What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Protect CU's Future: Write to CU Regents before May 17 Meeting (Now May 22nd)

Has anyone from District 1 emailed Kroll, as a constituent, and asked him his position on the matter? Asking before I do.

Dear [Clean Undies]

Thank you for writing to the regents about your interest and concerns about Coach MacIntyre and the athletics department inquiry. The regents greatly value your support of and interest in the University of Colorado.
Because the regents are awaiting a final report, which they expect to receive soon, it would be inappropriate for any of the regents to respond at this time. President Benson and the regents are aware of the concerns that you and many other constituents have voiced, are committed to ensuring that the inquiry is conducted fairly, and plan to bring the inquiry to a conclusion as soon as possible.
Patrick T. O’Rourke
Vice President, University Counsel and
Secretary of the Board of Regents

From Brian Howell in his Buffzone chat just now:

In the 2016 fiscal year - with ended after the 4-9 season - the football team had more than $19.1 million more in revenue than expenses. Men's basketball was at plus-$2.1 million. The other sports were a combined negative-$10.5 million.

That's why football success is so vital for any schedule, but particularly for CU right now. For CU to build a lacrosse complex, put lights at Prentup, etc., they need the football team to be successful.

Gender equality and opportunity from CU athletics is directly tied to the performance of football and, to a lesser extent, men's basketball.

Not much in his tweets. The most telling was something he posted from USA Today about college spending on athletics being "unsustainable." While that may be true for the non Power 5 schools, I don't believe it is for the P5 programs.
I'm not sure he wholly grasps the difference between P5 and G5, between FBS and FCS.

For a program like Idaho, it doesn't look like they can compete in this landscape. It's questionable for a number of G5 programs with their limited revenue potential. And the financial windfall that was coming from making the move from FCS to FBS doesn't seem to be there any more. It looks like things are going the opposite direction. It's important for CU to maintain its position as one of the "haves" because becoming a "have not" could be disastrous in the future landscape of college athletics.

Just got this too

Dear Dave,
Thank you for writing to the regents about your interest and concerns about Coach MacIntyre and the athletics department inquiry. The regents greatly value your support of and interest in the University of Colorado.

Because the regents are awaiting a final report, which they expect to receive soon, it would be inappropriate for any of the regents to respond at this time. President Benson and the regents are aware of the concerns that you and many other constituents have voiced, are committed to ensuring that the inquiry is conducted fairly, and plan to bring the inquiry to a conclusion as soon as possible.

Patrick T. O’Rourke
1800 Grant Street
Suite 800
Denver, Colorado 80203
303-860-5686
Patrick.orourke@cu.edu

Obviously the Regents will never see these emails. My thought was to go to the press. Then I remembered. What press? There is no press any longer.

So, Paddy O'Rourke has me confused. Is this about the investigation or budget?

Obviously the Regents will never see these emails. My thought was to go to the press. Then I remembered. What press? There is no press any longer.
What do you mean? They all see them, they are seemingly just being forwarded to O'Rourke as well, and he is the one responding. Many people have already received replies directly from the Regent, but at this point, it looks like they are being overwhelmed with them. Also, on the "Meet the Regents" site, there is a note that they'd like you to cc the secretary on all e-mails.

this is planned?
RG mentioned it earlier this year. Wants to have a facility up to the standards of being able to host a Pac-12 Championship. I suspect, too, that he'd like to see WLAX be able to offset some of its costs with ticket sales as WSOC is currently able to do.

RG mentioned it earlier this year. Wants to have a facility up to the standards of being able to host a Pac-12 Championship. I suspect, too, that he'd like to see WLAX be able to offset some of its costs with ticket sales as WSOC is currently able to do.
got it. to have WLAX (+WSoc) be enough of a catalyst for capital investment, they must see a bright future there. it would also make adding MLAX that much more of a no-brainer

got it. to have WLAX (+WSoc) be enough of a catalyst for capital investment, they must see a bright future there. it would also make adding MLAX that much more of a no-brainer

I believe that's the long-term goal. However, I think they'd like to see more MLAX programs in the west with an eye toward it being a Pac-12 sport.

Where I think the more short-term reality could be is with CU adding WRugby and MSoccer to go with a more permanent setup for field sports -- whether that's at Prentup on the East Campus or whether that moves to the old football practice fields north of Boulder Creek. Field sports with associated parking, permanent bleachers and lockers, and parking that also serves football Saturdays with a Boulder Creek complex would seem the way to go. Particularly since the university wants to build more academic buildings on the non-flood plain land of the East Campus (where Prentup & Potts currently sit). For this, everything at Prentup is currently portable so it would be very inexpensive to do an interim step of field sports on the creek with lights installed. Eventually, we'd hope those portable bleachers could turn into permanent stands with locker rooms.

With Lacrosse, I think they might just stay at Kittredge. As I've posted before, I think that a design that would work with the way things are built into that hillside over Hwy 36 is to do something like they did at DU.
barton_stadium2.jpg

With that, they could expand Lot 416 which would also help with some of the basketball parking issues.
1689525_orig.png

That DU facility is really beautiful - great place to catch a game.

Dear [Clean Undies]

Patrick T. O’Rourke

Got the same response word for word but addressed to Buffalo Brad

And the press has never been stronger. You just don't happen to like the truth. You can't handle the truth!

Sent my email. I let them know I'm a CU alumnus and Boulder County resident. I focused on the benefits of a successful football program and the value Coach Macintyre brings to our university as a man of great character. Received a quick response from Heidi Ganahl:

"Thanks [Trufflesauce] – I so appreciate you taking the time to send this. Your feedback matters. I’m hopeful this will be resolved soon!"

Many of my family members are CU alumni who I've also convinced to email the BOR. I'm hopeful that everyone's outreach will make a difference.

Back