What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Playoffs are really not that out of reach...

If Wisconsin wins, it's probably easier to take Ohio State as a lone B1G team since tOSU beat Wisconsin. But if PSU wins? 11-2 Champ that beat the 11-1 hopeful? Hard to justify taking tOSU over PSU. I mean, if little things like actually winning your head-to-head matchup and your conference championship matter.

That's an easy one, and we've got TCU and Baylor two years ago as precedent-Head to head only matters if the committee sees OSU and PSU as similar. They don't, and Hocutt has said as much to Rece Davis when they bring him out after the reveal.

From what I could gather from Hocutt's dance with Rece tonight and the rankings (UU went up!), we are probably going to the Rose Bowl.

If udub beats us, they go to CFP and we'll be the highest rated team from the conference. The precedent is there from last year for the Rose Bowl committee to select the highest ranked team. Even with the H2H loss, I don't envision USC jumping us given that we won the division.

If we win a close game, we'll still likely be behind the B1G champ in the eyes of the committee.

I can see us in if we are impressive against udub and we get some help from VT and wisco.

Exactly.... he is comparing facts..... I have been saying exactly that..... unfortunately.... when you use the same facts.... Michigan has a better resume than us....
Do they for sure? Lost to an unbranded team. Were losing to us at home when Liufau went down. Didn't even make their conf title game while in our scenario we won our's. we would also be 11-2 to their 10-2

Do they for sure? Lost to an unbranded team. Were losing to us at home when Liufau went down. Didn't even make their conf title game while in our scenario we won our's. we would also be 11-2 to their 10-2

Yes... Michigan does for sure...

Michigan:

Beat #8, #7, #6
Lost #2, #26

Colorado

Beat #20, #18
Lost to #5 #11

That's how I look at it.

Michigan:

Beat #8, #7, #6
Lost #2, #26

Colorado

Beat #20, #18
Lost to #5 #11

That's how I look at it.

Michigan only beat one team playing outside of the State of Michigan...ONE. I get that they played their road losses tough, but what if that game against Wisky was in Madison, do we still think it would have the same outcome? If we beat Washington we will have won 4 out 6 true road games, plus one at a neutral site with a 60 - 40 fan split with the road losses only to top 10 teams.

Do they give different weight to road vs. home games for the CFP? In basketball, the big metric for deciding tourney eligibility is RPI which takes home vs. away into consideration. Applying something similar to the CFP may be too logical though.

They aren't taking 3 B1G teams. If Clemson loses and we win, we will be playoff bound as a conference champion.
We all agree that they won't take 3 teams.....

I can't say it any louder.....

WISCONSIN AND PENN STATE ARE NOT GOING!!!!!!!

From what I could gather from Hocutt's dance with Rece tonight and the rankings (UU went up!), we are probably going to the Rose Bowl.

If udub beats us, they go to CFP and we'll be the highest rated team from the conference. The precedent is there from last year for the Rose Bowl committee to select the highest ranked team. Even with the H2H loss, I don't envision USC jumping us given that we won the division.

If we win a close game, we'll still likely be behind the B1G champ in the eyes of the committee.

I can see us in if we are impressive against udub and we get some help from VT and wisco.

I hope you're right and I think moving up to #8 helps the cause that even if we somehow lose Friday, we should be in the Rose Bowl. With that being said, tv money scares me and the fact that USC is in one of the highest rated viewing areas in the country that money will talk and they take USC over us. Guess there's nothing left to do but win Friday!!

the Pac 12 should get credit for playing 9 games within the conference AND then having a Championship-

Michigan:

Beat #8, #7, #6
Lost #2, #26

Colorado

Beat #20, #18
Lost to #5 #11

That's how I look at it.
That's what it looks like today. After this weekend it will (probably) look like:

Michigan:
10-2
3rd place in Conference
Beat #4 (home), #7 (home), #10 (home)
Lost #2 (away), #24 (away)

Colorado:
11-2
Conference Champion
Beat #6 (neutral), #18 (away), #20 (home)
Lost #5 (away), #9 (away)

And keep in mind that you, I, and no one else really knows how highly the committee is going to value conference championships. You're saying they haven't valued them at all, but - and this is important so try and follow along - the conference championships haven't happened yet. Which brings us back to you don't know, and I don't know how highly they are going to value conference championships.

What we do know: they have said that being a conference champion is an important consideration.

We don't have a chance unless we win.
I also don't think we'll have much of a chance unless VT wins.

But if either of those happen, I do think that we'll be in over Michigan.

That's what it looks like today. After this weekend it will (probably) look like:

Michigan:
10-2
3rd place in Conference
Beat #4 (home), #7 (home), #10 (home)
Lost #2 (away), #24 (away)

Colorado:
11-2
Conference Champion
Beat #6 (neutral), #18 (away), #20 (home)
Lost #5 (away), #9 (away)

And keep in mind that you, I, and no one else really knows how highly the committee is going to value conference championships. You're saying they haven't valued them at all, but - and this is important so try and follow along - the conference championships haven't happened yet. Which brings us back to you don't know, and I don't know how highly they are going to value conference championships.

What we do know: they have said that being a conference champion is an important consideration.

We don't have a chance unless we win.
I also don't think we'll have much of a chance unless VT wins.

But if either of those happen, I do think that we'll be in over Michigan.
The committee definitely values conference championships. A non conference champion has never made it into the playoff, they sure as s**t aren't putting 2 in this year from the same conference. Philly is high if he thinks OSU and Michigan are making it in over the Big 10 champ.

I am so confused reading phillybuff's posts because I don't know which team he's referring to when he says, "we".
I said "we" referring to AllBuffs people agreeing about the fact that 3 teams from the Big 10 wont go.

The biggest dispute here is Wisconsin and Penn State. I evaluate Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Colorado on a game by game basis and do not give any credence to when the game was played. If you look at just the rankings of the wins and losses.... it is clear that:

IF CLEMSON AND WASHINGTON LOSE....
the top 4 should be:
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Colorado

Wisconsin has an argument.... but PSU's resume is short of everyone on that list....

"WE" should be in the playoff if we win and Va Tech wins....

I said "we" referring to AllBuffs people agreeing about the fact that 3 teams from the Big 10 wont go.

The biggest dispute here is Wisconsin and Penn State. I evaluate Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Colorado on a game by game basis and do not give any credence to when the game was played. If you look at just the rankings of the wins and losses.... it is clear that:

IF CLEMSON AND WASHINGTON LOSE....
the top 4 should be:
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Colorado

Wisconsin has an argument.... but PSU's resume is short of everyone on that list....

"WE" should be in the playoff if we win and Va Tech wins....
Sorry you aren't factoring in meaningful victories. Neither OSU or Michigan won the games they NEEDED to win. I can see OSU still getting in based on one loss, but Michigan simply isn't happening. The conference championships will knock them further down.

Back