What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

So, in their next scrimmage (summer, of course), does that mean their amazing defense will only get 20 sacks?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm still thinking 22 sacks, and rushing of -50, so some major improvement by the offense.

If our Dline is "decimated" what is CSU's? CSU is now down Capi, Paulhus, Tucci, and James. Better hope fat ass Tonga qualifies

Don't you see, coach McRibs will simply shake the talent tree that is CSU summer school sessions A & B and simply find some high quality D-1 ready d-linemen. Buff boots will quake at their sight. Some of the previously undescovered rams will even lift weights. The ham and egger o-line will perform famously against these hard chargers in the scrimage, but they will wilt in the bright lights of Denver.

All I know is while I have total faith in our staff to do their job in this game, they better not pull a Barnett/Halk CSU game plan.

All I know is while I have total faith in our staff to do their job in this game, they better not pull a Barnett/Halk CSU game plan.

My biggest fear is that the Buffs read all the press leading up and completely overlook CSU at the same time as CSU plays the game of their lives. CSU knows that they are going to suck this year. They have no hope of winning their conference and realistically don't even dream of winning enough to get a bad bowl game.

With all that CSU knows that to their fans if they cam pull out the stops and beat CU then all is well and it is a successful season, no matter what happens the rest of the season.

I hope that Embree can convince the team that they need to treat this game like they are in danger of losing something that is truly theirs. Go out and play to their abilities and smash CSU early and often. Not only make this game a laugher but send a message to CSU that no matter how hard they prepare and play CU gets to determine the outcome, not CSU.

Mtn, I don't think CU has been successful enough to develop that kind of hubris. I see a very young and hungry Buff team taking the field. Their inexperience will be exposed when they are outmanned next season, but the lambs won't be one of the teams to out man them.

Mtn, I don't think CU has been successful enough to develop that kind of hubris. I see a very young and hungry Buff team taking the field. Their inexperience will be exposed when they are outmanned next season, but the lambs won't be one of the teams to out man them.

I hope you are right but we have had years in the past when CSU came in entirely focused and CU didn't, the results weren't what we wanted to see.

As bad a CSU is going to be CU cannot just show up and count on winning. They will get CSU's game of the year and it is possible for CU to let themselves get beat if they aren't ready.

I hope you are right but we have had years in the past when CSU came in entirely focused and CU didn't, the results weren't what we wanted to see.

As bad a CSU is going to be CU cannot just show up and count on winning. They will get CSU's game of the year and it is possible for CU to let themselves get beat if they aren't ready.

Agreed, but I think these guys and this staff are well aware of how precious and few wins have been. We will see if the fruits of new culture Embree has been instilling in this team. And I don't see the ram staff as being some laser focused juggernaut. They are a bunch of carpetbaggers compared to how much skin the CU staff has personally in this game.

My biggest fear is that the Buffs read all the press leading up and completely overlook CSU at the same time as CSU plays the game of their lives. CSU knows that they are going to suck this year. They have no hope of winning their conference and realistically don't even dream of winning enough to get a bad bowl game

"Navy scares me to death."

Mainly Barnett, as much as it pains me to say this, CSU is the only team that we played every year that Halk had a winning record over. 2009 in Boulder is really the only shocking loss we took under Hawkins. The '06 game was not that big of a deal seeing how we just lost to Montana state.

Mainly Barnett, as much as it pains me to say this, CSU is the only team that we played every year that Halk had a winning record over. 2009 in Boulder is really the only shocking loss we took under Hawkins. The '06 game was not that big of a deal seeing how we just lost to Montana state.

This. The beat-down to open the season in 2000 or 1999, where CSU was up by like three touchdowns at the half to a significantly better CU team... no excuses for that ****. I think CU went on to crush BC in a bowl game that year.

This. The beat-down to open the season in 2000 or 1999, where CSU was up by like three touchdowns at the half to a significantly better CU team... no excuses for that ****. I think CU went on to crush BC in a bowl game that year.

Then we went on to lose to CSU 41-14 the next year I believe. Most infuriating part of the Barnett era was those damn CSU games.

