What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime Expectations

Lower ceiling than MM huh? Interesting take
Fine. 10. I forgot about that extreme outlier. It’s possible all the bounces could go one way. I don’t expect it before Sanders moves on.

challenging for PAC championships much less National champs. You need to recruit successfully against the top programs consistently.

the coaching staff is improved, but I don’t see it as top 20.

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

My take:

It really depends on the rest of their roster, if they land most of the guys they are currently targeting, they should have a shot in every single game to win.

Right now:

QB - Depth, if Sanders goes down, they have one true FR but what if he's not good. I do like Weisman if they can sign him. Note: I didn't realize two QBs stayed
RB - I like the young depth but they need an RB1. Edwards was a terrific signing.
WR - They signed a lot of quality depth but who's WR1, WR2, Slot WR1 and Slot WR2. With Jordyn Tyson hurt and Travis playing both sides, this needs to be answered. If Travis is WR1, that's fine. They must sign Jimmy Horn Jr. and Kevin Coleman Jr. Those two are critical.
TE - This is where it's really really bad. They are trying to sign Seydou Traore who's On3's #2 TE and Arik Gilbert which would turn this into a strength.
T - They signed Jatta and Washington so they got talent now. They already got depth but one to two more quality tackles can help a lot.
C - They are really good right here. Van Wells was a Fr All-American and has NFL potential. They got depth here and signed a good HS kid.
G - I still think they need to add here. I like Tommy Brown. They added a kid from JSU who's very consistent. But they need to add more.

Defense
DT - They got one kid who's like a six-year senior who's good. After that, it goes DOWNNNNN Hill. They need to add here. They added a couple of kids in the portal but they need more depth for sure. This is very weak.
EDGE - They added some really good kids here but they need more. The trenches are a weak area.
LB - They have been adding a lot of depth but I think they got starters in place that could hold from the previous team talent-wise. They just need depth and they have been adding it.
CB - Depth is the biggest issue here and they added a lot of it. They added a CB1 but still need a CB2.
S - They need some starters and added Cam which covers one spot. Shilo and Huggins are expected to join and help. They already have depth but those were starters last year and shouldn't have been.

K - Mata from JSU is expected to join. They got a decent kicker already but not as good as Mata.
P - They badly need a punter.

Targets # by position

QB - 1
RB - 0
WR - 3
TE - 3
OL - 3
DT - 4
EDGE - 2
LB - 1
CB - 1
S - 2
K - 1
P - 1

For the most part, the team is complete. I expect them to land their targets at:

QB - 1 - Yes
RB - 0
WR - 3 - Yes, all three
TE - 3 - They need two out of three. Could land all three if they wanted to.
OL - 3 - I am expecting 1 out of 3. There is a chance none will sign with CU.
DT - 4 - This is more of a need than actual targets whereas the others are actual targets.
EDGE - 2 - I expect them to land 1 of the 2.
LB - 1 - Toss-up, not counting on it.
CB - 1 - We all know this is McClain, we will see if this happens.
S - 2 - Huggins and Sanders are likely to join Prime at Colorado
K - 1 - Mata is likely to join CU.
P - 1 - I am not sure if the HS kid will commit as he will be a PWO and he has gotten full offers from D2. So I am not sure here.
LS - 1 - I know he's bringing the kid from JSU with him to CU.

They filled a lot of their needs already but still got some remaining.

As things are right now: The OL is right there with everyone else in the PAC-12. You got a legit C/G with Wells and Brown. Adding Tyler Brown gives you a very consistent G. Savion Washington already fits the scheme and he's good at both pass/run blocking. Jatta has legit NFL talent but with top-end talent-level JUCO guys, I am always in prove-it mode with them. The talent is obvious but they have to play in a scheme, if they do, they look like 1st rounders, if they don't, they end up rotational at best.

The WR room has depth but could add more. I question the top-end talent in the room for now. Of course, this could change soon. I am also not including Travis as a WR outside of certain formations. If he is a FT WR and CU's WR1, that changes A LOT. Gives CU what they lack the most, a WR1. WR1 is not in the portal this year unless you are talking about Hunter.

The RB has depth. Right now, we don't have a #1 but maybe Edwards is their #1. Edwards fits exactly into Lewis's system so maybe Edwards is RB1.

The QB room still has two QBs left with Shrout and Carter with Sanders. Plus you got the freshman from Cali, you got a very good QB room. I would like to see one more freshman QB. This is good.

The TE is loaded with TE3 and rotational run-blocking guys. Not ideal for a G5 much less any P5.

