What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

That is once the greatest things I have seen live on a football field.

982d2-vickers.gif

So, was this sportsmanship? What about the headspike?

you can't really compare these two events.. One was physical domination as the play finished. The other was a douche throwing a football after the play had been over.

you can't really compare these two events.. One was physical domination as the play finished. The other was a douche throwing a football after the play had been over.

Riiiight. Depends on which colored glasses your wearing.

"Sorriest 6th ranked team ever" - BVP

Look forward to next year then, 3rd game for us, I assume the same for you. I'll go with the theory that we'll be warmed up too.

If I was a CSU fan, I'd be glad it's not the opener next season. You lose a bit from not getting the roll of the dice on turnovers, penalties, special teams gaffes and trick plays (working or backfiring) that are more common in openers. But you'll be breaking in a new starter at QB while we'll have Sefo beginning his 3rd year as a starter. You're probably better off in that situation by having a couple weeks to get your feet wet.

Either way, Buffs should be heavy favorites in 2015.

ok dullard, how about your boy running to the bus the next year when his ass was handed to him in his senior year? lots of swag there, daddy-o.

Not really. There is nothing physically dominating about boinking a football off of somebody's helmet. It is the defense that is supposed to make the hit, not the other way around. Vickers, while handling the ball, grabs the guy who is supposed to stop him and throws him to the turf like a rag doll, and completes the play by scoring a touchdown. Complete. Domination.

You do realize that BVP was effectively insulting his own team. He pretty much was stating that CSU couldn't hang with a 6th ranked team.

Last edited:

Serious question?

Not even comparable. The CSU defender made a hit on Vickers after he entered the endzone and Vickers finished.

Van Pelt's was simply poor sportsmanship. Do you really not see the difference?

I see Vickers basically punching (debatable) a guy in the throat after he scored the touchdown, then taunting. I see BVP taunting a guy who was about to tackle him in the end zone, I don't think the ball was supposed to hurt the guy.

Both poor sportsmanship. Both, no big deal. But, it does add to the rivalry.

I find it funny that to CU fans one is the greatest thing ever and one is the worst thing ever. Get out your green and gold glasses and enjoy the headspike a little.

I see Vickers basically punching (debatable) a guy in the throat after he scored the touchdown, then taunting. I see BVP taunting a guy who was about to tackle him in the end zone, I don't think the ball was supposed to hurt the guy.

I find it funny that to CU fans one is the greatest thing ever and one is the worst thing ever. Get out your green and gold glasses and enjoy the headspike a little.
Vickers didn't have poor sportsmanship on that play. He finished a run and sent a message. The other was just van ahole being just that.

Your parochialism is unreal.

You realize:

a. That the defender was attempting to tackle Vickers.

b. That the stiff arm is a thing in football.

c. That football is a physical sport.

Van Pelt's spike in the face wasn't intended to hurt anybody, I concur. It was just bad sportsmanship. I'm not sure how you can compellingly allege the same in Vicker's case.

I think it's telling that ramfan, who appears to have a normal human level of intelligence, isn't coming to Dullardram's aid in this argument.

I've been summoned, so here are my thoughts. Both acts occurred as a result of a defender making contact in the end zone, once the score was already made. Both acts - the head spike and the throwing the player to the ground - weren't necessary. However, the spike wasn't related to an actual football move while the ram toss came in connection with the usage of the truck stick. I'd say there is an element of less than perfect sportsmanship to the Vickers play but the BVP play is worse. I could revise that statement depending on the amount of taunting done by Vickers afterwards, if any, which isn't shown in the gif.

I've been summoned, so here are my thoughts. Both acts occurred as a result of a defender making contact in the end zone, once the score was already made. Both acts - the head spike and the throwing the player to the ground - weren't necessary. However, the spike wasn't related to an actual football move while the ram toss came in connection with the usage of the truck stick. I'd say there is an element of less than perfect sportsmanship to the Vickers play but the BVP play is worse. I could revise that statement depending on the amount of taunting done by Vickers afterwards, if any, which isn't shown in the gif.

For reference, this shows the rest of the play:

[video]https://vine.co/v/hi6tWibQpEO[/video]

He did a mostly restrained little dance that was related to the touchdown, not the state of the physically defeated CSU player.

But with the ram fan initiating a tackle, how Vicker's supposed to respond? Honest question?

Oh that's fine. He celebrated and was fired up but didn't do anything towards the guy he just ruined. I stand by original assessment. Obliterating a guy standing on or just inside the goal line is completely fine. I maintain that the push afterwards wasn't necessary so perfect sportsmanship can't be awarded, but it's not as bad as spiking the ball off someone's face mask.

Ramfan, you seem like a decent guy. However, this is football not ballet. Van mofo was the ass. Vickers was finishing a run, coaches tend to like a rb that does that in the red zone. You are entitled to your opinion.

Indeed. To be clear, I am not at all upset at this play and have never referenced it as an example for why I want CSU to win. In fact, I had forgotten this play even happened - tried to block it from memory maybe. On the flip side, I don't think I would care about the face spike either if I were a CU fan but I realize BVP did other things that would aggravate the CU fan base.

Back