Barnett's teams underperformed early in the season. FACT! See Colorado v. Fresno State in Boulder.

agreed. WTF is wrong with some people.

happens at all schools. well, all ages anywhere to be frank. people get lubed up on the booze and want to be the life of the party and do something stupid. most times its harmless. other times, you get this. its just darwin at work.

happens at all schools. well, all ages anywhere to be frank. people get lubed up on the booze and want to be the life of the party and do something stupid. most times its harmless. other times, you get this. its just darwin at work.

100% of what presents itself in an emergency room is, in one way or another, sperm related.

100% of what presents itself in an emergency room is, in one way or another, sperm related.

reminds me.... one time i should have been stupid. at a bar in vero beach, fl with all my fly school buddies. they had 150 bucks on the table for me to jump in the pool that not one single person was in, in my clothes.

no danger involved. we were on the deck. all i had to do was just take a small leap into the pool and collect 150 dollars.

i declined. :bang:

that was like half a weeks pay right there. :lol: stupid booze makes you do stupid ****. although, i was never much of a showman. :smile2:

reminds me.... one time i should have been stupid. at a bar in vero beach, fl with all my fly school buddies. they had 150 bucks on the table for me to jump in the pool that not one single person was in, in my clothes.

no danger involved. we were on the deck. all i had to do was just take a small leap into the pool and collect 150 dollars.

i declined. :bang:

that was like half a weeks pay right there. :lol: stupid booze makes you do stupid ****. although, i was never much of a showman. :smile2:
Vegetarian Vagina.

I needed a good laugh today so thank you Ramnation.

One thing he was asked is why we
should support this when we play what will soon become essentially a
D2 schedule. His answer was essentially, in the Pac12 there is
Washington & Washington State, Oregon & Oregon State, Arizona &
Arizona State, Colorado and ??? Then he basically said that Utah was
in the same place we were a few years ago and if we invest in this
stadium we will have the ability to make that jump. Our academics is
as good or better then most of the PAC12 so we would be able to
recruit with the best of them

http://www.ramnation.com/message_board/athletics/2012/May/10/1361520.php

Truthfully, their academics are probably good enough for the Pac12. However, their analogy is false.

Washington & Washington Sate
Oregon & Oregon State
Arizona & Arizona State
Colorado & Utah

I also find it interesting that they're already planning a Phase 2......don't count your chickens lambies.... They are fubared if the Big12 goes back to 12 with Clemson and FSU (or any other myriad of teams that the Big12 would take)

The lambies need to understand that Larry Scott is their worst enemy for expansion into the Pac 12. They are a huge negative investment monetarily from a media contract perspective. No invites for them.

Edit: The grammar displayed in the statement about academics is pretty funny.

The lambies need to understand that Larry Scott is their worst enemy for expansion into the Pac 12. They are a huge negative investment monetarily from a media contract perspective. No invites for them.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

That is why I bolded (be bolded if you will) that line.

So I read the whole post. What I am still trying to figure out is their overall strategy to get a BCS invite that they seem to view as a slam dunk.

Every single one of their senior management types in their AD has little to no experience outside of CSU, let alone at BCS schools. Their AD is learning on the job. Their president had a brief stint as a professor at Oregon State over two decades ago, otherwise his resume is all CSU. Then you have their coaching staff. Yes, McElwain has his experience from Bama and a few others have limited BCS experience, but most of the staff has limited 1-A experience, let alone BCS experience. This is the group that is supposed to lead them to the promised land? The credibility with potential peers in a new conference is severely lacking.

So I read the whole post. What I am still trying to figure out is their overall strategy to get a BCS invite that they seem to view as a slam dunk.

Every single one of their senior management types in their AD has little to no experience outside of CSU, let alone at BCS schools. Their AD is learning on the job. Their president had a brief stint as a professor at Oregon State over two decades ago, otherwise his resume is all CSU. Then you have their coaching staff. Yes, McElwain has his experience from Bama and a few others have limited BCS experience, but most of the staff has limited 1-A experience, let alone BCS experience. This is the group that is supposed to lead them to the promised land? The credibility with potential peers in a new conference is severely lacking.

Apparently the LSU Chancellor is the lead candidate for the CSU Chancellor job

Back