What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

Coloradoan ran an article about how the DPD will be there in force this year with tons of plain clothes officers handing out MIP's... to keep people safe, of course.
Well ****. That underage tailgate probably isnt the greatest idea huh.

Funny how lambs never want to answer about van puss's disappearing act. Gutless is as gutless does.

After your hero got run off the field his senior season he booked it to the bus rather than back up the **** he talked before the game. Then he showed up at the CU -KSU game and stayed on the KSU sideline with a flag for a cape. He must have been bad luck. CU won that game too.

Just so everybody here is aware, tonight is the first pregame pep rally on the Pearl Street Mall. The team, cheer, band, and AD will be there tonight starting at 7pm at the court house.

Thought there would have been a little more publicity on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So been out for a week. What did I miss? I saw Henington's injury. Any rumblings from CSU of overconfidence or from CU about extreme focus and MM "turning it on?" TIA

Well ****. That underage tailgate probably isnt the greatest idea huh.

Nah you're good, just don't walk around the gate with a handle and you'll be fine (and don't be an ass if a cop asks you to put it down)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So been out for a week. What did I miss? I saw Henington's injury. Any rumblings from CSU of overconfidence or from CU about extreme focus and MM "turning it on?" TIA

CSU fans and local media all calling for a Ram win.

Buffs have been very quiet and businesslike about it while giving no bulletin board material.

Not much hype coming from the CU side.

CSU fans and local media all calling for a Ram win.

Buffs have been very quiet and businesslike about it while giving no bulletin board material.

Not much hype coming from the CU side.

Also, BuffLuke is ranting incoherently about something.

If it was a "classic" I believe more people would start watching it. If we could get on ESPN (not U or 2) I would be ok with the game. And yes I do enjoy the Marshall/WVU game. Thats a classic rivalry.

You know what? I don't give a **** about some of the classic rivalries, either.

Michigan - Ohio State is a big deal. But I won't go out of my way to watch these two teams that do nothing for me.
Oklahoma-Texas. I've seen a bunch of em. But I don't give a **** more often than not.
i've never got caught up in the Holy War, Bedlam, or the Iron Skillet. USC and Notre Dame - I wouldn't jump off a balcony to save 'em if either were drowning in an apartment pool.

The magic of a rivalry game is being there in person. More so if you have some kind of rooting interest. The TV version is watered down and mostly just another football game.

You know what? I don't give a **** about some of the classic rivalries, either.

Michigan - Ohio State is a big deal. But I won't go out of my way to watch these two teams that do nothing for me.
Oklahoma-Texas. I've seen a bunch of em. But I don't give a **** more often than not.
i've never got caught up in the Holy War, Bedlam, or the Iron Skillet. USC and Notre Dame - I wouldn't jump off a balcony to save 'em if either were drowning in an apartment pool.

The magic of a rivalry game is being there in person. More so if you have some kind of rooting interest. The TV version is watered down and mostly just another football game.

great point. traditional rivals only really matter to the fans of the teams involved. i won't go out of may to watch any of those games unless it's an important game that season.

great point. traditional rivals only really matter to the fans of the teams involved. i won't go out of may to watch any of those games unless it's an important game that season.

We're the only two who give a **** about a certain rivalry here, I reckon :nod:

After your hero got run off the field his senior season he booked it to the bus rather than back up the **** he talked before the game. Then he showed up at the CU -KSU game and stayed on the KSU sideline with a flag for a cape. He must have been bad luck. CU won that game too.

"Run off the field", classic! Great back and forth game, cu and Klatt got the best of it. Congrats.

"Booked it to the bus", I am not familiar with that story, don't deny it. But, who cares? Did you expect him to come out and bow down to the almighty buff fans after a loss? Whatever.

"cape" at a Cu KSU game? Really? I remember him at a CSU -Cu game, but KSU? That's freakin awesome, you gotta love the guy! Seriously, if Kordell showed up at a KSU vs Nebraska game wearing a bison cape, you'd think that was pretty cool! Come on, be honest.

No, if kordell showed up in the middle of nebraska or kansas wearing a cape, I would wonder what the **** was wrong with him.

"Run off the field", classic! Great back and forth game, cu and Klatt got the best of it. Congrats.

"Booked it to the bus", I am not familiar with that story, don't deny it. But, who cares? Did you expect him to come out and bow down to the almighty buff fans after a loss? Whatever.

"cape" at a Cu KSU game? Really? I remember him at a CSU -Cu game, but KSU? That's freakin awesome, you gotta love the guy! Seriously, if Kordell showed up at a KSU vs Nebraska game wearing a bison cape, you'd think that was pretty cool! Come on, be honest.

I can't even begin to reconcile your line of thinking with my own. It's a very strange view of the world you hold, to my way of thinking.

Which part?

The Kordell thing. I'd be really embarrassed for him, and I suspect the majority of our fanbase would feel the same. I get the lovable eccentric thing, but that would cross some boundaries of obsession in my opinion.

Also, I still can't get past your comparison of the Vickers' hit and Bradlee's face spike.

At least we have an in state rival, unlike, say, Minnesota

True. But at least they have real rivalries against conference (P5) foes - I.e Wisconsin (Paul Bunyan's Axe). Series recordMinnesota leads, 59–56–8.
3 game difference. They've played 123 times dating back to 1890. Largest win. Minnesota, 63-0 (1890).
That's a rivalry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True. But at least they have real rivalries against conference (P5) foes - I.e Wisconsin (Paul Bunyan's Axe). Series recordMinnesota leads, 59–56–8.
3 game difference. They've played 123 times dating back to 1890. Largest win. Minnesota, 63-0 (1890).
That's a rivalry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long story, but I wasn't talking about CU as "we". Anyway, I completely agree CSU isn't a real rival.

The Kordell thing. I'd be really embarrassed for him, and I suspect the majority of our fanbase would feel the same. I get the lovable eccentric thing, but that would cross some boundaries of obsession in my opinion.

Also, I still can't get past your comparison of the Vickers' hit and Bradlee's face spike.

Did BVP really do the KSU thing? This first I've heard of this. So, my opinion is based on only what I've heard here, so I take it with little grain of salt. But, it is kind of funny and not embarrassing. I can see you point, just slightly disagree.

BVP vs Vickers hit, all I said is both were slightly unsportsmanlike. BVP maybe a little more (if I take off my g&g glasses). But neither is a big deal, it's all part of a rivalry or football. Really, it makes it fun, nobody was hurt or even intended to be. Get over it.

Back