What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

If Utah is eliminated from the division race but we're not, there's going to be a serious motivation gap in that game, especially with the Holy War coming up a week later.
So stregically, who are we rooting for tonight - Utah or Arizona? I feel like Utah is the better team, they just lost to better teams than Zona has played. But at the same time, I don’t want Zona sneaking up on the P12 South.

NW apparently has no idea how to run a 2 minute drill. No urgency. Passes all to the middle of the field with no timeouts. WTF.

Won’t be ranked nor should we be but plenty of opportunities to move back into the top 25, even with a loss next week.

Not sure what to believe about the team. The opponent always gets a vote and the USC defense played a major part in the offensive woes last night. But I never sensed that we played like we were capable of from a player or coach standpoint. Who knows, maybe we lose anyway, but we never gave ourselves a chance, at least offensively.

I thought the defense played well, to give that team only 24 points should have been good enough to win.

Not sure what to believe about the team. The opponent always gets a vote and the USC defense played a major part in the offensive woes last night. But I never sensed that we played like we were capable of from a player or coach standpoint. Who knows, maybe we lose anyway, but we never gave ourselves a chance, at least offensively.

I thought the defense played well, to give that team only 24 points should have been good enough to win.

Well said. Would have liked to have seen more of the stuff that Thompson-Robinson had trouble with from Eliot, but the D wasn't the issue. I want to get to at least the Alamo Bowl. Still wouldn't be shocked if SC loses to both Utah and ASU.

still ranked 25th in the coaches poll
ctY03cT.gif

USC lost to 1 top 10 and 1 top 25, then won 2 top25, and they are not ranked?

I don't understand the logic

USC lost to 1 top 10 and 1 top 25, then won 2 top25, and they are not ranked?

I don't understand the logic

Its because USC is not that good, they are poorly coached, and rely on athletes instead of sound play. We played horrible in so many ways and not in any way like we should have, and if you take away 2-3 jump balls thrown by Daniels, this is a much closer game, possibly a Buffs victory. The polls are giving us a redo, but if we decide to not come and play against Washington, we may never get back into the top 25.

SC is now 4-2 with wins over #19 CU and top 25 WSU and losses to top 10 (top 6?) Texas on the road and 4-2 Stanford on the road. They may not be an elite team, but maybe they aren’t as bad as we CU fans want to claim? They’ll be fringe top 25 and definitely top 25 when/if they beat Utah next weekend.

Btw, who are we rooting for in that? Utah since SC has the game in hand?

SC is now 4-2 with wins over #19 CU and top 25 WSU and losses to top 10 (top 6?) Texas on the road and 4-2 Stanford on the road. They may not be an elite team, but maybe they aren’t as bad as we CU fans want to claim? They’ll be fringe top 25 and definitely top 25 when/if they beat Utah next weekend.

I want to throw up for saying this but I would root for Utah since they already have two conference losses even if they are to teams in the North. Then just hope the division crown comes down to the game in Boulder.

USC is not elite, but they are very much in that 15-30 range with a lot of teams. People really want to bury teams left and right, but this year is really even across the board.

Back