Overall, the offense isn't great but it has upside. The OL and QB is the strength. Of course, with some signings, the WR/TE room could be insane. Currently, CU personnel compares favorably to UCLA. Not quite in the same convo as Washington, USC, or Oregon for 2023. Utah could end up losing a lot so I am just watching them from afar and seeing how they hit the portal. If they can land some high-end WR/TE players, that puts them right there with USC, Washington, and Oregon on offense.

Defense is where I think they are average for now whereas offense is good and extremely close to pretty good depending on Jordyn Tyson's status.

DL - This room just lacks too much depth. I do like some of the adds. I see a lot of instant players added but the depth just isn't here.

LB - They have talent here, just no stars but how Coach Hart uses his LBs, it's all about reaction time and the DL is key to his LBs. He's all about intelligence and reaction time with his personnel. I like the guys from 2023 class that they added.

DB - I really didn't like the front-line guys but there is talent within this group. They just need time to develop. They got talent though, need to develop. Adding Cam Silmon-Craig and Travis Hunter to Trevor Woods is going to be nice. Obviously, Shilo is also coming and maybe Higgins as well. Nikko Reed showed some good things but I wonder if he's better as a slot corner. I still think CB2 needs to be addressed. Either in the portal or by Cormani McClain.

Overall, the defense is average which is a major upgrade over last year's terrible one. The lack of studs is notable on the front 7 but you don't need studs, you need solid players with a lot of depth to be good. To be excellent or elite, you need studs. As of right now, the only stud is Travis Hunter. Studs are hard to come by. Pac-12 defenses hardly have em.

Stud list for PAC-12:
Oregon
Noah Sewell
Christian Gonzalez
UCLA
Laiatu Latu
Gabriel Murphy
USC
Mekhi Blackmon
Tuli Tuipulotu
Calen Bullock
Utah
Clark Phillips III
Sione Vaki
Washington
Bralen Trice
WAZZU
Chau Smith-Wade
Stanford
Kyu Blu Kelly

As I said, studs are hard to come by for this conference on the defensive side. If you got just one, you are feeling good about yourself. Teams like UGA have 7 studs on the field at all times on D.

If they can improve their depth in the portal. That would go a long way. Depth is critical for defense. JSU DL wasn't anywhere near as talented this year as last year but they had the same impact as they had a lot more depth. All of that depth was gone in the NC game and they got railed. Depth is the most critical need in college football with the pace of the game in today's era. Also, not having depth guys in starting positions. That's a killer and having a scheme that doesn't fit the personnel is another killer.

I currently project this team to be better than 2022 WAZZU for this upcoming year. They were 7-5 and lost in the bowl game to Fresno to finish 7-6. If they can get more defensive depth, especially on the DL, they could be a good defense that WAZZU had in 2022 and push them to the upper tier of the PAC. So much about Colorado offense is about who else they land. They just ended up with Miller but they need Coleman Jr and Horn Jr just as bad. If Hunter is WR1, they will be right there for best offenses in the nation. That would actually give Colorado a chance to be the best team in the Pac-12 on paper. This is all on paper. We need to see how this works in the spring.

Offense - Good, compares to 2022 UCLA
Defense - Average, compares to 2022 USC

Potential
Offense - Very good
Defense - Solid (Above Average)

If they land who they are targeting

Offense - Excellent
Defense - Good

I don't think it's out the question Colorado can win the Pac and make the playoffs if they continue to strike big in the portal/HS recruiting.

Considering Colorado's schedule and the quality of QB play in the PAC in 2023, this will be tough no matter what.

Based on the portal/grad, here is my current projections in the PAC

1st tier - 2-3 losses at most.

1t. Oregon - Best overall team but I question the defense in 2023.
1t. USC - Defense is looking even more mid coming into 2023 than 2022 but the offense might be the best in the nation.
3. Washington - The best defense in the PAC-12 with a lethal passing game. They are a tad too one-dimensional but they are legit.

2nd tier - 4-6 losses.

4t. UCLA - Losing a lot of good players but entered the portal and replaced them to a degree. They are losing some studs on the OL but they should be good enough to still be a contender for the Pac-12 title even if they aren't likely to win it.
4t. Colorado - The most improved team so far in the Pac-12 looks good on paper, as good as 2023 WAZZU at this point but can they produce with such a new roster like USC and some others did who hit the portal hard.
4t. Utah - The Pac-12 champs are a 1st tier team if Rising returns or they land a big-time QB in the portal. But they are losing a lot of talent to the draft but no one in the PAC develops as well as Utah at this time.
4t. WAZZU - With an expected good defense and average offense, they should be even better in 2023 than in 2022. They really shocked people in 2022 but won't be shocking anyone in 2023.

