What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Please stay, Coach B

Rivals article is up:

FWIW:

"I have not been contacted by anyone from Wake Forest regarding their vacant head basketball coaching position, nor have I heard from Jeff or his representatives regarding the same," Colorado athletic director Mike Bohn said in a released statement. "At this point, there is no reason to comment further and I am under every impression that Jeff will be returning to coach the Buffaloes in 2010-11."

I wonder, despite what Bohn is saying publicly, if this is the real reason he's with coaching search consultant Chuck Neinas at the Master's this weekend.

If Bzdelik leaves, I can't honestly say I blame him. CU admissions has screwed him over.

I hope he stays. But if he does leave, Steve McClain or Mike Dunlap should be our next coach.

I'm going to go ahead and merge this Newsroom thread into the CU Basketball forum thread. I'll do the same with any more that pop up in this forum so that we have everything in one place.

This is where I hope that Mike Bohn signs Coach Bzdelik to an extension. It is supposedly in the works anyway. Bz if 57 years old. Let's make sure he retires a Buff. In 5-10 years (whatever his timeline is), he'll have CU to the point where we are a player in our conference and on the national level on a consistent basis. We need to make this happen.

No, now I disagree. If Bzz ends up staying, this will be the 3rd off-season we've had to listen to rumors of Bzz leaving. The team may have been better this season, but it was still a losing season in the end. That would be 3 in a row, and the first two seasons were both 20 loss seasons. In my mind he needs to get some big men in here this month, sign 2 or 3 solid players in the early signing period come November, and then we can talk extension. His team had better be winning at a good clip when extension talks are being held.

It seems like he's been looking for a way out since he got here. Sorry, I like Bzz, but enough is enough.

If he does end up leaving the search committee that will be formed better not give us the same cheap option that they're giving the Women's program right now.

"Bzdelik's daughter, Courtney, attends Wake Forest."

If I was a dad, I would consider that a negative. Especially when my kid went through all that trouble to go spread her wings in the first place. I wouldn't want them dealing with the fallout from the ups and downs of my job.

No, now I disagree. If Bzz ends up staying, this will be the 3rd off-season we've had to listen to rumors of Bzz leaving. The team may have been better this season, but it was still a losing season in the end. That would be 3 in a row, and the first two seasons were both 20 loss seasons. In my mind he needs to get some big men in here this month, sign 2 or 3 solid players in the early signing period come November, and then we can talk extension. His team had better be winning at a good clip when extension talks are being held.

It seems like he's been looking for a way out since he got here. Sorry, I like Bzz, but enough is enough.

If he does end up leaving the search committee that will be formed better not give us the same cheap option that they're giving the Women's program right now.

Hard to argue with that. But there's a reason he hasn't been happy here. It's very difficult to deal with the crap inside CU.

Bohn is with Neinas at the Masters?

:nod:

Could mean nothing, though. Neinas may just want an AD he's consulted for in his suite as a business thing even if nothing's currently going on.

But I don't believe in coincidences, either. And we have 1 official job opening for WBB, 1 potential job opening for MBB, and 1 coach on the hot seat in Football.

This is where I hope that Mike Bohn signs Coach Bzdelik to an extension. It is supposedly in the works anyway. Bz if 57 years old. Let's make sure he retires a Buff. In 5-10 years (whatever his timeline is), he'll have CU to the point where we are a player in our conference and on the national level on a consistent basis. We need to make this happen.

We are in the process of extending Coach Bzdelik. I know this to be true. I didn't want to say how I knew in the thread where I first said this a few weeks ago but I'll tell you now. When we were in KC for the basketball tourney, Mike Bohn himself told the band and spirit groups that the AD was working on getting Coach Bzdelik signed to an extension. He would be extremely stupid not to do everything he possibly could to get Coach Bzdelik to stay. The men's basketball program is the single biggest bright spot for the CU AD right now and Bohn knows it. As scared as this rumor makes me, I trust our AD to get the job done on this one. There's too much at stake for them not to.

