What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Props to Kelly and the Ducks

Nor do they have the national championships.... of which CU has one.

They really got under my skin today

Well here are some things I saw from duck fans in the middle of the CU section
-Some douche walking up the aisle with his face painted and blowing one of those stupid duck quackers.
-Some duuche walking up the aisle with his hands in a O the whole time yelling, "seventy five to zero!"
-Several douches acting like they just went ahead in the national championship game on their 35th and 42nd points of the game.
-Some douche walking out after the game with one of those stupid sticky gloves with an Oregon logo when you put them together showing and yelling at everybody in sight.

Reminded me of fusker fans, It's too bad because Oregon doesn't have half the history and tradition that Nebraska does.

Wait until tonight's bar stories come out tomorrow...

Some good fans, so I don't want to generalize.

With most fan bases that visit, the vast majority are there to have a good time, enjoy seeing a different stadium, have a beer and talk football with fans of the other team. There are always a few assholes and students are usually going to get a little out of hand when they've been drinking. A lot of Oregon fans came in with an attitude. Reminded me a lot of Raiders or Steelers fans in an opposing stadium. Not friendly. Mostly confrontational.

I don't get the Nub fan comparison. Those are mostly boring people who think they invented football and see Husker football as something that makes them classy themselves. Oregon fans weren't knowledgeable, weren't boring, and their arrogance was more along the lines of Duck football being something that gave them license to be a douche.

they did let up on on the pedal. whatever motives they had, they could literally have scored 100 if they wanted to do so. so, i give them credit for not doing what mack brown or tom osborne would have done.

welcome to 1984, boys.
fify. I hope.

One other thing I might add is how obnoxious the older duck fans were. Age didn't matter they still had a cocky, loud attitude.

While they may have let up, I can't forgive going for 2 when they were 4 1/2 td favorites.

“In the second half, I think both teams were kind of like, let’s keep the clock moving and get this over with,” Oregon defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti said.

Oregon fans are pieces of ****. Can't wait to get revenge on those ****ers, but they'll likely all be off the bandwagon pulling for the next "flavor of the year" by then.

I'm not a fan of the Ducks but I thought Kelly showed a lot of class when he was interviewed right after the game and said, "Colorado played hard. We had a few more players and it worked out for us."

Speed kills.

I was careful when choosing my words, and limiting my praise to Chip Kelly, not the entire Oregon fan base.

Canada Duck did us a favor with his contribution to the eye candy thread, and I'd welcome him back anytime.

I'm open to hearing from those who went to the game to chime in on how their traveling fans behaved in Boulder this weekend.

I've been avoiding Oregon message boards, though.

Thanks for the compliment and I might stick around for a while if you guys don't mind. The Oregon free boards are nasty and if I was not a Duck fan I would never visit them. The good Duck fans stick to premium boards and rarely post on stuff like Open Season on scout. A lot of the fellow Duck fans embarrass me with how they behave, but I do my best to point it out to them when I see them in Autzen.

Thanks for the compliment and I might stick around for a while if you guys don't mind. The Oregon free boards are nasty and if I was not a Duck fan I would never visit them. The good Duck fans stick to premium boards and rarely post on stuff like Open Season on scout. A lot of the fellow Duck fans embarrass me with how they behave, but I do my best to point it out to them when I see them in Autzen.
you aint a bad duck. But as long as you understand that the ducks are dirty sluts, you can stay. :lol:

After all the pictures I posted of Duck cheerleaders I think that statement be assumed?

Luckily Colorado has plenty of dirty sluts, too. :)

I miss college.

Can't judge the fans, but I agree with Nik's initial post completely. I got pretty nervous at the end of the first quarter. It is almost disappointing...I am kind of looking for someone to hate in the PAC-12 but I guess we are too terrible to find a rival right now.

agree with nik. This could have been a lot more ugly than it was. Oregon's 3rd or 4th team at skill positions would start for us.

That's the way it's supposed to work, I don't give them "props"

When you're crushing your opponent, that's when you take the time to get your backups reps. They started with their backups, and then put in THEIR backups by the second quarter.

