What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime Expectations

Assuming administration keeps him happy, I anticipate he'll be here for 3 years. Anything past that will be a bonus in my eyes.

Bowl game year 1. (probably 6-6ish)
Top 4 in P10 year 2 (bowl win)
P10 champion in year 3 (and in the playoffs)

National championship by year 5 is not out of the question.

Last edited:
It shouldn’t really be that hard to win more games than you lose in the PAC 12. Even though we have made it look like a significant accomplishment lately. That’s where my expectations start in 2023- win more than you lose. After that, I would expect the program to improve from year to year to achieve a level of success of 9-11 wins every year.
I also really don’t expect Prime to stick around for more than 3 years. He doesn’t appear to be the kind of person who can settle into one place and make himself a permanent fixture there. He will find another challenge and will move on. I’m totally ok with that so long as he elevates the program to the point where sustained success is not only possible, but expected.

I feel as though he will stay at CU until he has won a Championship, whether it’s a conference or national championship. The caveat to that would be if he reaches a point where he truly feels he’s reached his potential here and can’t take the program further.

Recruiting would be the only thing in my mind that could possibly keep him from achieving his goals. Can he actually recruit top 5 classes to Colorado without being able to offer the alleged $1-$2m bags to many of the 5* recruits?

The 2024 class will be a good litmus test and will likely determine just how far he can take this program

I feel as though he will stay at CU until he has won a Championship, whether it’s a conference or national championship. The caveat to that would be if he reaches a point where he truly feels he’s reached his potential here and can’t take the program further.

Recruiting would be the only thing in my mind that could possibly keep him from achieving his goals. Can he actually recruit top 5 classes to Colorado without being able to offer the alleged $1-$2m bags to many of the 5* recruits?

The 2024 class will be a good litmus test and will likely determine just how far he can take this program
CFB as a whole is so fluid right now. The issues that teams are dealing with currently (conference realignment, TV dollars, NIL) might be sorted out in 3-5 years and be a non-issue. I doubt CFB as a whole decides to ignore the issues going on right now.

Winning a championship would be one helluva story. I could see how that would be enticing to CP.

2023: 6-6 and any bowl game
2024 - ?: 8/9 wins each year and a warm weather bowl game

CFB has changed so much that my expectations are pretty simple. I just want to get back to the days where I was planning my holidays around a nice vacation to watch my beloved Buffs compete, play some golf and get away from the cold.

We have a lot of expectations but this next year is going to be really hard. Taking a quick look with the silver and black glasses off:

I would think:
Should win: Arizona, Stanford, Colorado St
Other wins: Nebraska
Losses: TCU, Arizona St, Oregon St, USC, Oregon, UCLA, Utah and Washington St

I think it will be hard getting past 5 wins this year with this schedule. But I do think TCU and ASU will be ones which we can pull off the upset. Prime just needs to beat Nebraska and CSU and focus on recruiting this year. We need a few good classes to make us into a new PAC-12 power.

I’d be thrilled with 6-6 in 2023. But as prime keeps getting elite players into the program I don’t see any reason he can’t win a natty in 5 years.

Assuming administration keeps him happy, I anticipate he'll be here for 3 years. Anything past that will be a bonus in my eyes.

Bowl game year 1. (probably 6-6ish)
Top 4 in P10 year 2 (bowl win)
P10 champion in year 3 (and in the playoffs)

National championship by year 5 is not out of the question.
IF the admin keeps him happy, he retires at Colorado. That would entail substantial financial backing for Prime on par with the most elite programs in the country.

We have a lot of expectations but this next year is going to be really hard. Taking a quick look with the silver and black glasses off:

I would think:
Should win: Arizona, Stanford, Colorado St
Other wins: Nebraska
Losses: TCU, Arizona St, Oregon St, USC, Oregon, UCLA, Utah and Washington St

I think it will be hard getting past 5 wins this year with this schedule. But I do think TCU and ASU will be ones which we can pull off the upset. Prime just needs to beat Nebraska and CSU and focus on recruiting this year. We need a few good classes to make us into a new PAC-12 power.
I appreciate your objectivity, but we just got:

4 Star Heisman caliber QB transfer
#1 transfer in the country
Revamped OLine
2 stud DE transfers
Transfer starting S
Plug and play freshman RB
and a **** ton of WR talent

A Sean Lewis offense and some D coaches who know what the **** they are doing.

book it, 7+ wins

I appreciate your objectivity, but we just got:

4 Star Heisman caliber QB transfer
#1 transfer in the country
Revamped OLine
2 stud DE transfers
Transfer starting S
Plug and play freshman RB
and a **** ton of WR talent

A Sean Lewis offense and some D coaches who know what the **** they are doing.

book it, 7+ wins
I understand where you are going but we should set up realistic expectations and unlike basketball football is a major thing.

Shedur Sanders has played against 1 FBS team in two years. That was a ULM team which beat him 12-7 (ULM was a bad team also in the SBC). Sanders went for 28/41 with a TD and 1 INT. He had 9 rushes for -5 yards. This is the same team that went 11-2. PAC-12 defenses even bad ones are usually a lot more talented then what Sanders has seen/faced along with a quicker game.

Travis Henry is a stud and will be maybe the best player at CU in over a decade.

OL/DE transfers should help out a lot. But again it takes time to get the OL/DL to gel. Revamp OL is nice but also a new system is another thing to considered in how fast the unit gets going. Silmon will be good but he was a 2 star guy coming out of HS and hasn't gotten a chance to play at the FBS level so we will see how his speed/coverage transitions into PAC-12 football.

A lot of talent coming in with RB and WR but again just like the JSU players it is a different ballgame in HS compared to College.

Sean Lewis will make the offense really fun. The OL is the most important part of getting it running and then having 90+ plays will make home field advantage a real thing. I think it will take 2 years for us to see the offense really dominating

I expect a top 10 recruiting class for 2024. That's the biggest, most immediate thing for me.

6-6 would be great, and we'll have an even better handle on how attainable that is after February signing day.

Things will take off in '24 though in regards to winning games.

I am not sure if I see 6 wins in year one. That schedule is really tough. I would be very happy with 4-5 wins

Back