3rd tier - bad to awful teams

8t. Cal - Killed by portal but is killing it with offers in the portal. Just waiting to see the results. I still expect them to be at least bad but not awful, that said, they look awful right now.
8t. Arizona - Colorado of last year where they got murdered in the portal. I don't think they will overcome this. At least they got De Laura and Cowing so they will be able to put up some type of numbers.Since Cowing is back, I pushed them 8t.That's not an awful team. Awful teams don't have a legit NFL prospect.
10t. Stanford - Looks awful and will likely be awful.
10t. Arizona St. - Killed in the portal and didn't even need to be killed.

The bottom of the Pac-12 could be brutal in 2023. You might have three 2022 Colorados. These teams are getting murdered in the portal and aren't recruiting to where they are replacing it or even coming close.

12/24/2022

Edit: Oregon State - unrated. I need time to evaluate them and they haven't been raided like the bottom 4 and they played well as a collective last year. Let me see. They most definitely tier 1 or 2. I'll add them to the next update right after the spring game. Adding D.J. gives them a talented QB. D.J. numbers in a clean pocket is exceptionally good and OSU OL is one of the best in the Pac-12 as most OL are good in the Pac-12 as the pass rushing in the Pac-12 is bad and the run defense isn't much better. D.J. could have a breakout year like Penix and Nix.

I hate to say this but Shedeur and D.J. will be doing their happy dance as the time they will have in the pocket will be something else. In the SWAC, most DLs are much better than the OLs. In the ACC, it's about even. In the Pac-12, it's very QB friendly.

Last edited:
My take:

It really depends on the rest of their roster, if they land most of the guys they are currently targeting, they should have a shot in every single game to win.

Right now:

QB - Depth, if Sanders goes down, they have one true FR but what if he's not good. I do like Weisman if they can sign him. Note: I didn't realize two QBs stayed
RB - I like the young depth but they need an RB1. Edwards was a terrific signing.
WR - They signed a lot of quality depth but who's WR1, WR2, Slot WR1 and Slot WR2. With Jordyn Tyson hurt and Travis playing both sides, this needs to be answered. If Travis is WR1, that's fine. They must sign Jimmy Horn Jr. and Kevin Coleman Jr. Those two are critical.
TE - This is where it's really really bad. They are trying to sign Seydou Traore who's On3's #2 TE and Arik Gilbert which would turn this into a strength.
T - They signed Jatta and Washington so they got talent now. They already got depth but one to two more quality tackles can help a lot.
C - They are really good right here. Van Wells was a Fr All-American and has NFL potential. They got depth here and signed a good HS kid.
G - I still think they need to add here. I like Tommy Brown. They added a kid from JSU who's very consistent. But they need to add more.

Defense
DT - They got one kid who's like a six-year senior who's good. After that, it goes DOWNNNNN Hill. They need to add here. They added a couple of kids in the portal but they need more depth for sure. This is very weak.
EDGE - They added some really good kids here but they need more. The trenches are a weak area.
LB - They have been adding a lot of depth but I think they got starters in place that could hold from the previous team talent-wise. They just need depth and they have been adding it.
CB - Depth is the biggest issue here and they added a lot of it. They added a CB1 but still need a CB2.
S - They need some starters and added Cam which covers one spot. Shilo and Huggins are expected to join and help. They already have depth but those were starters last year and shouldn't have been.

K - Mata from JSU is expected to join. They got a decent kicker already but not as good as Mata.

Targets # by position

QB - 1
RB - 0
WR - 3
TE - 3
OL - 3
DT - 4
EDGE - 2
LB - 1
CB - 1
S - 2
K - 1
P - 1

For the most part, the team is complete. I expect them to land their targets at:

QB - 1 - Yes
RB - 0
WR - 3 - Yes, all three
DT - 4 - This is more of a need than actual targets whereas the others are actual targets.
P - 1 - I am not sure if the HS kid will commit as he will be a PWO and he has gotten full offers from D2. So I am not sure here.

As things are right now: The OL is right there with everyone else in the PAC-12. You got a legit C/G with Wells and Brown. Adding Tyler Brown gives you a very consistent G. Savion Washington already fits the scheme and he's good at both pass/run blocking. Jatta has legit NFL talent but with top-end talent-level JUCO guys, I am always in prove-it mode with them. The talent is obvious but they have to play in a scheme, if they do, they look like 1st rounders, if they don't, they end up rotational at best.

The WR room has depth but could add more. I question the top-end talent in the room for now. Of course, this could change soon. I am also not including Travis as a WR outside of certain formations. If he is a FT WR and CU's WR1, that changes A LOT. Gives CU what they lack the most, a WR1. WR1 is not in the portal this year unless you are talking about Hunter.

The RB has depth. Right now, we don't have a #1 but maybe Edwards is their #1. Edwards fits exactly into Lewis's system so maybe Edwards is RB1.