That's how teams continue to stay on top. It ****ING BLOWS! If they would have kept their starters in, it would have hurt their program in the future. **** Oregon

that's what I thought also, **** the ducks

The KOA radio broadcast mentioned that Nike chief and mega-donor Phil Knight was in attendance at the game today.

Who knows what was going through his mind...

I can only hope he appreciated how good looking CU's traditional B&G uniforms looked under the Boulder sky.

Then I can imagine how disappointed he was with the quality of the video board over the Dal Ward. Maybe he saw Balch and contrasted that facility with his state of the art athletic complex he built in Eugene. Maybe he thought about how Frank Shorter and Kara Goucher and Adam Culpepper and legions of Nike sponsored runners started and ended their runs in that ratty old fieldhouse.

After being thrilled with the Duck's first quarter performance, he then had a couple hours to contemplate the haves and the have nots in the Pac 12.

Maybe he thought about how blow-outs like this one do not make for good television. Maybe he thought about how CU also has a Nike contract, and how viewers across the nation are flipping TV channels to watch more competitive games between teams wearing Under Armor.

Maybe, just maybe, Phil decided that the Buffs are in dire need of an angel. Maybe he decided to just do it and cut a big honking check to CU that will assist in pulling this once proud program up from out of the gutter.

He did donate north of $50M to Stanford's business school. He's not loyal to just Oregon, ya know. If he needs another project, there was another one right before his eyes.

Somebody mention rails?

bear-cocaine.jpg

Damn it you clearly win this round.

Ha ha ha not a contest. Flipping between here and my Board as I'm sure you are canard. Good to meet a decent quacka on my travels this year though. This is their first year in the Pac. We owe them some laughs, hotties and cool links. God only knows what these bastards had to put up with before they found their true conference.

Ha ha ha not a contest. Flipping between here and my Board as I'm sure you are canard. Good to meet a decent quacka on my travels this year though. This is their first year in the Pac. We owe them some laughs, hotties and cool links. God only knows what these bastards had to put up with before they found their true conference.

I am trying to figure out why you keep calling me Canard because I know one, but I am not a big fan of him. I have no idea what they had to put up with from former Big-12 fans, but it was probably nasty.

I am trying to figure out why you keep calling me Canard because I know one, but I am not a big fan of him. I have no idea what they had to put up with from former Big-12 fans, but it was probably nasty.

Not only nasty, but spelled incorrectly and written in crayon.

I am trying to figure out why you keep calling me Canard because I know one, but I am not a big fan of him.

There was an old poster on the Cal boards who used to post under "Revanche du Canard" when Oregon was middle of the PAC and humble. He was pretty cool. Then a new bandwagon Whoregon fan showed up posting under a similar name with the recent success your program is enjoying. He sucked, couldn't spell and posted out of his ass. Calling you canard is my way of giving you old school props a la the original Revanche du Canard. The fact that you are Canadian makes it more apropos. Profiter de la partie:

canard nm. duck
canard à l'orange nm. duck in orange sauce
canard sauvage nm. wild duck
canard domestique nm. domestic duck
canard boîteux nm. lame duck
manchon de canard nm. duck wing
magret de canard nm. duck breast
gigolette de canard nf. duck stew

Last edited:
There was an old poster on the Cal boards who used to post under "Revange du Canard" when Oregon was middle of the PAC and humble. He was pretty cool. Then a new bandwagon Whoregon fan showed up posting under a similar name with the recent success your program is enjoying. He sucked, couldn't spell and posted out of his ass. Calling you canard is my way of giving you old school props a la the original Revange du Canard. The fact that you are Canadian makes it more apropos. Profiter de la partie:

canard nm. duck
canard à l'orange nm. duck in orange sauce
canard sauvage nm. wild duck
canard domestique nm. domestic duck
canard boîteux nm. lame duck
manchon de canard nm. duck wing
magret de canard nm. duck breast
gigolette de canard nf. duck stew

I recognize the name Revange du Canard and I have no idea where it was from. I guess I will accept the name Canard because as a Duck fan there are a million worse names for me lol

Back