What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Arizona @ CU Game thread (Relevant)

I really don't see how it would imply I'm "taking college sports too seriously" when I've stated twice that I'd gladly accept a court storm for every game if it meant 11,064 at the Keg.

That said, rushing the court against that opponent is small-time. It's great that it's fun. It sucks to flatter Arizona like that.

Can someone clarify for me what the rule is when a player is rolling around on the ground with possession of the ball? Sometimes traveling is called and sometimes not? There was a play with around a minute left when this happened and it was a no call.

I often have the same question. And I asked it last night on that play in front of the CU bench. To me, the instant a player with possession roles or slides a foot on the floor it's a travel.

deleted racism
This is why I dislike U of A fans. They believe they are entitled. This has to be one of the dumbest posters ever. The idea that the PAC 12 refs would decide to throw a game in CU's favor before tip off -IN FRONT OF A NATIONALLY TELEVISED AUDIENCE - is the stupidest thing I have heard ever. To share on this board that there was a PAC 12 conspiracy against Arizona is....I'm LMAO! If he can't acknowledge that his team let him down and lost the game to us and that we actually took it to them. Then he will never be anything than a sore loser.
The fact is, the PAC 12 needs Arizona to remain strong so that the conference remains strong. Just like they need more teams like our Buffs to play well so that we as a conference can get as many into the Big Dance as we can. There is no need for a sore loser to run down our program.
When idiot fans from Arizona come here to trash us, it makes it really hard to not hate their program. I would rather choose to say they are a good basketball school and I'm glad we beat a very good opponent.
GO BUFFS!

I really don't see how it would imply I'm "taking college sports too seriously" when I've stated twice that I'd gladly accept a court storm for every game if it meant 11,064 at the Keg.

That said, rushing the court against that opponent is small-time. It's great that it's fun. It sucks to flatter Arizona like that.
We are small time. We're coming up a bit lately, but quit acting like we're Duke.

Saying we'll have made the tournament 4/5 years is "acting like we're Duke"? Interesting
No, saying that we are above rushing the floor after beating the perennial power in our conference is.

Let's hold off on saying we are too good for this or that until we actually win some games in March.

Last edited:
Are you crazy? Just stop it with the "Joe Cool-We don't do that sh*t" act ! And your 5-seed crap as well, no team in the country was as hot as AZ coming into Boulder.

How many times has ESPN showed court stormings by any number of teams/schools with higher rankings or longer rivalries than CU/AZ ?(Clue: frequently)

As for Miller's claim, I saw NO AZ players approached or taunted. Instead, they were clustered around the AZ bench and generally ignored by the d student horde. As noted elsewhere Miller's stoopid statement virtually sends his players the message that they have the green light from their coach to clock somebody, even if inadvertently touched.

Very bad thing! He should be fined for that crap.

It's the equivalent of rushing after beating Maryland or Michigan. Happens....sometimes.

I will add this to the storm the court debate. There was A LOT of pent up passion and frustration in the crowd last night. The referees hold much of the blame for that. UA could have easily had 12-15 fouls in both halves if the officials had called it tighter (better?). I think when the clock hit 0.0, that pent up emotion exploded and became a court rush. Hell, I rushed with my 13 year old dragging me behind him and the dude who sits next to us who's had season tickets for 30 years was flailing down the stairs right next to me to get out there. FTR - NO ONE had any interest in Miller and his players.

Can someone clarify for me what the rule is when a player is rolling around on the ground with possession of the ball? Sometimes traveling is called and sometimes not? There was a play with around a minute left when this happened and it was a no call.
You first have to have possession of the ball, for any travel to be called. In a lot of cases the player may not have possession, or deemed to not have possession. If you have possession on your back, you can not roll over onto your stomach, or vice versa. It's probably not called more often than it should.

Last edited:
It's the equivalent of rushing after beating Maryland or Michigan. Happens....sometimes.

I'm pretty positive that you and I are in the small minority on this board with respect to this topic...and from what I recall from a similar thread several years ago after we stormed the field after beating Baylor in football...I think we should just give up trying to argue. Snide responses to us aside; opinions will be different from ours.

Great win last night - glad to see the kids (also the adults, so glad I didn't stick out so much when we decided to stand up last night) had fun. Hopefully the students keep supporting the program, next year too, because they may really need the fans.

On an unrelated topic - why are the students so high up in the seats? This has bugged me for awhile now, and yesterday shows how much the atmosphere could be better if we had those rabid kids closer to the court. I understand that ticket sales may factor into this, but if the students' voices could be heard right next to an inbounds pass, it'd really add to the intensity. Izzone, Crazies, Phog, many other great venues - students are NOT pushed to just behind one basket.

I don't remember seeing Duke ever rush the floor unless they won the Natty. I'm sure it happened at one point but they win so much they expect to.

AZ is THE Pac12 basketball school , was ranked in the top ten, and had won 7 straight or something like that .CU has had a nice run under Tad but the tourney championship doesn't make us above storming the court. I wonder if the Duke/Unc fans rush the court on upsets? Should Cody Hawkins not have been carried around like C-3P0 in Return Of The Jedi after the Oklahoma upset? An unranked vs. ranked upset is badass no matter the sport , location, or prestige and they should always be celebrated accordingly

Honestly - let kids be kids. If they want to storm the court and celebrate with their fellow students, let them.