The QB room still has two QBs left with Shrout and Carter with Sanders. Plus you got the freshman from Cali, you got a very good QB room. I would like to see one more freshman QB. This is good.

The TE is loaded with TE3 and rotational run-blocking guys. Not ideal for a G5 much less any P5.

Overall, the offense isn't great but it has upside. The OL and QB is the strength. Of course, with some signings, the WR/TE room could be insane. Currently, CU personnel compares favorably to UCLA. Not quite in the same convo as Washington, USC, or Oregon for 2023. Utah could end up losing a lot so I am just watching them from afar and seeing how they hit the portal. If they can land some high-end WR/TE players, that puts them right there with USC, Washington, and Oregon on offense.

Defense is where I think they are average for now whereas offense is good and extremely close to pretty good depending on Jordyn Tyson's status.

DL - This room just lacks too much depth. I do like some of the adds. I see a lot of instant players added but the depth just isn't here.

LB - They have talent here, just no stars but how Coach Hart uses his LBs, it's all about reaction time and the DL is key to his LBs. He's all about intelligence and reaction time with his personnel. I like the guys from 2023 class that they added.

DB - I really didn't like the front-line guys but there is talent within this group. They just need time to develop. They got talent though, need to develop. Adding Cam Silmon-Craig and Travis Hunter to Trevor Woods is going to be nice. Obviously, Shilo is also coming and maybe Higgins as well. Nikko Reed showed some good things but I wonder if he's better as a slot corner. I still think CB2 needs to be addressed. Either in the portal or by Cormani McClain.

Overall, the defense is average which is a major upgrade over last year's terrible one. The lack of studs is notable on the front 7 but you don't need studs, you need solid players with a lot of depth to be good. To be excellent or elite, you need studs. As of right now, the only stud is Travis Hunter. Studs are hard to come by. Pac-12 defenses hardly have em.

Stud list for PAC-12:
Oregon
Noah Sewell
Christian Gonzalez
UCLA
Laiatu Latu
Gabriel Murphy
USC
Mekhi Blackmon
Tuli Tuipulotu
Calen Bullock
Utah
Clark Phillips III
Sione Vaki
Washington
Bralen Trice
WAZZU
Chau Smith-Wade
Stanford
Kyu Blu Kelly

As I said, studs are hard to come by for this conference on the defensive side. If you got just one, you are feeling good about yourself. Teams like UGA have 7 studs on the field at all times on D.

If they can improve their depth in the portal. That would go a long way. Depth is critical for defense. JSU DL wasn't anywhere near as talented this year as last year but they had the same impact as they had a lot more depth. All of that depth was gone in the NC game and they got railed. Depth is the most critical need in college football with the pace of the game in today's era. Also, not having depth guys in starting positions. That's a killer and having a scheme that doesn't fit the personnel is another killer.

I currently project this team to be better than 2022 WAZZU for this upcoming year. They were 7-5 and lost in the bowl game to Fresno to finish 7-6. If they can get more defensive depth, especially on the DL, they could be a good defense that WAZZU had in 2022 and push them to the upper tier of the PAC. So much about Colorado offense is about who else they land. They just ended up with Miller but they need Coleman Jr and Horn Jr just as bad. If Hunter is WR1, they will be right there for best offenses in the nation. That would actually give Colorado a chance to be the best team in the Pac-12 on paper. This is all on paper. We need to see how this works in the spring.

Potential
Offense - Very good

Offense - Excellent
Defense - Good

I don't think it's out the question Colorado can win the Pac and may the playoffs if they continue to strike big in the portal/HS recruiting.

Considering Colorado's schedule and the quality of QB play in the PAC in 2023, this will be tough no matter what.

1t. USC - Defense is looking even more mid coming into 2023 than 2022 but the offense might be the best in the nation.
3. Washington - The best defense in the PAC-12 with a lethal passing game. They are a tad too one-dimensional but they are legit.

2nd tier - 4-6 losses.

4t. UCLA - Losing a lot of good players but entered the portal and replaced them to a degree. They are losing some studs on the OL but they should be good enough to still be a contender for the Pac-12 title even if they aren't likely to win it.
4t. Colorado - The most improved team so far in the Pac-12 looks good on paper, as good as 2023 WAZZU at this point but can they produce with such a new roster like USC and some others did who hit the portal hard.
4t. Utah - The Pac-12 champs are a 1st tier team if Rising returns or they land a big-time QB in the portal. But they are losing a lot of talent to the draft but no one in the PAC develops as well as Utah at this time.
4t. WAZZU - With an expected good defense and average offense, they should be even better in 2023 than in 2022. They really shocked people in 2022 but won't be shocking anyone in 2023.