Here's what I'm hearing... Bzdelik to Wake is pretty much a done deal and all we are waiting for is an annoucement. As far as who his replacement will be, i doubt Mike Dunlap is an option because he took an assistant coaching job at St Johns today with Steve Lavin. McClain would be the smart choice here. He is familiar with the team and has the respect of all the players. If you remember what happened in Maui, you know how good of a coach he is

You mean somebody whose only real head coaching experience is at Metro?? :smile2:

If Bohn needs to extend Buzz in order to keep him here and end the annual uncertainty, I say do it. It's nice for CU to have at least one coach that other schools want, and it's damn near ****ing miraculous that it's in our MBB program. If Buzz isn't interested in talking extension, then it's probably best that he gets the Wake job and CU is able to move forward with somebody that might be around long term. I really, really hope he stays, though...

We are in the process of extending Coach Bzdelik. I know this to be true. I didn't want to say how I knew in the thread where I first said this a few weeks ago but I'll tell you now. When we were in KC for the basketball tourney, Mike Bohn himself told the band and spirit groups that the AD was working on getting Coach Bzdelik signed to an extension. He would be extremely stupid not to do everything he possibly could to get Coach Bzdelik to stay. The men's basketball program is the single biggest bright spot for the CU AD right now and Bohn knows it. As scared as this rumor makes me, I trust our AD to get the job done on this one. There's too much at stake for them not to.

Here's what I'm hearing... Bzdelik to Wake is pretty much a done deal and all we are waiting for is an annoucement. As far as who his replacement will be, i doubt Mike Dunlap is an option because he took an assistant coaching job at St Johns today with Steve Lavin. McClain would be the smart choice here. He is familiar with the team and has the respect of all the players. If you remember what happened in Maui, you know how good of a coach he is

Well, glad that's cleared up!!!! :lol:

Bohn losing to Bzz... yikes. I know Bzz hasn't produced great results (yet...) but damn it sure won't look good on his resume.

dingo the clown?

Last edited:
pretty sure we won't get anyone as good as Bzz. Wish we could steal that butler coach.

What I can't figure out is why Wake fired Gaudio and would look at Bzdelik as an upgrade. Gaudio had a top 10 class coming in next year and he went to the 2nd round of the tourney this year. Bzdelik's never won a tourney game and hasn't even made the postseason in 3 years at CU. He's also never signed a 4* recruit.

I've made no secret of the fact that I'm a fan of Bzdelik. But as I've posted on other boards, if I were a Wake guy i'd be screaming :wtf: .

Sounds like its bye bye Bzzz... That sucks.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/...lorados-bzdelik-candidate-wake-forest/sports/

Wellman was asked the rhetorical question of whether he felt he could hire a coach who was 36-58 over the past three seasons to replace a coach who 61-31 (Gaudio's record at Wake Forest) over the same span.
"You have to dig deeper,'' Wellman said. "You have to look at the whole situation and determine if that person has done a good job or a bad job, if the skills of an individual are transferrable to Wake Forest and if those skills would be what would produce a championship caliber team at Wake Forest.
"I don't get hung up on who is the hottest coach right now and a coach's record, if there are reasons for that particular record. It takes time to build programs. If you feel that whoever it is is the right person for the job and the skills are transferrable to a championship program at Wake Forest, that's who we would go after.''
Two other names that have been mentioned around the program are Travis Ford of Oklahoma State and Dana Altman of Creighton.

You mean somebody whose only real head coaching experience is at Metro?? :smile2:

:lol: Touche Senior Junc.

Something tells me that we'll end up with McClain if Bzz leaves. That's fine by me. He recruited some good players up to Wyoming(Ewing), and had some good results. Last time UDub was in the tourney was under McClain. My main point in bringing up the WBB search was they'd better not be looking for a bargain basement deal. It'd be a step back at a time when this program really can't afford one.

Back