What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread: CU v Oregon State, 1pm MT kickoff, P12N

They've been okay on offense, setting aside being down to their 3rd string QB for the game (which is a huge problem for any team). That defense, though.. :eek:

upload_2018-10-24_10-41-30.png

I would like to see us reverse our offensive strategy of RBs right up the middle and WRs always outside. Let's try and bounce Travon to the outside of the tackles a few times and hit some receivers coming across the middle. We've been so one-dimensional lately.

Do not trust our offense without Viska. Do not trust our depth in the secondary. Do not trust MM to run up the score if we are up 17 in the 4th.
There are quite a few options on offense at the receiver position, specifically against a team like OSU who is flat out terrible on defense and won't be able to exploit our issues up front.

I'd still like to see Noyer / Stenstrom / Lytle get ANY serious reps other than hand off up the middle, up the middle, up the middle PUNT!

But we all know that won't happen, because "we don't run up the score"

I hope Mac gets up on Oregon State and doesn't run a pass the entire second half just to see everyone here bitch even more about pointless ****.

I hope Mac gets up on Oregon State and doesn't run a pass the entire second half just to see everyone here bitch even more about pointless ****.
Our offense is a well oiled machine. We DEFINITELY don't any practice, at all, especially not for our 2nd string WR / OL - I mean they'll never play in a game this year, amirite?

I don't consider never getting your backup QBs many throws outside of an injury to the starting QB to be a pointless gripe.
Lytle missing out on 7-8 passes in the second half of a game you are up by a ton, against a really ****ty team, doesn't really mean anything for development other than fans like to bitch about everything.

Lytle missing out on 7-8 passes in the second half of a game you are up by a ton, against a really ****ty team, doesn't really mean anything for development other than fans like to bitch about everything.
It's about finding out what you have in the fridge before all the stores are closed and you're forced to eat it.

So you're saying that it doesn't matter what kind of experience a guy can get, it won't matter until he's the full time starter?

That's why you don't wait until 7 mins left in the 4th Q to put him in.

Up 21 in the 2nd? new QB
Up 27 first drive of the 3rd? BU QB.

Leave the 1st sting O in, let your QB get some ACTUAL experience.

It's about finding out what you have in the fridge before all the stores are closed and you're forced to eat it.
Coaches know what they have in the fridge from being at countless amounts or practices with kids, not by what he does against the 128th ranked defense in the country in garbage time.

So you're saying that it doesn't matter what kind of experience a guy can get, it won't matter until he's the full time starter?
I am saying that the difference between Lytle throwing 8 passes in the second half vs 2 is one of the dumbest things to bitch about that I have seen on this board. He is in the game, he is running the offense and milking clock to get out of the stadium with a W and the least amount of injuries as possible. Throwing the ball a ton and extending the game is pretty pointless.

Coaches know what they have in the fridge from being at countless amounts or practices with kids, not by what he does against the 128th ranked defense in the country in garbage time.
I disagree.

From everything we've been told Noyer is deadly accurate in practice and has a great cadence with the offense, when he is wearing the green no contact jersey. That hasn't translated to his time in live fire. Put Lytle in the game and let him run the offense against a P5 team.

That's why you don't wait until 7 mins left in the 4th Q to put him in.

Up 21 in the 2nd? new QB
Up 27 first drive of the 3rd? BU QB.

Leave the 1st sting O in, let your QB get some ACTUAL experience.
Yeah I am going to pass on leaving the first string out there in garbage time, that is a dumb move.

I disagree.

From everything we've been told Noyer is deadly accurate in practice and has a great cadence with the offense, when he is wearing the green no contact jersey. That hasn't translated to his time in live fire. Put Lytle in the game and let him run the offense against a P5 team.

We hammer them the way I think we will they'll both play.

Back