8t. Cal - Killed by portal but is killing it with offers in the portal. Just waiting to see the results. I still expect them to be at least bad but not awful, that said, they look awful right now.
8t. Arizona - Colorado of last year where they got murdered in the portal. I don't think they will overcome this. At least they got De Laura and Cowing so they will be able to put up some type of numbers.Since Cowing is back, I pushed them 8t.That's not an awful team. Awful teams don't have a legit NFL prospect.

The bottom of the Pac-12 could be brutal in 2023. You might have three 2022 Colorados. These teams are getting murdered in the portal and aren't recruiting to where they are replacing it or even coming close.

12/24/2022

TL;DR for now. But definitely worth a like.

My take:

Right now:

Defense

Targets # by position

QB - 1
RB - 0
WR - 3
TE - 3
OL - 3
DT - 4
EDGE - 2
LB - 1
CB - 1
S - 2
K - 1
P - 1

QB - 1 - Yes
RB - 0
WR - 3 - Yes, all three

Stud list for PAC-12:
Oregon
Noah Sewell
Christian Gonzalez
UCLA
Laiatu Latu
Gabriel Murphy
USC
Mekhi Blackmon
Tuli Tuipulotu
Calen Bullock
Utah
Clark Phillips III
Sione Vaki
Washington
Bralen Trice
WAZZU
Chau Smith-Wade
Stanford
Kyu Blu Kelly

Potential
Offense - Very good

Offense - Excellent
Defense - Good

I don't think it's out the question Colorado can win the Pac and make the playoffs if they continue to strike big in the portal/HS recruiting.

2nd tier - 4-6 losses.

12/24/2022
Thank you for joining us. Please don't ever stop!

My take:

Right now:

Defense

Targets # by position

QB - 1
RB - 0
WR - 3
TE - 3
OL - 3
DT - 4
EDGE - 2
LB - 1
CB - 1
S - 2
K - 1
P - 1

QB - 1 - Yes
RB - 0
WR - 3 - Yes, all three

Stud list for PAC-12:
Oregon
Noah Sewell
Christian Gonzalez
UCLA
Laiatu Latu
Gabriel Murphy
USC
Mekhi Blackmon
Tuli Tuipulotu
Calen Bullock
Utah
Clark Phillips III
Sione Vaki
Washington
Bralen Trice
WAZZU
Chau Smith-Wade
Stanford
Kyu Blu Kelly

Potential
Offense - Very good

Offense - Excellent
Defense - Good

2nd tier - 4-6 losses.

12/24/2022

Edit: Oregon State - unrated. I need time to evaluate them and they haven't been raided like the bottom 4 and they played well as a collective last year. Let me see. They most definitely tier 1 or 2. I'll add them to the next update right after the spring game. Adding D.J. gives them a talented QB. D.J. numbers in a clean pocket is exceptionally good and OSU OL is one of the best in the Pac-12 as most OL are good in the Pac-12 as the pass rushing in the Pac-12 is bad and the run defense isn't much better. D.J. could have a breakout year like Penix and Nix.

I hate to say this but Shedeur and D.J. will be doing their happy dance as the time they will have in the pocket will be something else. In the SWAC, most DLs are much better than the OLs. In the ACC, it's about even. In the Pac-12, it's very QB friendly.
Tough to see Gonzalez and Blackmon listed as PAC 12 “studs”.

One observation with the OOC-its significantly easier. We're trading Minnesota (who obliterated us twice) for Nebraska. I don't think I need to say anything more here....do I? We're trading Air Force (one of the most disciplined teams in America who is a total pain in the ass to play) for CSU (god-awful MWC team that might win 3-4)? Sign me the **** up. I'm not trying to b_walk anything here, but I expect 2-1 out of that OOC.

Conference opponents-Arizona's gotta come here. We beat them with an offense worth a damn last year, and probably get them this year. ASU's winnable. Close game last year-and Kenny Dillingham I'm not sold on. Utah's Utah. They are a pain in the ass to play and will remain so until Kyle Whittingham retires. UCLA's winnable. USC? I wouldn't rule it out. They're going to be better-but they're going to have to earn it in a way they haven't in years past given they're done after next year, but they could finish 9-3 or 10-2. They're getting everyone's best shot, and I can't imagine they want to deal with a road trip to play Deion Sanders and Colorado in November of next year. We trade Stanford for Cal-basically one bad team for another......and then play three of the four NW schools (doesn't Oregon fall off?). They're all a ****ing nightmare.

One observation with the OOC-its significantly easier. We're trading Minnesota (who obliterated us twice) for Nebraska. I don't think I need to say anything more here....do I? We're trading Air Force (one of the most disciplined teams in America who is a total pain in the ass to play) for CSU (god-awful MWC team that might win 3-4)? Sign me the **** up. I'm not trying to b_walk anything here, but I expect 2-1 out of that OOC.

