs, thank you Phil for giving me some more hope!
We all know MM plays the best player regardless of seniority, I mean just look at Winfree and Laviska

PAC 12 south should be wide open this year. If we can’t push for 2nd or 3rd, I’m very concerned about this coaching staff.

I still think the only 2 teams that completely outclass us athletically and are automatic losses are UW and USC...and they are on the road which is good. UNH is a for sure win. That leaves us having to go 7-2 in remaining games to win 8...5 of those are at home and 1 at Sports Bankruptcy Field...doable but not the most likely outcome IMO. Should be an interesting season!

Our schedule is not that bad looking minus the brutal back to back road trips to SC and Washington.
If we can get by CSU and Nebraska, there is a decent chance we go into LA at 5-0.
After SC and UDub, we play 3 of our last 5 at home with all 5 games that could go either way.

CSU: should be a win, but you never know
@Nebraska: Frost is not going to fix huskers overnight. They still have a lot of issues.
New Hampshire: win
UCLA: we always play them close especially in Boulder, plus no Rosen.
Arizona st: considered to be the worst in the south
@USC: likely loss
@UDub: likely bad loss
Oregon st: improved but very winnable game
@ Arizona: probably a loss
Washington st: likely a loss but they are replacing Falk and it’s in Boulder
Utah: play them close every time
@Cal: winnable road game

Last edited:
Our schedule is not that bad looking minus the brutal back to back road trips to SC and Washington.
If we can get by CSU and Nebraska, there is a decent chance we go into LA at 5-0.
After SC and UDub, we play 3 of our last 5 at home with all 5 games that could go either way.

CSU: should be a win, but you never know
@Nebraska: Frost is not going to fix huskers overnight. They still have a lot of issues.
New Hampshire: win
UCLA: we always play them close especially in Boulder, plus no Rosen.
Arizona st: considered to be the worst in the south
@USC: likely loss
@UDub: likely bad loss
Oregon st: improved but very winnable game
@ Arizona: probably a loss
Washington st: likely a loss but they are replacing Falk and it’s in Boulder
Utah: play them close every time
@Cal: winnable road game
Cu will not lose to Washington state. In fact, it won't be much of a game.

No static at all with FM’s post.
Bull

gif-animated-gif-tv-static-glitch-Favim.com-687367.gif

Back