What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

Everyone getting their panties in a bunch about if an undefeated CU gets in the ship, I'm more insulted that ESPN has us as an underdog to everyone going forward except OSU. What have they seen in UA that thinks they will beat us? Utah and WSU at home are predicted to beat us. That is disrespect for an undefeated team.
Those odds will change. FPI Home page projection has CU going 8-4. That’s the real number.

I have a very difficult time accepting the idea we will only be favored in one game the rest of the year.

At home, we should be favored in all the remaining games, and possibly road games at Arizona and Cal.

It’s fhe most predictive power ranking going outside Vegas. It missed CU in the preseason. It’s now bullish.

What's funnier is their (ESPN does have people like Herbstreit-who actually watch games) continued reliance on FPI though-you've got a metric that missed so badly, and you're continuing to rely on it. Saying 1-6 is asinine to me-especially given what we have after Washington.

I have a hard time believing this team drops 4 out of the next 7 games. Holy hell will this place melt

Crazy how an 8 win season would be considered a failure... Love that there are 9-10 win expectations right now, instead of 8-9 win aspirations.
Yep. For example, we've already achieved my preseason expectation. I always really liked Laviska and Montez, but who knew they would both dominate like this? Knocking on wood.

Crazy how an 8 win season would be considered a failure... Love that there are 9-10 win expectations right now, instead of 8-9 win aspirations.
It would be disappointing in relation to what we’ve done so far, but I can’t bring myself to think of a 8 win season as being a failure on the whole. Preseason I hoped for 8 wins and anything above that is just icing on the cake. Keeping that perspective. It was important we get back to a bowl this year. We’ve surely done that, plus spent time in the top 25 with our time and a few players getting national attention. If we continue to succeed and stay in that national spotlight, great. But apart from a complete collapse from here on out, this season has already helped solidify the program’s rise.

It would be disappointing in relation to what we’ve done so far, but I can’t bring myself to think of a 8 win season as being a failure on the whole. Preseason I hoped for 8 wins and anything above that is just icing on the cake. Keeping that perspective. It was important we get back to a bowl this year. We’ve surely done that, plus spent time in the top 25 with our time and a few players getting national attention. If we continue to succeed and stay in that national spotlight, great. But apart from a complete collapse from here on out, this season has already helped solidify the program’s rise.
I agree, but I think it'd be disingenuous to think that expectations don't change as the season goes on. If CU had lost to Nebraska and ASU, they'd be 3-2 and I think the 6-7 win expectation most people had would be about right. At 5-0, however, I think people would be pretty disappointed if CU ended the season with 6-7 wins, even though we'd be playing a bowl game. At this point, 8 wins would be pretty meh to me, honestly. At this point, 9 wins is my expectation, as that is a 4-3 record in these last 7 games, which shouldn't be viewed as improbable by any means.

I agree, but I think it'd be disingenuous to think that expectations don't change as the season goes on. If CU had lost to Nebraska and ASU, they'd be 3-2 and I think the 6-7 win expectation most people had would be about right. At 5-0, however, I think people would be pretty disappointed if CU ended the season with 6-7 wins, even though we'd be playing a bowl game. At this point, 8 wins would be pretty meh to me, honestly. At this point, 9 wins is my expectation, as that is a 4-3 record in these last 7 games, which shouldn't be viewed as improbable by any means.
Of course, and I expect 9-10 at this point too. Just pointing out the optimistic perspective.

I have a hard time believing this team drops 4 out of the next 7 games. Holy hell will this place melt

Me included. I said 8 wins I think in the preseason. But we already have 5 after 5, I’m going to honestly be very disappointed if we only manage 3 more wins. Sure it’s 8 wins but the finish would tarnish the beginning.

I'd still be happy with 8. What's awesome is that anything more is a real possibility rather than just wishful thinking. So far this year feels much like 2016 did. It started with low expectations and then after the Oregon game, it got exciting and kept going. I'm excited now. When our might Buffs get past U$C, watch out! Back in the national spotlight. Recruiting! (Trying to keep my composure and not sound like Howard Dean...)

Last edited:
Back