Conference opponents-Arizona's gotta come here. We beat them with an offense worth a damn last year, and probably get them this year. ASU's winnable. Close game last year-and Kenny Dillingham I'm not sold on. Utah's Utah. They are a pain in the ass to play and will remain so until Kyle Whittingham retires. UCLA's winnable. USC? I wouldn't rule it out. They're going to be better-but they're going to have to earn it in a way they haven't in years past given they're done after next year, but they could finish 9-3 or 10-2. They're getting everyone's best shot, and I can't imagine they want to deal with a road trip to play Deion Sanders and Colorado in November of next year. We trade Stanford for Cal-basically one bad team for another......and then play three of the four NW schools (doesn't Oregon fall off?). They're all a ****ing nightmare.

Gonzalez must have struggled at Colorado. He had a heck of a season at Oregon and he's buzzing as a potential top 10 pick
He did well on a bad defense. As did blackmon. That's why they got to transfer to top teams. I kid you not a year ago these kids were posting on Twitter and begging for NIL deals. At that time our AD and coach were refusing to play the game.

He did well on a bad defense. As did blackmon. That's why they got to transfer to top teams. I kid you not a year ago these kids were posting on Twitter and begging for NIL deals. At that time our AD and coach were refusing to play the game.
those 2 were about the only guys on the team at the time that we could look at and immediately see nfl potential, cgo particularly. i don't blame anyone for running from kd and the broken program.

wish them well except against us....

also, travis hunter.

At the moment, on 12/25/22, I can’t see that 6th win very easily. But I do see some method to the way the offense looks to be constructed. Two of
Shedeur’s strengths seem to be a quick release and quick reads, and flooding the field with 4 high skill WRs in theory moves the ball very effectively. It also helps a lot to negate any shortcomings in pass protection.

The only caveat I have is that the game speeds of defenses, and the DBs skills in particular in the PAC12, are going to be so much more pronounced than anything Shedeur has ever seen that there’s going to be an adjustment curve. The game the Buffs are betting on is getting the best 4 young WRs on the field early on and taking the best advantage of Shedeur’s early reads and quick releases. Hence the seeming over emphasis on WR recruitment. There needs to be a few home runs there and I suspect there are.

I keep coming back to the fact that the SWAC is not a high level FCS conference even as FCS goes and these guys have not played against good competition week in and out. Having said that, there’s a high level of football IQ going into how the Prime Buffs are being constructed and it’s going to be really interesting and fun to watch it play out. If you think you’ve seen basketball on grass before, you probably ain’t seen nuthin’ yet. In 2023 it will work better in some games than in others. JMHO on Xmas day 2022…..

I find saying things like, “I can’t see a 6th win” very odd right now. There are likely going to be single digit returning starters, if any, next year.

Predicting a season game-by-game is largely nonsense anyway as A LOT can and will change during the season, but it's particularly idiotic 9 months in advance when no one really knows what the team is gonna look like.

I find saying things like, “I can’t see a 6th win” very odd right now. There are likely going to be single digit returning starters, if any, next year.
That’s a good thing. But you’re replacing them with a fair number of non-P5 players who have never played together, along with SWAC guys. Hey, getting 4 or 5 wins with another 1-3 games being very close will be a huge improvement and a recruiting and coaching success. I’m very on board. But right now I think that 2023 will have some nice successes but also some speed bumps.

That’s a good thing. But you’re replacing them with a fair number of non-P5 players who have never played together, along with SWAC guys. Hey, getting 4 or 5 wins with another 1-3 games being very close will be a huge improvement and a recruiting and coaching success. I’m very on board. But right now I think that 2023 will have some nice successes but also some speed bumps.

You are not replacing them with anyone, we are bringing in guys who excelled in the SWAC and were highly recruited and guys who stood out for G5 schools.

Yes, but CU football has actually been fairly easy to predict most years for people who are being objective, but this year is unpredictable

But that's because we were mostly garbage and hopeless against anyone who could be called at least solid or competent.

If I had to put money on it right now, I would say there are only 4 starters returning next year that started this year.

Van Wells at C
One of: Naim Rodman or Jalen Sami at DT
Tommy Brown at a guard spot
Derek Bedell at Long Snapper lol

At the moment, on 12/25/22, I can’t see that 6th win very easily. But I do see some method to the way the offense looks to be constructed. Two of
Shedeur’s strengths seem to be a quick release and quick reads, and flooding the field with 4 high skill WRs in theory moves the ball very effectively. It also helps a lot to negate any shortcomings in pass protection.