What does it really matter?

If someone somewhere says that it shows that we're Johnny come latelys, who gives a ****.

I'm kind of old school conservative on this by nature. I'm not a "storm the court" guy. When I played, I wasn't someone who got emotional even if I hit a game winning shot. Some people would say that comes off as arrogant, but where it comes from is total expectation that the team would win, shot would go in, etc. Why go crazy celebrating what you expected to happen?

But I have come to accept that not everyone is as pathological on this as I am. There will be games when students rush the court (or field) after a win. Cool. As long as they don't cause an injury or incident with the opposing team, I'm on board with letting them have their fun.

In fact, I submit that we should take it to the next level. I don't want to be splitting hairs on when it's appropriate to rush and when it's not. So just make it a CU tradition for all sports. When the Buffs win, students rush the court (or field) to celebrate with the team. Make it a CU thing. Make people hate us for it. Make it something that gets bitched about on other message boards. Make it something so annoying that the media folks write articles about it, talk about it on Pac-12 Network, ESPN, FS1, and CBSSN. Make it something that opposing coaches bitch about. Make it something that's in the heads of opposing players who give quotes before playing CU that they want to prevent a rush.

And give me 50 students who earned a trip to Vegas rushing the court after every Pac-12 Tourney win, along with all other fans who make the trip.

We are CU fans... the classless assholes who rush after ever ****ing win!

This needs to happen.

Beating a ranked team as an unranked team in football is far different from beating a ranked team at home in basketball. Home teams win 70% of conference games. Within the last week we saw winless in conference Minnesota knock off #6 Maryland.

Again, if it brings the students out
out, great. That outweighs looking like
the equivalent of CSU storming when they beat us.

I'm kind of old school conservative on this by nature. I'm not a "storm the court" guy. When I played, I wasn't someone who got emotional even if I hit a game winning shot. Some people would say that comes off as arrogant, but where it comes from is total expectation that the team would win, shot would go in, etc. Why go crazy celebrating what you expected to happen?

But I have come to accept that not everyone is as pathological on this as I am. There will be games when students rush the court (or field) after a win. Cool. As long as they don't cause an injury or incident with the opposing team, I'm on board with letting them have their fun.

In fact, I submit that we should take it to the next level. I don't want to be splitting hairs on when it's appropriate to rush and when it's not. So just make it a CU tradition for all sports. When the Buffs win, students rush the court (or field) to celebrate with the team. Make it a CU thing. Make people hate us for it. Make it something that gets bitched about on other message boards. Make it something so annoying that the media folks write articles about it, talk about it on Pac-12 Network, ESPN, FS1, and CBSSN. Make it something that opposing coaches bitch about. Make it something that's in the heads of opposing players who give quotes before playing CU that they want to prevent a rush.

And give me 50 students who earned a trip to Vegas rushing the court after every Pac-12 Tourney win, along with all other fans who make the trip.

This needs to happen.

This sounds so much better than stealing other team's chants. I ****ing hate the I believe that we will win chant. Even if it was ours it would be stupid but we stole it.

This needs to happen.
I like that approach, I was very similar. Surprise surprise, I liked to let you know about it too. Learning your mom or sister's name before the game was always held in high regard. I expected to win but oh I talked ****.

Beating a ranked team as an unranked team in football is far different from beating a ranked team at home in basketball. Home teams win 70% of conference games. Within the last week we saw winless in conference Minnesota knock off #6 Maryland.

Again, if it brings the students out
out, great. That outweighs looking like
the equivalent of CSU storming when they beat us.
Minnesota rushed the court.

Great game by Collier. His stat line isn't flashy, but he controlled the pace and didn't turn the ball over. Very encouraged to see him play this way against top competition.

The guys against storming the court are the type of guys who pass on 8s hoping to bring home the 10 they haven't even talked to

I'm just so glad that tool Miller decided to whine to ESPN ... our win is getting more press today than it ever would have. And by and large, the general sentiment is not "look at the dumb CU fans, storming the court" but rather "what a whiny bitch that AZ coach is ... he just gave his kids license to punch someone."

And maybe the players expected to win, but the fans sure as hell didn't. Very few on this board did ... 1-2 was the expectation for our last 3, with ASU being the win. So given the many late-game collapses we've had this year, this was genuinely a surprising win. Well deserving of a court storming. Great to see some enthusiasm again at the Keg.

they were a top 10 team... if you are unranked and beat a top 10 team at home... i think its ok to rush the court

It's more than that. CU had been unable to beat a ranked team for some time. The close shaves against ISU and SMU have been haunting the program all season long.

Arizona and CU were down to a buzzer beater in McHale a few years ago. Then Arizona completely destroyed CU during game day in Boulder and have maintained scoreboard since. Up until last night when Tad's team finally looked like the kind of team everyone fell in love with during Tad's first 3 years.

Last night was about hope for getting back to where we were before Spencer Dinwiddie's injury at UDub two long years ago.

Back