What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

I've never seen anyone as delusional as gasm :lol:

are-you-not-entertained.gif

Easily your worst team in this millenium

Obviously you haven't heard of Chuck Fairbanks and the nasty blue he made us wear. You know i typically enjoy posters from other schools. We even have some CSU fans that post here regularly. You though piss me off every time i read your bull ****. I cannot wait for CU to pummel you guys... Can't wait.

I would not call Gasm delusional, it's more he just does not know much of what he is talking about. Delusion would be a step up in knowledge .

GASM help me with something, CSU has gone 3-9 for three straight seasons, ****** right? CU is allegedly going to lose, in large part, because CSU has experience all over the field, but at the same time CSU had a ton of guys miss most of the season with injuries last year.

So tell me: how experienced can CSU be if your best guys have all missed most of the season with injury? Given your record the last 3 years against an embarrassingly weak schedule, it seems you have basically a team full of terrible, injury-prone players. It doesn't seem like your regular starters or you backups are capable of winning games so how can you be so confident going into a season with a team full of experienced losers?

Just wow. I know logic isn't your forte, but man. This is terrible.

Lets use a syllogism to break this down like so:

Major Premise: All things in Group A are also in Group B
Minor Premise: All things in Group B are also in Group C
Conclusion: All things in Group A are also in Group C

Syllogism according to 'Gasm:

Major Premise: Only pussies get injured
Nwoke isn't a pussy, he won't get injured

Minor Premise: CSU lost the 5th most starts in Division I last year due to injuries. (Also, nice spelling of 'lost'. you sure you can read?)
I'm not going to break down each game.

Another point leading to an improved team is that we had the 5th most starts lossed to injury last year. Pretty much impossible to match that, so improved health on the team will help also

Conclusion: Rather than "CSU's team is a bunch of pussies" like it should be, it's 'We're gonna win 6 or 7 games this year'

But what do I know. I may or not be able to read.

Minor Premise: CSU lost the 5th most starts in Division I last year due to injuries. (Also, nice spelling of 'lost'. you sure you can read?)

Conclusion: Rather than "CSU's team is a bunch of pussies" like it should be, it's 'We're gonna win 6 or 7 games this year'

Great post. I suspect we won't be seeing Gasm reply to your logic.

Philosophy major? :lol: awesome post though. Rep when I get home.

End thread.

I will let the season play out before making that leap. We've had some very bad teams. Last years team was probably the worst I've seen, talent wise. Depends entirely on the frosh class.

Let's not forget DII Danny's first rodeo in 2006.

The BJax team was poor

that team had a pretty dang good d that year though. i would not mind having that D this year.

anyway....

The formula for this game has gotten pretty easy to predict in recent history. Basically, which ever team (a) controls the line of scrimmage, (b) runs effectively, and (c) hits a few play action plays - will win the game. If you go back and look at the rushing statistics for this game they tell the story. Since 2008 the losing team in this game has been outrushed (as a team) by an approximate 2-1 margin. In fact, no team has passed for more than 300 yards since the 2003 game. This years version of the RMS looks very similar to me. Whoever wins the ground game will likely win the game. IMO.

Last edited:
The formula for this game has gotten pretty easy to predict in recent history. Basically, which ever team (a) controls the line of scrimmage, (b) runs effectively, and (c) hits a few play action plays - will win the game. If you go back and look at the rushing statistics for this game they tell the story. Since 2008 the losing team in this game has been outrushed (as a team0 by an approximate 2-1 margin. This years version of the RMS looks very similar to me. Whoever wins the ground game will likely win the game. IMO.
It must hurt having Gasm represent the rams on this board. SOlid post.

The formula for this game has gotten pretty easy to predict in recent history. Basically, which ever team (a) controls the line of scrimmage, (b) runs effectively, and (c) hits a few play action plays - will win the game. If you go back and look at the rushing statistics for this game they tell the story. Since 2008 the losing team in this game has been outrushed (as a team) by an approximate 2-1 margin. In fact, no team has passed for more than 300 yards since the 2003 game. This years version of the RMS looks very similar to me. Whoever wins the ground game will likely win the game. IMO.

Spot on analysis. This game is won in the trenches.

Spot on analysis. This game is won in the trenches.

No question about it. In 2009 CSU was very effective in the trenches. In 2011, CU's fourth quarter was a clinic on how you ground and pound your way to a victory. It's sort of what this game has become in recent memory.

No question about it. In 2009 CSU was very effective in the trenches. In 2011, CU's fourth quarter was a clinic on how you ground and pound your way to a victory. It's sort of what this game has become in recent memory.

That's impossible. We had 5'6 Rodney Stewart out there

And this makes sense with the lack of real game changers at the skill positions for both teams over the years - especially QB.

Yup. I think it is because neither team has really had the talent on the outside. Although we were talented at WR last year, our receiver corp was really meh early on outside of Richardson (at least, until Clemons came on).

Back