The only caveat I have is that the game speeds of defenses, and the DBs skills in particular in the PAC12, are going to be so much more pronounced than anything Shedeur has ever seen that there’s going to be an adjustment curve. The game the Buffs are betting on is getting the best 4 young WRs on the field early on and taking the best advantage of Shedeur’s early reads and quick releases. Hence the seeming over emphasis on WR recruitment. There needs to be a few home runs there and I suspect there are.

I keep coming back to the fact that the SWAC is not a high level FCS conference even as FCS goes and these guys have not played against good competition week in and out. Having said that, there’s a high level of football IQ going into how the Prime Buffs are being constructed and it’s going to be really interesting and fun to watch it play out. If you think you’ve seen basketball on grass before, you probably ain’t seen nuthin’ yet. In 2023 it will work better in some games than in others. JMHO on Xmas day 2022…..
These are the worst type of posts. I hate them and I don't want to disrespect you but if you want to talk about the SWAC, at least be accurate. I took many hours to watch a lot of full Pac-12 games beyond the fact that I watch the Pac-12 in general with just the rumor of Prime to the Pac-12 to the point I try to be as honest as possible. This post right here is not it my friend. It's disrespectful and off the rip, I know you don't watch the SWAC and sound like an idiot from Reddit.

The SWAC defenses aren't trash. If anything the SWAC DLs are far better than their OLs. Their top-end LBs and DBs are really good and can play. The issue with the SWAC is depth. Mostly every team lacks a lot of depth. Especially in the trenches. They tend to be undersized but they have a lot of ability. That and QB play, it's really bad on average. It's hard to be a good QB in the SWAC. The DLs are always better than the OLs and your schemes aren't the most creative as you don't have the highest Football IQ so you can't be too creative with play design on average so it's not that easy at all. It's very difficult. It's not the Southland or Big Sky, and it's definitely not the Missouri Valley where the OLs dominate the DLs.

There is going to be a learning curve for anyone playing at a lower level to a higher level, that includes Sanders, Hunter, Jatta, Horn Jr, etc. That said, the game speed isn't much different. The size is and his personnel is going to be much better. I'll go so far to say he will have more success at Colorado than at Jackson State. Superior playcaller. He didn't have that option available at JSU because what offensive mastermind would want to go to JSU where you are limited due to the OL and many of the best talent having issues doing more than 1v1, post, and go routes. The OL at Colorado is superior at pass blocking. Even the guys added are good players. He got excellent weapons around him.

You just need to know Shedeur's game to know how he will adjust. Elite pre-snap reads - similar to Jake Fromm. Excellent at quick reads. Very accurate at all four levels. Good arm strength. Improved his mobility to the point where he's closer to a balanced QB even though he's still a pocket passer. His biggest issue which are holding the ball too long and throwing on the run can be mitigated in the Pac-12 as we seen with Nix and Penix Jr.

I would say, I would worry about a transition to the SEC where it's like the SWAC but with studs. That's a lot harder but in the Pac-12. If anything, it would be easier. If you are questioning Sanders, you need to question Hunter and Coleman as well. The fact that you didn't mention them tells me you don't know what the hell you are talking about and just talking foolish ish. Sorry, but I don't like people talking on ish they have no clue of when they could just ask people who do which would be much better.

You are not replacing them with anyone, we are bringing in guys who excelled in the SWAC and were highly recruited and guys who stood out for G5 schools.
Not to get into the weeds too much but the top third of the teams in both the FCS conferences Big Sky and Missouri Valley would have destroyed JSU in actual games. Sorry, but that’s just a fact. We’ll see how the G5 guys play out.

I’m also factoring in the surprising improvement for a majority of PAC12 teams last year. Next years games are probably going to be pretty fast for a lot of the new Buffs. Next year will be fun and full of hope but we’ll be rockin’ in ‘24. The OOC games get lighter after next year too….

These are the worst type of posts. I hate them and I don't want to disrespect you but if you want to talk about the SWAC, at least be accurate. I took many hours to watch a lot of full Pac-12 games beyond the fact that I watch the Pac-12 in general with just the rumor of Prime to the Pac-12 to the point I try to be as honest as possible. This post right here is not it my friend. It's disrespectful and off the rip, I know you don't watch the SWAC and sound like an idiot from Reddit.

The SWAC defenses aren't trash. If anything the SWAC DLs are far better than their OLs. Their top-end LBs and DBs are really good and can play. The issue with the SWAC is depth. Mostly every team lacks a lot of depth. Especially in the trenches. They tend to be undersized but they have a lot of ability. That and QB play, it's really bad on average. It's hard to be a good QB in the SWAC. The DLs are always better than the OLs and your schemes aren't the most creative as you don't have the highest Football IQ so you can't be too creative with play design on average so it's not that easy at all. It's very difficult. It's not the Southland or Big Sky, and it's definitely not the Missouri Valley where the OLs dominate the DLs.

