What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phil Steele has CU#4 Most Improved 2018

What do you disagree with him on?

When you wind up on that list, that usually means a pretty big jump in wins......like say 5 to 9 or 10. I'm not sure if I see that, but I do believe we're better, and I do expect this team to play in the postseason.......I've got us 7-5.

Gonna be tough to replace in 2019.
Particularly on defense. Up the middle, we'll have a new DL, new ILBs and new Safeties. I don't worry much about the offense in 2019 if Fontenot is as good as the hype, though. Entire OL returns along with Shenault, our TEs and our starting QB.

When you wind up on that list, that usually means a pretty big jump in wins......like say 5 to 9 or 10. I'm not sure if I see that, but I do believe we're better, and I do expect this team to play in the postseason.......I've got us 7-5.
I think you have to look at it in context of how those 5 wins came last year. Struggled in every one of them except Texas State and Cal, and they are replacing Texas State with Nebraska, on the road this year. If they win 7-8 games in 2018, that means they either beat Nebraska on the road and go 4-5 or 5-4 in Pac 12 play, or they lose to Nebraska on the road and go 5-4 or 6-3 in Pac 12 play. Either way, that would represent a pretty big improvement, year over year, IMO.

Particularly on defense. Up the middle, we'll have a new DL, new ILBs and new Safeties. I don't worry much about the offense in 2019 if Fontenot is as good as the hype, though. Entire OL returns along with Shenault, our TEs and our starting QB.

Well, your spin about the gigantic losses on defense will certainly be what we hear from MM.;)

giphy.gif

OH I am sure everyone on here will be broken up about Landman taking over for Gamboa lol.
Yeah. Landman and Van Diest at ILB doesn’t really frighten me. No idea what we have behind those two, though. That’s the issue.

7-5 and that's a huge turn. Hopefully some non senior guys on D see time in 18. I'm mainly concerned with DL. Would be nice if youngsters got lots of reps.

Phil was about the only one out there that had us playing good football in 2016. Though, he also predicted we’d play good football in 2015.
In Phil's defense...we played well enough to win more games that year...we just lacked leadership/heart/luck...whatever it takes to win close games that we had in 2016.

Vegas Bowl against Fresno St is not 9-10 wins.
That was my thought too. That's 6-8 wins, and most likely 7, depending on how things shake out with the Pac-12 and the playoff/big 6 bowl games.

I think you have to look at it in context of how those 5 wins came last year. Struggled in every one of them except Texas State and Cal, and they are replacing Texas State with Nebraska, on the road this year. If they win 7-8 games in 2018, that means they either beat Nebraska on the road and go 4-5 or 5-4 in Pac 12 play, or they lose to Nebraska on the road and go 5-4 or 6-3 in Pac 12 play. Either way, that would represent a pretty big improvement, year over year, IMO.

True-the thing I love about this sked is the home conference schedule.........4-1 is very doable.

7-5 and that's a huge turn. Hopefully some non senior guys on D see time in 18. I'm mainly concerned with DL. Would be nice if youngsters got lots of reps.
7-5 not a huge turn. Gave away UCLA and ASU last year, or we’d be coming off 7-5. Those should both be gimmes as home.

If the Buffs make a bowl game, this season will exceed expectations. A bowl game in Las Vegas would be a must attend.
Disagree. They can makes a bowl by going 3-6 in conference. That’s very marginal improvement in my opinion.

7-5 not a huge turn. Gave away UCLA and ASU last year, or we’d be coming off 7-5. Those should both be gimmes as home.
Yes but also in a much closer game vs CSU than score indicated. A tight win in Corvallis as well.

Arizona was perhaps the most wrenching though .

Disagree. They can makes a bowl by going 3-6 in conference. That’s very marginal improvement in my opinion.

We have a 4-5 win team. Winning 6+ is above expectation. CU is not good. We have a meh coach who hasn’t gotten it done. Going to only his second bowl as head coach of CU would be a major step forward.

Back