What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

I do not think you can definitively say Georgia is out in that scenario. There are a lot of variables in how the teams end up 12-1.

I also don't think you can use last year as justification to put a second SEC team in the playoff-they did that in my opinion because Ohio State wasn't a viable option because of their Iowa loss.

Okay here's a hypothetical-let's say Alabama and two of Ohio State, Clemson, and Notre Dame finish undefeated. Then, let's say Georgia goes into the SEC championship game at 12-0 and then loses to Alabama (doesn't really matter how IMO), and let's say we finish the regular season 11-1 (with the loss coming next week at Washington) and then win the Pac 12 championship. You can switch us out for West Virginia in this scenario. Unless they don't have another viable option-they're not taking two SEC teams. The CFP took two teams from the SEC last year because they HAD to.
You describe to a T why I hate the CFP. 2 best teams! Season matters. Period.

I like the optimism here, but I hope y’all don’t get yourselves so hyped up that you end up being disappointed if we win 9-10 games instead of the 13 y’all are hoping for. If we win 10 it’s been an amazing year. But just to add my two cents, IF we were to go undefeated there is absolutely zero chance we’re not in the playoffs.

See my response to Denver_sc. If you have 12-1 SEC non-champ Georgia vs. 12-1 Pac 12 champ Colorado or 12-1 Big 12 champ West Virginia, the latter will go.
You are missing one very important variable $$$$. Justification my ass, of course they'd try to come up with all kinds of ****. Money is the bottom line.

This would almost assuredly result in the expansion to 6 CFP teams the following season. All of those programs have enough pull and would raise enough hell to ensure it never happens again.
The best possible scenario is for all five P5 conference winners plus ND to either be undefeated or one loss. All six of them the same record.

Change will happen quickly after that.

That's not what 538 says. West Virginia is a near-lock to make the CFP if they win out (97%) and we're not far behind (94%). They're going to have to play Oklahoma or Texas twice, and we're going to have to play most likely Washington a second time.
I don't disagree with that. I was saying if there were 5 undefeated teams with CU and ND each being one of them then ND would get the nod over CU.
That 94% should actually be 100% because if CU goes undefeated they are in because it is highly unlikely there will be 5 undefeated teams and they can't leave an undefeated P5 out of the playoffs. If they do, the whole system implodes, which could be fun. Remember, CU was the catalyst for the initial change when they were left out of the national championship game, after demolishing the team that got to play in it.

F*ck ESPN and their bullsh*t. So even if we win out CU has a 0.0% chance of making the playoff??
They grouped us in with G5 schools (USF, UCF, Cincinnati) when looking at our chances of making it to the CFB Playoff.
Could they suck the SEC off any harder?
View attachment 27735
Everyone getting their panties in a bunch about if an undefeated CU gets in the ship, I'm more insulted that ESPN has us as an underdog to everyone going forward except OSU. What have they seen in UA that thinks they will beat us? Utah and WSU at home are predicted to beat us. That is disrespect for an undefeated team.

Everyone getting their panties in a bunch about if an undefeated CU gets in the ship, I'm more insulted that ESPN has us as an underdog to everyone going forward except OSU. What have they seen in UA that thinks they will beat us? Utah and WSU at home are predicted to beat us. That is disrespect for an undefeated team.

Their FPI had us finishing 2-10 to start the season. Its a farce.

Oh man do I want this team to come out on fire against USC and make the freshman QB uncomfortable and put on a show!!! I want to continue this RE-Rise and stay up with the big boys. I miss this type of respect, I hope it helps continue to bring all the fans back to the team. And since the Broncos are going to continue to struggle and the Rockies are done, there needs to be more and more attention on these really special young men.

I love it!!!

This is the reason I scream bloody murder every year about idiotic preseason rankings. Pig****ers like herbstreet & galloway are totally blowing off the PAC after week 5. There shouldn't be any ranking at all before week 6 or 7. I despise those scum.

This is the reason I scream bloody murder every year about idiotic preseason rankings. Pig****ers like herbstreet & galloway are totally blowing off the PAC after week 5. There shouldn't be any ranking at all before week 6 or 7. I despise those scum.
Hey MM, start blowing out opponents please...if CU needed bulletin board material, ESPN gave them some tonight.

Kirk and Race Davis just absolutely **** on UCF though. UCF is getting in if they're undefeated this year, and there's only three teams with fewer than 2 losses.

I like the optimism here, but I hope y’all don’t get yourselves so hyped up that you end up being disappointed if we win 9-10 games instead of the 13 y’all are hoping for. If we win 10 it’s been an amazing year. But just to add my two cents, IF we were to go undefeated there is absolutely zero chance we’re not in the playoffs.

I want a Pac 12 team in the CFP every single year. If that's not us, let's talk Rose Bowl first.

First off the idea that the NCAA would be bothered by having 5 undefeated teams or 5 one loss teams with one being left out is ridiculous. This thing is about the money and the attention. The discussion of that final four selection and of the team left out would keep them in the news cycle for weeks and be a repeated point of discussion for the following year.

Secondly right now CU gets no respect and deservedly so. Bad strength of schedule and no recent history. It isn't going to happen but if CU ends the season undefeated that won't matter. We will become the Cinderella story, the "coming out of nowhere" team that everybody loves. If there is a way to do it they would get us in the playoff.

They can talk all the scientific and numbers they want, the dollars drive it. Same reason why if they can figure out how to get Notre Dame in it they will because they know that the Irish equal a jump in ratings.

Their FPI had us finishing 2-10 to start the season. Its a farce.

Just like anything else, these "models" and "indices" have to all have a starting point, and that starting point is where the biases live. ESPN's model had us as 2-10 because their model was baselined with us being crap.

Their model has us losing to AZ, Wazzu, Utah, and Cal because those teams were baselined as being less crappy.

We are really ****ing ourselves with this SOS. Not sure if y’all have been counting, but CU opponents are 0-5 against CU. How are we going to have a strong SOS if we beat everyone we play? There are only 6 teams in the entire country who have a worse opponent record against themselves of 0-6. Bottom 7 SOS. ****.

FPI thought we'd go 2-10 this season. Currently thinks we'll win 1 more game to finish 6-6. **** ESPN!

Just like anything else, these "models" and "indices" have to all have a starting point, and that starting point is where the biases live. ESPN's model had us as 2-10 because their model was baselined with us being crap.

Their model has us losing to AZ, Wazzu, Utah, and Cal because those teams were baselined as being less crappy.
I mean, I get that, but their model apparently takes over half a season to correct that. Its a **** model.

Back