There is going to be a learning curve for anyone playing at a lower level to a higher level, that includes Sanders, Hunter, Jatta, Horn Jr, etc. That said, the game speed isn't much different. The size is and his personnel is going to be much better. I'll go so far to say he will have more success at Colorado than at Jackson State. Superior playcaller. He didn't have that option available at JSU because what offensive mastermind would want to go to JSU where you are limited due to the OL and many of the best talent having issues doing more than 1v1, post, and go routes. The OL at Colorado is superior at pass blocking. Even the guys added are good players. He got excellent weapons around him.

You just need to know Shedeur's game to know how he will adjust. Elite pre-snap reads - similar to Jake Fromm. Excellent at quick reads. Very accurate at all four levels. Good arm strength. Improved his mobility to the point where he's closer to a balanced QB even though he's still a pocket passer. His biggest issue which are holding the ball too long and throwing on the run can be mitigated in the Pac-12 as we seen with Nix and Penix Jr.

I would say, I would worry about a transition to the SEC where it's like the SWAC but with studs. That's a lot harder but in the Pac-12. If anything, it would be easier. If you are questioning Sanders, you need to question Hunter and Coleman as well. The fact that you didn't mention them tells me you don't know what the hell you are talking about and just talking foolish ish. Sorry, but I don't like people talking on ish they have no clue of when they could just ask people who do which would be much better.
You said I trashed the SWAC and the majority of your post that follows proceeds to criticize the SWAC in much greater detail than I could. Thanks for helping make my point.

If I had to put money o n it right now, I would say there are only 4 starters returning next year that started this year.

Van Wells at C
One of: Naim Rodman or Jalen Sami at DT
Tommy Brown at a guard spot
Derek Bedell at Long Snapper lol
I'll agree with it for now.

If Colorado lands their targets:

QB: Sanders
HB: Edwards or Hankerson, seems like they shut down RB recruitment when Dylan committed.
FB: IDK, will Coach Lewis use a FB, he didn't at Kent State.
TE: Taoure
WR1: ???
WR2: Horn Jr.
Slot: Coleman Jr.
LT: ??? maybe Jatta
LG: Tommy Brown*
C: Wells*
RG: Tyler Brown
RT: Washington

Defense
DT/NT: Sami*
DT: Kneeland
DE: Cokes
LB/EDGE: Alston
LB/EDGE: Grant*
LB: Ham or Mister Williams, maybe Victory Johnson starts as a true freshman
LB: Bentley
CB1: Hunter
CB2: ???
S: Silmon-Craig
S: Shilo or Woods

K: ???
P: ???
KR/PR: ???

Obviously, all of these roles outside of Sheduer are likely up for grabs.

Not to get into the weeds too much but the top third of the teams in both the FCS conferences Big Sky and Missouri Valley would have destroyed JSU in actual games. Sorry, but that’s just a fact. We’ll see how the G5 guys play out.

I’m also factoring in the surprising improvement for a majority of PAC12 teams last year. Next years games are probably going to be pretty fast for a lot of the new Buffs. Next year will be fun and full of hope but we’ll be rockin’ in ‘24. The OOC games get lighter after next year too….

But we are not bringing in the entire JSU team, Hunter, Shedeur and Coleman were 4 star recruits out of HS and the very best players on that team. I think that when the talent is there, and I have very little reason to believe it isn't with those three guys, that talent can and will translate very quickly.

You said I trashed the SWAC and the majority of your post that follows proceeds to criticize the SWAC in much greater detail than I could. Thanks for helping make my point.

Dude, that's a cop out answer.

I'll agree with it for now.

If Colorado lands their targets:

QB: Sanders
HB: Edwards or Hankerson, seems like they shut down RB recruitment when Dylan committed.
FB: IDK, will Coach Lewis use a FB, he didn't at Kent State.
TE: Taoure
WR1: ???
WR2: Horn Jr.
Slot: Coleman Jr.
LT: ??? maybe Jatta
LG: Tommy Brown*
C: Wells*
RG: Tyler Brown
RT: Washington

Defense
DT/NT: Sami*
DT: Kneeland
DE: Cokes
LB/EDGE: Alston
LB/EDGE: Grant*
LB: Ham or Mister Williams, maybe Victory Johnson starts as a true freshman
LB: Bentley
CB1: Hunter
CB2: ???
S: Silmon-Craig
S: Shilo or Woods

K: ???
P: ???
KR/PR: ???

Obviously, all of these roles outside of Sheduer are likely up for grabs.

Coleman as WR1?

Back