What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

Just probation!? No schollie losses? Puleaze. weak.

That's just the self-imposed part, obviously designed to mitigate what's coming. I predict the loss of scholarships when the NCAA is done.

My guess is the punishment will be a bit worse than USC, like a three-year bowl ban and a 65-70 scholarship cap.

NCAA has to restrict bowl appearance and scholarships. 3 year bowl ban and loss of 10-15 scholarships a year.

Nobody care about victories "vacated" after the fact.

But since it is the NCAA I fully expect them to accept the self imposed punishment, thank tOSU for all of there hard work to get to the bottom of this, and then proceed to go out an hammer the crap out of a SW Southern St. or some other schlep for letting a student athlete pay $3 for a $5 footlong.

My guess is the punishment will be a bit worse than USC, like a three-year bowl ban and a 65-70 scholarship cap.

They may lose some schollies, but they're not going to get a bowl ban unless the NCAA adds a LOIC charge. To me this seems like they are trying to get the NCAA to view having to shove their top coach overboard as their main penalty. Not sure that is going to fly considering Boise and if rumors are true WVU just lost schollies for seemingly lesser charges, though Boise did somehow get the LOIC tag.

I think they lose a few schollies, but overall less than USC. Oregon seems like the one that will get *** pounded.

Reading what I have lately, Gene Smith should be gone. He and Gee were just caught in a lie. Tress just got paid off. Gee's job should be in danger. NCAA is pissed off and the people running OSU must be discussing ideas about mitigating damages, sanctions and reputation. What a mess. This isn't over by a long shot.

I wonder how many quarters I will last in the stadium at columbus next year. I can see some arguments developing between the hicks and myself.

I wonder how many quarters I will last in the stadium at columbus next year. I can see some arguments developing between the hicks and myself.

Im betting you will last at least a little longer than rugged, loblaw and I and our 5 am whiskey shots :lol:

Tressell ended up not paying the $250k fine. Instead, they paid him $52k. Coincidentally, it was the same day he took the blame.

Apparently their strategy in the response letter was to claim all their controls worked essentially, and to foist all the blame off on Tressell. They didn't just throw Tressell under the bus, the backed up and ran him over a few extra times.

So they blame Tressel, but officially change his resignation to a retirement? What a joke. Vacating wins is the weakest punishment imaginable - does Arkansas consider itself the Sugar Bowl champions now? No.

Im betting you will last at least a little longer than rugged, loblaw and I and our 5 am whiskey shots :lol:

Maybe. How long did you last at cal before being detained in the holding cells at the top of the hill?

Maybe. How long did you last at cal before being detained in the holding cells at the top of the hill?

I lasted until 5 PM, at which point I passed out on the couch. I woke up at 9 pm, whereupon I found that Rugged and Loblaw had left me to go find the mythical hot lesbian. Upon my arrival, I promptly dragged them out of the bear's den to save them from themselves, and then we went to another bar and I had to take loblaw's phone from him between fending off women of questionable hotness. Rugged? At that point, I think he was in a corner of the bar crying, taking shots, and humping a giant stuffed teddy bear. Or something.

Last edited:

They were just complying with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act.) Terrell has a reported vision issue (thus the shaded visor on his helmet sometimes) and in order to function in the least restrictive manner needed that window tinting to block sun glare and those custom rims to make his car easier to find when his vision was still adjusting to the darkness of the stripclubs when he came out!

It's all legit, you people are just picking on tOSU.

Letting those guys play in the Sugar Bowl was a big mistake. It made a bad situation much worse. Sitting them would have sent a better message and maybe would have helped come sanction time. I might be in the minority here but I see them getting slammed pretty hard. As far as the above report lol not surprised, im sure there is alot more like it that arent for repairs.

Letting those guys play in the Sugar Bowl was a big mistake. It made a bad situation much worse. Sitting them would have sent a better message and maybe would have helped come sanction time. I might be in the minority here but I see them getting slammed pretty hard. As far as the above report lol not surprised, im sure there is alot more like it that arent for repairs.

What is interesting about that report is that it ties straight back to the compliance office. Makes the case for lack of institutional control that much easier.

Ruh roh...if this can be proven OSU has dug themselves into a much, much deeper hole, and the cynicism around their cheating is completely justified. Report from an Ohio TV station citing MULTIPLE sources that Tressell told the administration about the email tip he received back around mid-December. Although it sounds like Tressell was deliberately vague in the way he reported it.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...m-tressel-ncaa-investigation-tip.html?sid=102

Back