What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

If the Buffs beat New Hampshire and UCLA and ASU doesn't lose then we could be looking at a Top 25 matchup in Folsom on October 6th.

Yeah, ASU is going to Seattle in 2 weeks. If they win that, then we'll have quite the battle on our hands.

:ROFLMAO: Ain’t it a luxury being in a position to speculate about going undefeated in Mid September?

While I agree with your analysis, the fantasy level is high. My absurd reply is that the FBI, NCAA, B1G and PAC-12 might make an unfavorable ruling on the 4th appeal of the bogus Adrien Zapruder Martinez film, causing CU to vacate the Nub victory, which allows the 3rd place SEC West school to get that final playoffs spot, and punches NU’s bowl ticket without Frost needing a makeup game against Akron. And the Rose Bowl committee snubs CU again because that’s what happened in 2016. :p

Meanwhile Laviska’s 1700 yards receiving & 30TDs places him solidly as the heisman runner up against Ohio State’s QB.

/TV$$$$bitterfanrant
Why does everyone keep leaving the CIA out of this? They're the conspiracy guys.

I think that's one thing we can pay attention to. This group is more than capable of beating anyone in the division, but I still root for the north in any cross division game we're not involved in. Stanford beating USC two years ago was what got us into the Pac 12 title game.
Always!

My ceiling for this team is/was 9 wins, as until they prove they can beat USC or UW, I will probably always chalk those two games up as auto losses. I throw a 3rd loss in there as this team inevitably having an off day against an equal opponent (yes, I believe CU is on par with every other team on the schedule save for SC and UW). That said, why throw a wet blanket on fans talking about 10+ wins?
From what I've seen of USC...:rolleyes:

I agree this could be the year, but until CU actually gets a win against them, I have a hard time picking that as a win... especially on the road.
I hate to say it, but that's how it was with Nebraska when I was growing up. We simply couldn't beat them or would do everything possible to lose, take your pick. Outside of the Orange Bowl runs, of course. Then, some game in 2001 :D. Really hope it's a 2001 type beatdown when we do get a W against them.

The world needs debby downers, too.

hqdefault.jpg
Trump doesn’t walk.

I hate to say it, but that's how it was with Nebraska when I was growing up. We simply couldn't beat them or would do everything possible to lose, take your pick. Outside of the Orange Bowl runs, of course. Then, some game in 2001 :D. Really hope it's a 2001 type beatdown when we do get a W against them.
While I was in college, Hagan went 19-0-1 against Big 8 competition, including 2-0-1 against the Nubs. **** those guys.

Should LSU be ranked #1 right now?

Forget last year or any preseason perceptions or preseason ranks.

They whipped Miami and then won at Auburn. No program has anything close to that resume.

Miami is not good.

Nor should we. I'm still not convinced we've played anyone tough. At this point, I'm not convinced we're going to get past UCLA. Hope I'm wrong.

We will beat UCLA, they aren't very good. We aren't great but we are a better team than they are. If we don't beat them then we have some hard questions to ask.

We will beat UCLA, they aren't very good. We aren't great but we are a better team than they are. If we don't beat them then we have some hard questions to ask.
We SHOULD beat UCLA. But let's face it, our wins, based on our opponents losses, do not instill much confidence in any of them being considered 'quality'. While UCLA may not be good, either are the nubs, the ewes, or the kitties. Is UCLA worse that any of those three? I don't think so.

Should LSU be ranked #1 right now?

Forget last year or any preseason perceptions or preseason ranks.

They whipped Miami and then won at Auburn. No program has anything close to that resume.
Not even close. They still aren't the least bit convincing.

Back