What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quarterback recruiting

So, you agree competition is a good thing for him?

Competition is good for everyone, when there is a legitimate closeness that needs to be sorted out. Montez is far ahead of his competition right now, so I did not like the manufactured competition to prove a point due to weak ass coaching. I think that Coach Roper is going to reset all these boys, especially SM, and the up and down mentality will go away. I think he will have matured a lot, and I expect amazing things from him. I feel like the senior receivers caused multiple problems with the attitude, the lack of leadership, and as mentioned not blocking for each other. I believe that SM will be the starter, but if he stumbles and the next guy is ready to help us win, then I got no problem with that. I am not a one man guy, I am a win now guy. I just have a strong opinion and feeling about Mr. Montez, and I will stick to that.

I think it all hinges on what kind of year Montez has. If he has a monster year and goes early, then the 2019 QB battle begins right there. If Montez has a average to bad year and Noyer leaps him in the depth chart, then there’s no reason to go anywhere.
"Goes early." I'm dying...holy hell...I'm having trouble breathing. Hahahaha.

This is the thread where we are educated that the higher rated High School QB always, and I mean always, turns out to be the best QB.

Noyer will get passed by Lytle in a few short weeks.
Then Stenstrom will get passed by Evans well before Evans gets here. Hell, Stenstrom should transfer now.
This. I got to see Evans workout up close. Stenstrom will be behind him before he even steps foot on campus.

Did you miss the part where I clearly stated “If he has a monster year”?

Still laughing? Or just having trouble with reading today?
6'5" 240 lb QB with a rocket arm and scrambling ability. That's exactly the type of college QB who will "go early" if he has a monster year and enters the draft.

(If that statement makes you laugh, there's no need to thank me for bringing you a little joy today. :))

Back